Prayers needed

gOOters

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing damage control. Looks like we wont have to sell the house. DOnt know why I am telling you all this stuff, but it helps me some. Plus, I have "known" alot of you for years.

Thank you for the support.

Sometimes I pray strange things. When all this was going on I prayed that if it would bring my little brother back to God, that losing my job would be okay...well, he found God again. A trade-off I would take a million times over.

Maybe Im loopy. I feel tired. Bye for now.

Yea Goot I feel you, its an open forum here but you have strength telling us this.

You have been around for as long as I can remember(3-4+ years for how long I've been around). You have many friends in this community. Never forget that.

I feel for you Goot. Believe me, I know all about vindictive people at work.

I'm glad you have your wife there to keep you on your feet and to emotionally support you as you bounce back from this. It's hard to not let it get to you but you have to know better things come from this. Just believe in yourself and keep that confidence riding through your interviews and you'll be back working again shortly.

FYI - Large companies cannot tell the reason why you were terminated due to lawsuits over slander, etc. They can only verify your employment meaning that they can say you worked there from this date to this date so you don't have to come straight out in an interview and say you were fired.

That is awesome about your brother!

For me it is all about having a plan. Every winter my work slows down drastically so my income is measely. But if I can show myself that I can make it for the next three months with half the salary then it helps me not worry so much. But when I don't have a plan I am constantly worrying about how I am going to make it.

It takes making some major cuts but the peace of mind is worth it.

YOu are right Rev. My wife is the same way and so am I. We sat down, and with our savings and extras that we have, even if I am just waiting tables or something, we should be able to make it about 9 months before it starts getting hairy. And even then, we have other options lke selling stuff or tapping the 401K.

BUT...some GOOD NEWS on the horizon already?!?!

A buddy from work called me and he thinks I got a pretty raw deal. So he is patching my resume through to a friend in another big defense company here in town. And this other company just got a BIG contract for their industry! Could be another chance to get on our feet pretty quickly.

So, pray for me there as well, please!

GC Alumni

Good luck, hope you get the new job and it's better than the last one, that'll show em!

Most of the time that just depends on company policy as far as I know, and if your uncle does'nt have the same last name, maybe no one will even pick up on it.

Edited by clueless

It does depend on the company but usually its ok. My Dad and 2 uncles all work for the same Telecomm company. At one point my Dad even worked for my Uncle almost directly but now they're all in different divisions. I don't think that should present too big a hurdle for you g00t. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your job loss Goot. But good to hear you are hot on the job of another job. Maybe one that pays a little better, or has a better benefits package.

Ever since I was 16, I discovered how crappy work places can be. I was fired from TGI Fridays, where I was a busser, for being sick. Funny thing was, I got a job working for better management, making more, and with better hours.

For current situations, I have someone at my current job who is bad mouthing me by saying I am lazy, which couldn't be further from the truth. This is a person who switched into a position they were not qualified for (and has shown that everyday since they got it) by threating to sue for discrimmination. Instead of checking her claim out, they just believe her. Needless to say I am trying to get away from that.

You've got a good degree, that carries a lot of potention man. I know you will come out better in the end of this. Goot luck to you! :freak:

when i worked in programming at polaroid digital solutions a few years ago i had my computer taken away from me one time. apparently the former tech had been let go and had been trying to break back in. he didnt succeed to my knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a second interview at a company where I would be doing totally different work. But it sounds like it woudl be REALLY fun and a great opportunity for me.

I would in effect end up getting a raise from my old job. Also, the new job title is "Operations Manager Trainee". They pay me just to LEARN for a couple of years and then give me my own store! It isnt retail or anything...thank goodness.

Also, its privately owned and fairly small, but still very viable ($180MM last year and growing).

I meet the owner tomorrow! Im really excited. So...thank you very much for the prayers, etc.

BTW, I found out what got me canned from my old job, it was an email that I FORWARDED on TWO years ago!!! And this MEAN MEAN girl ratted me out to "corporate ethics". She wasnt even on the distro! There were only two other guys that I sent it too!!

So...be careful if you work for a mega-corporation!

Ugh, that sucks man. I NEVER forward anything to anyone. People send me those things, I trash them right away, usually sending an e-mail back saying "Please do not send me any more e-mails of this nature."