dwEEz going to Vegas

dwEEziL

Welp, this sunday, I and the guys on my pool team will be heading to Vegas to play for $25K in the APA AmberBock 8-ball National Team Championship. However we end up doing we will have a great time (my first time in Vegas) but we don't play to go out like chumps.

I might be able to jump on the forums to let those who care know how we are doing. BTW, our team name is "Burnt Tips".

APA-Amberbock-NTC.gif

:D My team had qualified that past 2 years for vegas, but since I moved I don't have any team :[ Whats your handicap? I'm a 7 in 8-ball and an 8 in 9-ball. I just wish people told me about sandbagging before I went a murderous rampage when I started playing :o

My team won our first 2 matches and lost our second 2, one win away from increasing in money. We lost to a couple of teams that we probably shouldn't have lost to but that's they way it happens sometimes.

Moss, I am a strong 5 in both 8- and 9-ball. As for the sandbagging thing. I consider, as well as most APA officials, as cheating. Playing below your ability so that you have a lower skill rating just so that your handicap is higher, is wrong. And many teams there this year were doing it. One team captain tried to get me not to count some defenses just so the players skill level wouldn't be affected.

As for blackjack, I actually came out up/even on craps, Pai Gou, and Blackjack but the damn video poker kicked me in the butt.

Anyway, it was a freakin' blast and we hope to make it again next year.

I dunno dweez, EVERYONE was sand bagging years past in vegas, they still have the rule if you go up more that 2 rankings that you are DQ'ed along w/ your team?

Also did they have any pro events in conjunction w/ the apa this year?

Edited by Mossad

Yeah, sandbagging happens a lot, but it is "officially" discouraged. This year, if any team member went up one skill level, they were watch closely and possible DQ could occur. Same thing if any team was caught not marking the defensive shots.

They had some Pro events going on. Dr. Cue (Tom Rossman) help multiple trick shot exhibitions. There was also an artistic trick shot competition that I saw the finals of (Andy Segal won against Tom Rossman and Steve Keller (or something like that). I got Stefano Pelinga and Mike Massey's autograph on a book I bought and saw Allison Fisher roaming the halls often.

Hitman: From what I have heard, you could hold Civil War enactments in your butt and not feel a thing. ;)