AFC:

N.Y. Jets

San Diego

Denver

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

New England

My vote:

I think the NFC is hard to say, but the AFC I see it being Pittsburgh... and I see them winning it too (although I am a Steeler fan so maybe I am being a bit too hopeful). I was thinking it would be the Eagles, but without Owens, I don't think they can get it done. My vote is GB.

AFC will win the Superbowl...

But Packers vs. Steelers is my pick...otherwise Eagles vs. Steelers...but I doubt the Eagles will make it past their first playoff game without Owens. I was looking at the possibilities and if the Packers win they play the Falcons - Packers beat the Falcons and Eagles lose that week the Pack has the Championship game at HOME. Which would be HUGE.

Steelers vs Packers - 38-28

Gunny

There is no chance the eagles are not going to the superbowl this year. They should have been there the last 2 years and choked and now they are just in the same situation without TO plus this time the teams in are AWFUL.

The steelers have had an amazing season, but I'm am curious to see how roethlesburger (sp?) will do in the playoffs. I think due to him being a rookie, his inexperience in the playoffs will show, try to force bad passes, impatience, etc... Steelers are a team that use their run to open up their passing game. Well there's some high octane offensive team in the playoffs, come strong or don't come at all. So what I figure, steelers are going to get behind and be in a have to pass situation, where Roethlesburger's lack of post season experience will show.

So what I figure, steelers are going to get behind and be in a have to pass situation, where Roethlesburger's lack of post season experience will show.

Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. The Steeler D is ranked one of the best this year.

As for TO, he is a major factor for the Eagles. I would have said this was going to be their year to get in, but without TO, I don't know. It will be a close one. I just think GB will edge them out.

Ben the burger led a two minute game winning drive just a week or two ago. He has the composure and consistency to be continue his success in the post season.

Pittsburgh has a great defense and great running game. Remember all those times Ben got sacked because he would'nt make a stupid pass. It fit in with the strengths of the team. This kid is smart and, I think, won't play outside of his game.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

I can't wait for AFC playoffs.. going to be good stuff.

San Diego will win the superbowl, over the Eagles. Brees and Tomlinson are a lethal duo, add in one of the best tightends in the league in Gates and a great (over-acheiving, albiet) D.. and you have a recipe for success :].

Wild Card Picks:

Indi > Denver

San Diego > NYJ

Green Bay > Minni

St. Louis > Seattle

Edited by PDO

Ben the burger led a two minute game winning drive just a week or two ago. He has the composure and consistency to be continue his success in the post season.

Pittsburgh has a great defense and great running game. Remember all those times Ben got sacked because he would'nt make a stupid pass. It fit in with the strengths of the team. This kid is smart and, I think, won't play outside of his game.

I completly agree...

(however, I am a Steeler fan. A SB win was under my xmas tree this year)

Packers Steelers...Also a Steelers fan here so I'm biased. I think the Patriots will give the Steelers a run in the championship game but being held in steel town I think the black & gold will emerge on top.

I doubt Indy will make it past New England...course I say that based on bad weather...if it's nice I can see Manning taking the game over. The AFC is so hard to judge. Indy, NE, Pitt, SD...all quality teams...not to take away from Denver cause they are playing well and the Jets may have a little some some left in them.

And, I believe Pittsburgh officially has the #1 defence. My only question is if Bettis will be able to start or if Cowher will start Staley.

I see New England losing to my Colts. Even in bad weather. The one weakness of the Pats is their beleaguered secondary. I just think in the end Peyton will find a way to exploit that weakness.

Yeah, SD is the wild card team. A strong team that could give any team fits. But in the end the good teams will beat them... I think.

I bet the bus will be rollin. I really root for that guy!!

San deigo i see as the most dangerous team in the playoffs by far...they have almost nothing to lose...they were supposed to horrible this year

they have a potent offense and a play-making defense

the rams vs seahawks...what a waste of a playoff game...this game is almost to worthless to call...but ill go with rams

vikings vs packers...this could be my upset of the playoffs...something just tells me that culpepper and moss will have a break-out game...but if moss doesnt score two touchdowns or have at least 150 yards recieving the packers will win...ill got with vikings

jets vs chargers...easy san deigo win, jets dont have anything they can put up against the chargers

broncos vs colts...again another easy win...manning will have a 4+ touchdown game

THEN

pats vs colts...this will be very close, new englands special teams will keep them close and the colts just dont have a defense to stop corey dillion...they will stuff dillion down the colts throats and manning will be kept off the field...pats win

steelers vs chargers..this is a tough one, i like the chargers but steelers defense is way to over-powering, steelers will win and ben will have an amazing game and show why he deserves to be at least considered when the MVP is voted on (although manning will get it easily)

Rams vs falcons...falcons will win and vick will have an amazing game, he will show he is worth the money he just got and the falcons defense will pressure bulger to slow down the rams offense

vikings vs eagles...well i wish vikings would win but i dont think they can, eagles will win but another top player will get hurt..prolly on defense

THEN

Pats vs steelers...best game of the playoffs, a game with alot of defense and alot of running the ball...if the pats dont have any big players get hurt i see them winning becuase of their kicking game...pats secondary will come through with an amazing game...the only way i foresee the steelers winning is if Big ben really steps up and then its a toss up...but ill say pats

eagles vs falcons...falcons win just cuz i hate the eagles..vick does so-so but without owens atlanta's defense will take over...warrick dunn with be the difference and have a good game

SUPER BOWL

pats vs falcons...pats will be heavily favored but the falcons will hold their own...vick will have a hard time with new englands defensive line but will come away with a few amazing funs...pats win though with a field goal as time expires...23-20

:lol: just my 2 cents

I love how everyone says that the Jets will easily lose, but we beat San Diego earlier. and dont make up an excuse that "jets were on a hot streak and SD a cold streak" because a wins a win, and anything can happen. We shut Ladimien(sp?) to 54 yards! if we play like the first meeting we'll win

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
I love how everyone says that the Jets will easily lose, but we beat San Diego earlier. and dont make up an excuse that "jets were on a hot streak and SD a cold streak" because a wins a win, and anything can happen. We shut Ladimien(sp?) to 54 yards! if we play like the first meeting we'll win

That as week 3.. this San Diego team has gotten stronger every game. The same can't be said for the Jets.

The Chargers are that good, and are my pick to come out of the AFC.

(edited)

My Picks

Wild Card:

St. Louis at Seattle - 21-17 - Seattle

N.Y. Jets at San Diego - 21-3 - SD

Denver at Indianapolis - 35-14 - Indy

Minnesota at Green Bay - 21-14 - Minnesota

Divisional Playoffs

SD at Pittsburgh - 35-3 - Pittsburgh

SEA at Atlanta - 35-6 - Atlanta

MIN at Philadelphia - 35-21 - Philly

IND at New England - 35-21 - NE

Conference Championships

NE at Pittsburgh - 14-3 - NE Wink

Atlanta at Philly - 27-21 - Atlanta

Super Bowl XXXIX

Atlanta vs NE - 28-25 - NE

:peace:

Edited by rackish

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

To finish off, after all the division champs win, it will go something along the lines of:

Pats > Indi

Green Bay > Atlanta

Philly > St. Louis

San Diego > Pittsburgh

San Diego > New England

Philly > Green Bay

San Diego > Philly

Ya' heard ;).