Caliber of play??

Qwerty

Just a quick note or small whine!!! I noticed that the caliber of play in Recrudence today was aweful I even noticed that some of the regulars were only lasting a few rounds before leaving! It was more like follow the leader or monkey in the middle than a tactical assault that most regulars play!! Team killing with no appologies and language to boot! Just thought that you might want to know, and please if you have comments please give them I'm open for constructive criticism!!

Thanks

qwerty

Ive been thinking about posting something similar. Ive noticed a fewer number of GCs on the server, and an even smaller number of those that can kick/ban. This has led to some AWFUL playing times. I think that when there is no authority around, its even worse than your standard pub server. I dunno...maybe the language filter provokes them or something. But its been pretty bad on occasion lately.

Still love the servers of course, and it doesnt happen when someone is around., but I actually had to LEAVE the GC servers and go play some pubs so I would stop being called a F*G and Tkd by a couple kids round after round. Then the team wounding, and the Mic spam!....Wow its gotten bad!

This isnt really a whine post, but if this is happening when you guys Arent there, how else would you know about it if we dont post it?

So, theres my 2 cents. Spend it as you will :)

When I'm not on the road for business. I'm usually at home during the day and handle this stuff. As it is, I'm in the middle of a 2 week trip. So, I haven't been able to play much lately.

Currently scheduled to get home this Friday. I'm pushin' to get things done and home either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

some constructive criticism for the board members to consider. maybe paying an extra 50 bucks isn't necessary to get admin status. I know we do have a number of admins with full privlage but maybe the board should have a certain percentage of members to be administrators with maybe a $25 dollar increase in addition to the $50. I know this may not be fair (at least for the first year) but it may be mandatory. I have noticed the atmosphere of the server taking a dive when admins are not present. They have done a very good job so far but additional help may be needed. Maybe certain reliable .gc members may be voted for the 25$ upgrade to full admin status (or at least discression of the current admins). I believe the mainstream players is between 16-22 which is highschool/college and we do not have much money to throw around, this is the reason I have regrettably not joined .gc yet. as always keep up the good work.

True true to all replies!! Once again today between 4 and 6pm play was horrible one sided again! Members such as LostOften in and out because of the caliber of play! Maybe it's just me and I'm so used to playin with the regulars ie: Magruter, campkillyourself, Shodan, Lunk and pagan. I for one am going to join gc, I just have to get the thumbs up from my better half. I'm a little older and working, maybe a good idea would be a gamerscoalition private server for members only and the intensity of that game would probably be great. If someone feels I'm wrong please tell me, becasue from reading some of the posts in game I think others are feeling the same. I'm sure that I'm like most players I care about my stats and how I'm doing but continuously getting 5 kills and 15 deaths in a round because of poor play bothers some people.

I'm a little older and working, maybe a good idea would be a gamerscoalition private server for members only and the intensity of that game would probably be great. If someone feels I'm wrong please tell me, becasue from reading some of the posts in game I think others are feeling the same.

i think the only issue with that is there usually aren't enough members playing at the same time. maybe if gc had 10 members playing at any one time it might be a good idea. i'd join gc if it was that big and i saw the private server with ppl in it most of the time.

I'm sure that I'm like most players I care about my stats and how I'm doing but continuously getting 5 kills and 15 deaths in a round because of poor play bothers some people.

i have a little rant on this as well but it's more to do with the whole stats system. on two separate maps yesterday i went at least 23-11 and was on the losing team that won maybe 1 round and had no one besides me over a .500 ratio. the teams were quite heavily unbalanced skill wise but no one was bothering to switch and i think the teams were even manpower wise anyway most of the time.

i like seeing my stats go up as much as anyone but if i'm constantly on the losing team or if i switch to join the losing team (which i do very frequently) then my stats will suffer. i like to think i'm a good team player (covering ppls backs, switching the help the losing team, calling out rushes, saying gj and nt to ppl even on the other team) and i'd love to see the stats show some of that. obviously it's not really possible.

i know the reason you have the stats "heavily balanced towards the winning team" is to promote teamwork but if the server is a bunch of noobs anyway then there's no point in it. any regular probably already exhibits good teamwork and would be chastised by his fellow regulars were he not. noobs won't even know or care what stats are or where to find them. when i was a noobs i played on dust only servers where my ping was crap. took me at least a couple months to realize ping was important.

sorry for the thread jack but this has to do with calibre of play as well and sort of adds to your comment qwerty. it's just a different kind of suffering due to poor play.

on other servers when someone its TK'd, the TKer's money is given to the guy thats been TK'd. Is it possible to introduce this here?

-it would make players watch their fire more

-it decourages intentional TKs

-Hey, it might also be worth being Tked if the guy has 16k to give you

Theres a mod out called 'MugMod'. After knifing a guy, not only do you make him want to cry, this mod will allow you to take 30% of his cash. This might spice the knifin's up in this server!

Just a couple of suggestions that might make a difference

Also, when typing in the command: 'timeleft' using chat, i'v noticed that sometimes the time remaining is displayed and at other times its not.

