Anyone using this server?

Fatty

Project Mayhem  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HL2DM is a blast! But I have only played it a little. Personally I cater more to the 'realistic' team based stuff like CS. So my opinion is biased. I played on our server a few times but never with anyone I knew. Unless we have some admins and develop a real community based on that server then I would say just pubbin can meet our community needs.

As far as admins... A lot of that can be dealt with now that admin mods are out.

I like the idea of having the second server for the "fun" maps. Someday we will have maps like iceworld back and boy am I looking forward to that.

I don't think messing with the game serves anyones purpose. Next we will be slaying terrorists who spawn camp with awps in dust 2 (my pet agravation). I think we should leave the game as is to provide a "fair" gaming experience.

My $.02 Cdn. (not worth much in US dollars)

GC Founder

Then you're ruling out all mods with your interpretation of "fair."

Doing things with weapons, etc, is a simple modification.

What if we took away awps and autosnipers from T's on Italy (we can do this on a map / map basis....wouldn't that be more "fair". Instead, we've countered by demanding that GC take the job of making maps fair.

Then you're ruling out all mods with your interpretation of "fair."

Doing things with weapons, etc, is a simple modification.

What if we took away awps and autosnipers from T's on Italy (we can do this on a map / map basis....wouldn't that be more "fair".  Instead, we've countered by demanding that GC take the job of making maps fair.

That is a veiwpoint that I had not considered.

GC Founder

that's definitely an option that we've discussed in the past. Any guess on the release date for this?

If it's a month, 2 months, 3 months away, etc...what to do in the meantime is the question. I totally agree on DoDS though!

Even if its temporary until a different games comes out, I still like the idea of no scoped weapons, and whoever says it's not fair, must not be able to play without them, it is fair, everyone has to get in there and get dirty, no campin on a remote crate waitin for some poor sucka to walk in his crosshairs.

Some may not like it, that's why Recrude isn't going anywhere, but lifes about choices, and I for one would play on it, even if it's not a permanent thing, something would be better than nothing.

(in case you guys havent noticed, I hate snipers) :P

I like the idea of a "themed" server where only certain weapons or only non traditional CS:S maps were played. I personally like playing the traditional maps, but from time to time like to go and play a totally different map.

The no scope weapons idea sounds interesting at the least, don't know if I've ever tried that.

GC Founder

This really is a no-brainer...when I email out to GC I send out nearly 90 emails...

None of us use the server regularly.

Even if one or five of us like the game, we can't justify paying for a server to host it...we should be playing on other people's dimes with such a low interest.