new and exciting news

Shadow Slayer

as of december 12 i am engaged to be married. after so many years of looking for a girl i finnaly found one that is more then i ever hoped or dreamed for. we are planning on getting married on the 20 of march 2005. i will get pictures as soon as i can and post them on here. i seriously dont know how i got so lucky. shes a girl i used to work with at a grocery store and she was always the one that i wished would even notice me but she had a boy friend and i was a total dork at the time. then four years down the line she starts working at the same place that i do. i was still thinking that she was so high above me there was no way in heck that anything would ever happen. well i finnally got the courage to ask her to go grab something to eat. well she said she would take a rain check on it and i odviously assumed that she was blowing me off. well come to find out she wanted to but she hadnt quite figured out how to break it off with the guy she was with well a couple weeks later i thought o what the heck ill ask her again just for the crap of it. well she said yes then the next time i saw her she asked if i wanted to come out to her house to watch a movie well its been 9 months and now we have decided we want to spend the rest of our lives together. at first i was hesitant but i realized there is no logical reason not to except ,because i was scared of change. now im completely at peace with it. im so excited i can barely contain myself. i just had to tell yall even tho im sure there is very few people who will read all this but hey what can i say.

SS :boing::peace::D

Wow! Congrats! I am also engaged, and we are planning the wedding for sometime in early spring 05. We had both decided that we were going to get married but had decided that we could not afford an engagement ring. So, for Xmas, I decided to suprise her with a ring. Neither of us could wait to open our gifts, so we did it last night! :-) I couldn't wait to see her face when she opened it! So now it is really official! :D I couldn't be happier!

Just in case you wonder... she got a ring... I got a Bose speaker set for my computer :boing: Now we really are poor. :blink:

Ever notice if you get married before a certain age, people think your weird, but if your not married by a certain age people think your weird?

But anyway, congratulations bro! And what a nice story to go along with it too.

I'm sure many can relate to your situation but never actually got to marry the girl :P

• 3 weeks later...

well it kinda sux and it wasnt easy but i have decided to put the marriage off a little bit. just to give us time to get to know each other a little better. we really didnt give ourselves enough time so it kinda was creating problems in that we were getting really stressed out trying to get it all done so i just decided instead of getting in fights about it we would just put it off a little bit. i figure that wating is somethign that you can fix but getting married to quick and ending up miserable is something that you cant fix. so we are holding off a wee bit. i think i have quite a bit of growing up to do before i make a decision like that. ive been praying a lot and trying to find what Gods will in this situation. ive been talking to as many halppily married couples as i can and getting there thoughts and opinions on problems that might come up but im sure yall dont wanna hear about all this. ill talk to yall later

S.S.

um...this may sound weird...but CONGRATS AGAIN!

takes real maturity and foresight to make a decision like that man.

Nothing wrong with waiting longer to get to know each other better...like you said, it's easier to fix than "til death do us part"...and if it doesn't work out, at least you won't help the divorce rate go higher.

Congrats!!

I'm engaged too.. for a year now. I'm not planning to get married any time soon though. I'm not really even thinking about it really... nor I shouldn't be at 17.

I think it was really smart to put it off for a little. I'm already stressed about planning my wedding just because I went to my fiance's cousin's wedding almost 2 months ago!

I hope it all works out, I know it will. Congrats.

Edited by Heartless

I like your love story on how you two met. Thats so... amazing! Im really happy that worked out for you. Ive been dating my girlfriend for 19 months now and I still don't feel ready for marriage. I say it's a good move to hold off on the wedding a bit. If you two are meant for each other it'll work in the end. Thats how I feel about it. Heck I still got a few years of college ahead of me. My gf likes to pretend that we're married and watches wedding shows fantasizing thats us getting married. I just tell her let's wait until we get us some degrees and then we'll talk. If she is willing to wait... well shes my soul mate :wub:

Edited by YoMamma