Also, sometimes when typing in: 'nextmap' this sometimes displays the next map and the time remaining, or at others just the next map.

Anyone know whats going on here? I personally prefer just typing nextmap to recieve the next map and the remaining time as it saves typing both commands.

Also, the server blowout works when it feels like it. The timelimit isn't always set to 1 when the blowout limit is reached and the map remains the same. Can this be fixed?

Hope this has helped, peace

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep the constructive comments comming...

Lets see if I can knock out a few of your questions for you.

Dealing with the crud on the servers when we are not: by all means type "status" in the con, write down their STEAM_ID's and we will be sure than they wont be bothering anyone in our servers again. Remind them that type of behavior is not wanted here and if they keep it up, we'll take care of it. Your help when we are not there will eventually weed out the unwanted types.

About the ff or timeleft or nextmap: These are all commands for our current Admin Mod, and it seems like it's still not working perfectly, MrX would probably be the individual to talk to about this.

About the punsishments for TKing, knifing, etc...again, just jot down their ID and we'll take care of it...

First off....how come I wasn't in the regulars list Qwerty? Do I suck that bad? :unsure2:

Just messin' with ya'...but anyway, I think the idea of a private server isn't a good one, simply because regulars like myself that wish they could remember what $50 looks like would be left out in the cold with these poor playing conditions. Once I graduate and get some cash, you will definately see a .gc at the end of my name. Have no fear there.

In addition, I have only been a member of one other really successful community besides this one. They were big during the realease through 1.3 back when TacOps were the bad boys in town. In fact, I was a member of Envy| which was a group of TacOps guys splintering off. In any case, they handled things much the same way that .gc does, but the difference was simple..

They Gave LIMITED admin powers to people that they trusted without forcing them to pay dues. There were only a few of these types, and they were people that had been playing there since the beginning. They didn't get reserve slots, just the power to change maps and kick people (no banning).

By doing this, the guys were able to have somone with at least SOME authority on the server at all times. They just hit the trusted people up based on the times that they regularly play. These types of limited admins are easy to manage, and have little real power. Also, abuse is almost always immediately noticed and nearly as quickly quashed.

You guys might wanna think 'bout it. If you picked out a few trusted guys it might work out. Or maybe a lesser entrance fee? I dunno. Just a thought! :thumbsup:

Great ideas guys and you too Maverick,, Yes I should have mentioned you as well!! I also like your idea of possible "regulars" given minimal server responsibilities since I know that .gc members can't be playing all the time and if there isn't anyone from .gc around then you just have to bare with whatever is going on in the server!! Anyways yes I think it's something that should be considered by the Admin Board at gamerscoalition!

REGARDING JUST THE ADMIN RIGHTS AND .GC POWERS

& THE LACK THEREOF FOR REGULARS

And the battle for power is on!

lol... that's kinda how I took it.

Things are fine with Admins there... just peachy!

When they arent there... if something is wrong... just

type STATUS in console, get their STEAM_ID .. and make sure u have a valid reason to want to ban them.

witnesses help too.. so ur credible.

It's not that hard... I do it all the time now.

Just threatening ppl that u can have them banned... usually has them stop.

No need to be trying to gain "power" you have plenty of that when ur a regular and u know the admins.

just dont abuse it... then ur complaints are less believable.

Thank You!

I was on a server that had a mod that you got to choose death to tker or bury, or take 2500 next round or something else but that was pretty cool.

About people needing people banned. I am anytime in the morning before 3pm and anytime after 12am, i have a weird schedule that covers for the time regular admins cant AIM me at MMalaney10 and give me your name and i will jump on hslw and clean it up.

If you want admin rights you should realize it takes money to keep the servers going, thats where .gc members come into play with the dues.

*No dues means no servers*

Just save your pennies and join .gc

(edited)
Wow.  With that good of a post right there, you really need a new avatar.

Thank you.

But Im still learning photoshop and wat not for a custom one...

But I'm sure I'll get one finished soon.

::EDIT::

Everytime I remove my avatar.. and upload another one, and click update avatar... it brings back this Pee Wee Herman one, .... what am I doing wrong?

::EDIT:: Nevermind :D

Edited by ZesteR

Perhaps the simple .gc membership for reserve slot should give people the power to kick? For example, when acid flux is playing he always has to run back and fourth from cs to these forums to ask for a ban. People like aicd, who are trusted, and have the basic membership package, could help with the simple administration duties of the server whilst the proper admins arnt there. It wont give them the full admin package, just the ability to kick, and if these people enjoy their new powers, it may be an incentive for them to get a move on and buy full membership :D

Just a suggestion

Peace out, a town, da da da daaa, da da da da daa, in the club with my homies...

First off, I'm not making a grab at power, just concerned with the server I like so much.

Secondly, I like the idea of TKing options, but some poeple abuse those too.

Third, threatening to ban people, in my experience, doesn't do a bloody thing except make them act more idiotic....

just some thoughts

Oh, and Fatty, I wanna let you and everyone know, I'm not ripping on the servers, I love my GC!