HL2 - CS2 VIDEO

Fatty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because it's NOT CS2. It's the original CS source being ported into the HL2 graphics engine. In short, same game, prettier pictures.

Aztec looked sweet and it looks like fun, but I'll be more impressed when a true CS2 is developed/released.

GC Founder
DL otw... seen the HL2 demo and stuff but that is it, looking forward to this.  Thanks to fatty for this one... =)

Thanks forwarded to Mossad who put the vid in my hands.

I am downloading both the vid Fatty linked and the one Duffman spoke about. I saw a couple of different vids from last years E3 and by the description, the one Duff mentioned could be it...except that FilePlanet has the release date at 5/12/04, yesterday.

I'll check them out then let ya' know...maybe even host the 600MB one for a bit.

CS is gonna be a little bit cooler real soon.

I wouldnt hold my breath.

But i saw the 600MB version from FilePlanet and the HL2 part was great and all, but then it got to the CS running on the source engine and i was stunned.

:o

This is the best news for CS in recent years.

I wanna play CS running on source almost more than I wanna play HL2 now.

I heard something about a remake of HL 1 on the source engine too.

That would be awesome.

Good job for valve. They know how to appease all the fans in a matter of minutes.

Now we just need some solid ship dates, none of this sometime in the summer crap.

GC Founder

Anyone got a file planet ID i can use for this? I was going to load to mantis and then to our webserver....but at first I was waiting 160 minutes....then I looked 2 hours later and it said 270 minutes? erm...

Anyone got a file planet ID i can use for this?  I was going to load to mantis and then to our webserver....but at first I was waiting 160 minutes....then I looked 2 hours later and it said 270 minutes?  erm...

that's because the 160minutes was an estimate and you missed your download time...so the page put you back at the back of the line after about 5 minutes of waiting for you to click "yes I want to download"...rather stupid way of doing it...cause who's gonna ACCIDENTALLY open one of fileplanet's downloads and then ACCIDENTALLY leave it running for 2 hours...

:rolleyes:

the Subscriber ID I had is gone now...so I can't help

.gc members can get faster access through Fileplanet subscription (no offense Dweez but your link is going at 100k/sec while Fileplanet is going at 800k/sec)

No offense taken. I got it from File Planet with a borrowed account and was averaging 2.5Mbps download speed. I will still leave this up as an option for others.

Anyone who gets it from me, please let me know you estimated average download speed to appease my curiousity.

Started out at about 150kb/s but now it's around 60kb/s.

Thanks!

Anyone who gets it from me, please let me know you estimated average download speed to appease my curiousity.

190 to 200 range to start. DL's usually tend to slow down on me over a long period.

And THANK YOU!!

Edited by ConGregation

That's because it's NOT CS2. It's the original CS source being ported into the HL2 graphics engine. In short, same game, prettier pictures.

Aztec looked sweet and it looks like fun, but I'll be more impressed when a true CS2 is developed/released.

Interesting. So could you make it so old engine could play with new engine? Probably not but an interesting thought.

hey i have a question.....will hl2 and the new cs....run on a NVIDIA 5600 XT or FX (not sure which) 256 MB

Yes.

But you prolly wont be able to run at a resolution any higher than 800x600 with medium quality settings in game.

I'm basing this on absolutely nothing though, so I could be completely wrong.

If your system plays Farcry pretty nicely though I would say it would be fine for any game that comes out this year.