Mcc

Sid
(edited)

agreed, I make a playful JOKE and everyone jumps all over my back. MCC won't happen with people like you all hanging around. Forget I ever said anything. Trying to stir up some FRIENDLY compatition is too much to ask for these days I guess. I'm done with you guys, don't even respond to this thread, I don't care and won't check it, so don't waste your time... :nono:

One more thing All killer I don't know what your problem with me is, you don't even know me and if you did you would know I wasn't being serious and am more for the "fun" atmosphere of trop than anyone. I've played more MCC as a S!D member than as a member of MwR so don't come complaining to me about how MwR ruined it...Not my fault. So dood back off if you don't know what your talking about.

Oh and A.K. wth dood, we used to be tight in S!D why the bad tude toward me now I can aprreciate you don't like MwR but no reason to hate on me. I was just being playful and not trying to be "I'm mr. MwR that makes me all cool and leet blah blah blah"... and you know it, I'm just hurt man...

Dino, I'm not gonna bother with you, not worth my energy...

Edited by Sid

For someone who never played in a MCC and is relatively new to the TROP community, I would love to see some sort of friendly tournament among the regulars here. You could count Inspired` in on whatever you decide to do, and I could even field two teams of 5. Mabye just design two events. One saturday where the teams are randomly drawn out of a hat or something, and one Saturday where we play with our clans. Anyway test the waters and see who would be interested in this.

I know we have enough active clans to do this.

mmmm

doh

mwr

inspired

VI

gravity

could be more..

Lux

Edited by Lux Eterna

I'm up for doing some kind of tourney here. Although, last time we tried even just an 8 team 3v3 CS tourney and none of the matches ever got played and the tourney just dropped. I still have the tourney program on the webserver if we need to use it as well. It logs in teams, sets brackets, and tracks the tourney as team captains post results.

keep that BGB for now, because hopefully we can use it in the near future.

I am with Apollo on this one. It shouldnt be hard, relatively speaking. Cal is going on too, so that elimates people, or atleast tues nights.

i would love to get a tounry going. little 3v3 teams sounds almost more fun than full out 5v5.

We could pick our teams randomly, or just agree on them. ( all of this being of course easier said than done ). If it is randomly done then this is where teamwork plays a major role and learning to play of another.

lets get this going. I will help out in any way needed. Anyone else willing to set it up?

let me know.

there are still some monkeys that are active that play. i'm just not one of them yet. Rev we like to joke cuz it's fun. They're just fun nohting serious teams like to show off, it's good for competition. Hey Sid, the important thing about MCC is that DLM won the first one :)

Ok, didn't mention this either, but if I remember correctly, the tourney program will allow you to register users, and when you hit a certain amount it will randomly choose teams as well.....ie, if we wanted to do the just sign up and randomly choose teams, this program will do that for us as well.

Either way, if we want to get this up and running....I would suggest the first thing to do would be

-pick dates and times for the games to be played. With the amount of servers around here I'm sure some could be freed up for the events.

-Figure out the format, size of teams, round/time based etc.

-After all this is figured out, we need to do a sign up, whether it be individually or as a team. I would suggest at least a week or two of signup so that people can get organized and will have time to check their calendars on whether they can play or not. If there are only 8 teams and its single elimination, I think we could get this tourney done in one day (....7 games depending on time/rounds maybe). I will be happy to assist with this through board wide e-mails and pinning threads if need be.

-It might also be a nice way to promote GC by drawing in people from other communities. I know a lot of us frequent other forums for other communities, invites for outsiders to play might be fun as well. Bring some new talent in as well as increase the pool of players.(just a thought)

Actually MwR was totally into MCC for the fun of it..we were the one's every week wanting 8 or 9 people to play. All the teams starting turning it into a 5 vs 5 every week.

If we wanted to bring our top 5 every week,the monkeys wouldn't have beat us. But that besides the point-- they beat us regardless of the lineup and i still had fun.

We need to mebbe invite the players wanted in the tourney and leave the bigheads out.

MwR is ready to have more MCC fun anytime,and im sure we could help out a little. :)

Actually MwR was totally into MCC for the fun of it..we were the one's every week wanting 8 or 9 people to play. All the teams starting turning it into a 5 vs 5 every week.

If we wanted to bring our top 5 every week,the monkeys wouldn't have beat us. But that besides the point-- they beat us regardless of the lineup and i still had fun.

We need to mebbe invite the players wanted in the tourney and leave the bigheads out.

MwR is ready to have more MCC fun anytime,and im sure we could help out a little. :)

I dont remember an MCC match where DOH didn't put out as many players as were available. If anything, ppl were constantly being told they couldn't play during match night because the other team couldn't match our #'s.

I think part of the problem is the game itself. CS has evolved over the years. It came to a point where some players were just in a different league than others. Back in the beta days before CS became huge, I generally always did very well. Now I realize my skills declined over time but I see guys doing stuff now that I could never do. They are just that good and I will never be that good. Its the 'professional' mentality where guy really apply themselves to the game and become great. Of course I could never make that kind of commitment. Not that I am knocking those guys... I usually find watching them quite enjoyable.

But our league kind of got that way. You know, now that I think about it, it may have been more an evolution of the league itself. It started out very small with just a few teams. The 'community' wasn't near as big as it is now. With just 'the guys' in the league we may have deluded ourselves into thinking we were really good but as we grew the more 'talented' players started becoming a part of the community.

But for whatever reason the was a little change in attitude by all parties. That experience will probably be the one thing I will always look back on throughout my 'online' experience and hold it up as the ideal standard that subsequent experiences will never major up to.

Or maybe I'm just a stupid sentimental old fart.

I really don't think that Mcc will ever revive...but that won't stop us from having those 1 night tourneys with random teams drawn at the beginning and play 3 or 4 matches in that one night...

see the upside to those tourneys is that it only requires one night of commitment and it's a onetime thing...just because you commit to one friday night doesn't mean you need to do it every friday night...

I know Fatty probably doesn't want to organize a "deadlock tourney"...but that doesn't mean someone else can't.

I'd personally love to...but my comp is fried :(

I only post from work now...

my team randomizer program is still up for use though...oh wait...maybe it's not cause it's on my hard drive at home...

guess it all depends on if Fatty still has it which I doubt

I could make another one though...

I dont remember an MCC match where DOH didn't put out as many players as were available. If anything, ppl were constantly being told they couldn't play during match night because the other team couldn't match our #'s.

This is true, we never had a problem with numbers from DOH, in fact our final match was vs you guess 6 on 6 i believe. But we were having problems with other clans who wanted to cut us off at 5. Guess the thinking was 8 MwRs would be harder to beat than just 5. But who knows. In conclusion, a new MCC would be great and I would look foward to it :D