Prayers needed

gOOters

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. lockheed has the same genious who give our computer lectures... all get money from the federal government.. I remeber the last breifing i had included the following statements:

"The spyware you all download is bad for the computer, so they pay me 250 bucks per computer to come in and destroy it."

*raise hand*

"Can't you get a free spyware remover off the internet for FREE"

"yes, but its not licesnsed by the networking company"

.. pwned

GL with interview goot

more reviews, etc. i will have the final determination w/in the next two weeks.

no more posting from work...too scared. just wanted to update you all.

the VOLUME of my surfing on my last job (I would go for 2-3 months w/ nothing else to do despite asking for more work) was ALOT.

so. doesnt look good. right now Im thinking i could get a temp layoff or maybe canned, I dunno.

life sux. thanks very much for the prayers and support through my stupidity guys.

goot,

In my heart, I still think you're ok.

From a HR perspective, I can't imagine letting someone go without any warnings to attempt to correct the offensive action, unless the offense was severe.

Your employer is certainly in the right to have stricter guidelines due to the nature of it's business, but there are still core principles to follow in order to avoid a potential lawsuit.

Unless you're a victim of downsizing, I don't see why they would let a valuable employee go for trivial violations.

Keep your chin up!! Not that it means much, but try not to worry about the "what ifs"

It is also possible that someone tried to divert some sort of hacking attack or other malicious act to your computer. Last year a friend of mine at college said one of her ME, Mechanical Engineer, buddies had his laptop confinscated by the FBI. NO JOKE. They came to our computer department for the college which gives us each a laptop to use while at school, and said they wanted so and so's computer. He was given a replacement and told "They would be in touch."

If you didn't do anything wrong, then best thing to do is sit and wait. Companies are always protective of what they work on and develop, so I would suspect they are invesigating something that led to your comp. I would imagine that they are being very throrough and feel they will tell you what They deem you need to know, which often is much less than what we want to know and tends to make us think we're under the microscope.

My boss said that we wont hear anything until late this week or the first half of next week. He is fighting for me. My old boss has asked if he can do anything also.

I feel like a wuss saying this, especially to Duke, but this is really taking a toll. A MONTH it will be before I know if I've lost my job that I love along with my house, car, etc. Oh well, I will keep you guys updated.

The worst part is, that I have to stay late and study for a couple of hours every day, and Im afraid for my grades now...so distracted.

Thanks for the support fellas.

My boss said that we wont hear anything until late this week or the first half of next week.  He is fighting for me.  My old boss has asked if he can do anything also.

I feel like a wuss saying this, especially to Duke, but this is really taking a toll.  A MONTH it will be before I know if I've lost my job that I love along with my house, car, etc.  Oh well, I will keep you guys updated.

The worst part is, that I have to stay late and study for a couple of hours every day, and Im afraid for my grades now...so distracted. 

Thanks for the support fellas.

I'll take the very rare compliment from you but don't go throwin' me in the superman category... I bawl my eyes out every other day. If it's taking a toll, that's a measure of a good man. That means you're human and you're concerned about your pride and integrity. If it didn't bother you I'd question those attributes (and you're in the wrong job).

Stress will eat you alive and spit you out. Don't give it the satisfaction. Be in control as best you can. I'm prayin for ya.

BTW chat your boss up over lunch--he/she has to know somethin.

The review board is meeting right now. I find out next week. I have done every thing that I possibly can, pulled in any and all favors. I dont get a very warm fuzzy about it though, still.

Im job shopping this weekend.

Any suggestoins for a way to earn money in the short term?? Security guard? Some kind of construction work? Transit bus driver? I have no clue of where to start...

Yes, their policy is strict. Very. But, EVERYONE surfs there. Well about 70% of people surf, and alot too. You would have to be looking at bad stuff to set off a red flag. Or else get back stabbed...like I did.

I surfed a 350z forum that had a "Z babes" thread. It started out pretty harmless, but that didnt last long.

I kept surfing it for another few days, and decided that it was definately no longer WS. So I stopped. Problem is, months and months later, I got ratted out and if I scroll down on a page with 15 pics on it...HR prints EVERY pic and puts it in a nice little envelope for the review board.

I personally know about 10 guys who have and do look at worse up there, but Im the unlucky one who is getting looked at.

Wish I could take it back.

I find out no later than Wed, very possibly tomorrow though.