Prayers needed

gOOters

Im really freaked out and scared now. Im pretty much resigned that I will be working at Home Depot by Thursday (HOPEFULLY) to help pay the bills.

Whilst looking for a career.

Whilst finishing my first term of grad school.

Im ready for the whole thing to end though. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow and Tuesday especially, TIA.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, their policy is strict. Very.  But, EVERYONE surfs there. Well about 70% of people surf, and alot too. You would have to be looking at bad stuff to set off a red flag.  Or else get back stabbed...like I did.

I surfed a 350z forum that had a "Z babes" thread.  It started out pretty harmless, but that didnt last long. 

I kept surfing it for another few days, and decided that it was definately no longer WS. So I stopped.  Problem is, months and months later, I got ratted out and if I scroll down on a page with 15 pics on it...HR prints EVERY pic and puts it in a nice little envelope for the review board.

I personally know about 10 guys who have and do look at worse up there, but Im the unlucky one who is getting looked at.

Wish I could take it back.

I find out no later than Wed, very possibly tomorrow though.

Standard HR protocol is that you must maintain fairness and consistency. If 10 others do it, tell them that you expect those 10 to go through the same thing you're going through.

Ohio is "fire at will". No reasons are needed to terminate...and you still have to be fair and consistent.

I hope it works out for the best.

I'm praying for you.

Good point Duke! I have thought about it. Honestly, if they investigated everyone at this company the way they looked at me...I'll bet they would be taking action against 40% of the employees.

But I dont know if that is exactly a defense w/o giving names, etc. and I would never do that.

We shall see very soon.

Im thinking of being a night watchman or something and looking for jobs during the day...but then I wouldnt get to see my wifey :(

Oh, and she lost her cat yesterday. Makes me feel awful. Sigh, I suppose it can only get better???

Im borrowing strength from you Duke...keep breakin the waves for all the rest of us little folk ;) Still prayin for your terrific family.

Standard HR protocol is that you must maintain fairness and consistency.  If 10 others do it, tell them that you expect those 10 to go through the same thing you're going through.

Ohio is "fire at will".  No reasons are needed to terminate...and you still have to be fair and consistent. 

I hope it works out for the best.

I'm praying for you.

Exactly what I was getting at. I would look at your employment contract. you might find they are breaching a term (good faith). Go speak with a lawyer.

no word today *#&$#!&^$'

I have an interview with a headhunter tomorrow, which means I will miss half a day of work...a big deal for me, I never take off work.

So, I will just tell my boss what Im doing and ask him to call me the sec he finds anything out I guess?!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Well...I guess tomorrow I am either fired or suspended or nothing.  DOnt forget about me!

Let us know bro. I've been there. Surfing can get you in trouble. They seriously would have to warn you before letting you go. To not do otherwise would be unprofessional on their end.

I'm thinking about you, brother!!

Take comfort in God and your family. Everything else takes a distant third...Trust me.

No matter how this shakes out, your integrity will not suffer. Maybe your ego, but not your integrity.

Stay strong.

meeting in about 1 hour. boss thinks I might be fired. Im so scared, Im shaking and trying not to cry or implode up here at work.

Bye bye the career I love, my house, my marriage will be so strained. Please pray for me. Thanks for the thoughts Duke. Will update asap.

Im fired.

Jobless with a brand new house and 2 months into grad school.

Life sucks. I feel like I got to taste the good life for about 3-4 months...I loved this house, couldnt believe we had something so nice.

I feel the worst when I think about my wife. Pray for us.

I'm sorry to hear that goot... You'll be in my prayers.

Best of luck finding a new (maybe even better?) job.

Stay the course and do your best and you'll be back on your feet in no time. In the mean time, we'll all pray for you, and also pray for yourself. It can help give a man courage and strength at the worst of times.

Good luck and God Bless.

-Nyx

That is too bad man. Try to look at the bright side. Perhaps this is a turning point for your life where you are forced to work harder to achieve more then you orginally intended. Work hard, find a better place, and you might start to see this as a good thing. Best of luck to you!

Goot, I am sorry.

At this point, I know there is nothing I can say that would make you feel better.

I am praying for strengh and clarity for you and your family.

Hang in there and try not to let emotions dictate decisions. Call me if you feel like talking. 330-323-0452.

Your brother in Christ,

Brian

nothing can change what has happened, I just know having been down this road b4 (moment of silence for Tango) it took a month, a long hard, stressfull month, but in the end I found a better position then I originally had which took me down an advanced path in my career. hard to see the light now, but it is there.