Good web stores

I normally use newegg for all my comp buys. Sometimes the prices are a bit higher, but you can't beat the service in my experiences. However, I'm in the market for a certain video capture card that I can NEVER find in stock on newegg. I'm curious what other web stores you guys have had good service with in hopes that I can find one in stock there. I've done the price grabber stuff and the price ranges from $120 to $280. That's a huge range making me think that there might be something wrong with some of them. Thanks for your help.

Oh, in case you are intrested I'm looking for a Win PVR-250, made my Haupaugge(not really sure how they spell it off hand.).

I normally use newegg for all my comp buys.  Sometimes the prices are a bit higher, but you can't beat the service in my experiences.  However, I'm in the market for a certain video capture card that I can NEVER find in stock on newegg.  I'm curious what other web stores you guys have had good service with in hopes that I can find one in stock there.  I've done the price grabber stuff and the price ranges from $120 to $280.  That's a huge range making me think that there might be something wrong with some of them.  Thanks for your help.

Oh, in case you are intrested I'm looking for a Win PVR-250, made my Haupaugge(not really sure how they spell it off hand.).

The only one I use is zipzoomfly. Formally known as googlegear. I've only ordered there a couple of times. A friend of mine uses them all of the time and has had no problems. The price's are normally in line.

Yep I was going to recommend Zipzoomfly also. I would suggest Outpost.com. They surprise you every now and again with hard to find components they carry. Price is on the high side usually tho.

Also, in case you haven't already, you may want to use Newegg's autonotify. About a month ago I was trying to get a RJTech DVD player that was constantly selling out but then I signed up for the autonotify. They sent me an email a week later and I ordered right away and then checked back the next day to find them out of stock again. Handy feature.

Also, in case you haven't already, you may want to use Newegg's autonotify.  About a month ago I was trying to get a RJTech DVD player that was constantly selling out but then I signed up for the autonotify.  They sent me an email a week later and I ordered right away and then checked back the next day to find them out of stock again.  Handy feature.

Yeah, I'm aware of that feature and if I can't find it elsewhere I will most likely go that route. I'm just one of those people that don't care much for delayed gratification and I want it now.... :blush:

Tried out post....they carry the 150 but not the 250.... :mad:

From my first post, looking for reputable stores, not just any store out there.

I've been buying from them for years, never had a bad expirence. So considering pricewatch themselves back these stores I feel that they are a reputable source of stores. If I was giving you a list of any stores I would've linked you to http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stores

:)

I've been buying from them for years, never had a bad expirence. So considering pricewatch themselves back these stores I feel that they are a reputable source of stores. If I was giving you a list of any stores I would've linked you to http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stores

:)

Sorry, I guess my ignorance....I assumed that pricewatch just found ANY store with the item and gave you the info, thus rendering all of their results not necessarily reliable. I apologize if I came off rude.

TigerDirect will not load for me. The one Preacher linked to is not the model I was looking for. I appreciate your input guys.

I actually think pricewatch does nothing but house a database. I believe the individual companies submit their stuff to pricewatch. BGB, you were definitely right in your first assumption that you can get lemons from pricewatch. Any company on there you are unsure of, check out on resellerratings.com like Rev said.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

You can pick up Saphire's release of the ATI Elite card for like 85 bucks. The issue is that ATI's MMC doesn't currently work with it and the included software sucks bigtime. Image Quality is amazing though and BeyondTV from snapstream works wonders on it. I picked up ATI's version for a good price being a beta tester and all.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/theatrix.asp

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Is this HDTV? I have an old ati tv wonder that is ancient but works just fine. What makes this card so much better than the cheap old ones?

Keep waiting for a plausible HDTV card but don't know why. I would never pay the cable extra for it. Thought about ATI's version but I would only be able to pick up two over the air stations and even that might be iffy.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

This is not HDTV. What is special about it is ATI's new 550 vid processor on the card. It does full MPEG2 encoding on the card so it works on Microsoft Media Center 2005 OS. It also has the 12-bit filtering on it where most others are only 9 or some other variation.

The only downside is the crappy software that comes with it. You would really want to spend some extra money on BeyondTV if you plan on using it for a PVR system. If you plan on using it just as a Capture card if you are a videophile like myself, then grab it because it works great with that also. ATI may or may not update MMC to work with it.

Windows Media Encoder still works with it fine and it also encodes audio through the capture card to prevent audio from falling out of sync.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

bandit,

as a musician I use these guys all the time and they are totally good.

the've taken one return no questions asked and they're very freindly.

I recommend them highly.

id sell it to you thru my co. but I don't even know if I can become a dist. so I'd order thru j&r. I usually buy music studio software from these guys and I always get it. I see it's out of stock but they won't jerk you around so. I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere :(

Auggy

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3671121

Edited by auggybendoggy