Anyone using this server?

Fatty

Project Mayhem  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I play HLDM here and there, but I never see any other GC in.

Heck, I'd rather go back to 2 source servers than pay for a server we don't use. Mind you, Project Mayhem is a potential mod server, DoD source server, etc, but my question is what to do with it in the meantime?

I play it whenever the cs:s server is down. The only thing I like is the bow.

A second source server would be good. We have enough members now that perhaps we can start scrimming to ramp up our team play for competition. Just a thought.

GC Founder

We could actually do the DAD rotation on one, and another on another.

But, remember, the big problem is the number of admins....we have to be able to keep the level of adminning HIGH, else we can't do it.

I think I use it more then any other .gc and I use it in moderation. I love the server and game, but the only problem is that people request things and I have to tell them I'm not an admin so the server will empty. Usually this happens on the map "Bounce" because people cant download textures for it, request a map switch, and since i cant, they leave.

Edited by YoMamma

GC Founder

This is the first I've heard about a problem with Bounce files. Thanks for sharing! :blink:

So should I remove it from the cycle?

Primus: the server is getting used...fairly heavily on a daily basis. I'm talking about GC using it...no point in a complementary server out there, I want to see our members making use of where our money goes, this is my point.

This is the first I've heard about a problem with Bounce files.  Thanks for sharing!  :blink:

So should I remove it from the cycle?

Primus: the server is getting used...fairly heavily on a daily basis.  I'm talking about GC using it...no point in a complementary server out there, I want to see our members making use of where our money goes, this is my point.

I play it when Recrud is down, it's fun for a little while. I don't know what this server costs, but I don't really see a point of it either unless we're going to use it.

Right now I am preocupied with the 6v6 ladder for UT. Will be in over the holidays though. I also have issues with bounce, and I can see the frustration when you jump in and all you get is purple and black squares. Yes, maybe just that map. :P:D

GC Founder

bounce is removed.

What I need is justification for paying for this server monthly. I think it's a grand game, fun too, but at the amount I play it, I could just find a server and play on someone else's dime. I could search for any map that we have in our cycle or on our server if I was looking for something specific.

The question is: Is this server benefiting Gamers Coalition, both the members and the community at large?

The question is: Is this server benefiting Gamers Coalition, both the members and the community at large?

I think it would be more benificial to make another CS Source Server it seems like right now CS Source is booming with people because of the holidays and even if its not permanent it would be usefull right now. There is always atleast 20-23 people on Recrud. The only problem is admins on both servers. If you get another CS Source maybe open up recruiting for more admins....just a thought.

GC Founder

This could be considered, but I think we're just nearing the point where admin is becoming the club again where you know everyone in there. At just about any given point (during normal hours) I think I know half the people in Recru.

I don't want to split that up just yet.

Now, if we had different genres that we had people interested in (be it mods, maps, whatever) then we might look at that more closely. I'd love to have a server again where it was devoted to 3rd parties.

This could be considered, but I think we're just nearing the point where admin is becoming the club again where you know everyone in there.  At just about any given point (during normal hours) I think I know half the people in Recru. 

I don't want to split that up just yet.

Now, if we had different genres that we had people interested in (be it mods, maps, whatever) then we might look at that more closely.  I'd love to have a server again where it was devoted to 3rd parties.

Yeah that's a good idea, a second source server for just custom maps seems like it could be a fun change of pace...

Now with more non-members becoming increasingly annoyed by getting kicked because of reserves, a new CS server may work out good even if it's not a custom map thing, i'm sure all of us would try to spread ourselves around.

Just an idea that I posted elsewhere before, I personally would love to see a place to go where there were no scoped weapons, that gets so frustrating and not fun when it turns into a sniper-fest. Even if it were just certain maps or times, I would love the chance to play without snipers camping leisurely waiting to pick you off from a safe and comfortable distance.

GC Founder

Well, what we DONT want to do is make things easy for the public..then the value of membership declines.

THe value of membership with the enactment of reserves just skyrocketed...well beyond $25 / year....we don't want to counteract that.

I never particularly cared for servers that messed with the game (except for restricting shields). Even though I never snipe and if I do I die faster than a hill in west Kansas, I still like the complete game.

But you do have a point in that it is different enough to keep it from being a dividing factor in the CS community.

Would be MUCH easier to get off the ground than a 'new maps' server.

Edited by ConGregation

GC Founder

Welp, no matter what we consider, we're going to need to "divide" to the extent that we have committed admins on both servers. The reason we dropped from 2 to 1 source while we waited for HL2DM was that we couldn't maintain control of both efficiently.

A "NoScope" server might be a hit, who knows.

The first question is: do we convert HL2DM or not? I'll send out an email for anyone in GC who cares to pop in here and discuss.

If we are not getting the use out of it then yeah, I would say switch it rather than add a new one. If anyone wants to get an HL2DM fix, they can go to a pub. My other question is, what happened to Ante? Can we have another CS server without the technical problems we had there?