Very well made movie

BIGSHaW

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, is that game all machine guns? If so, I want it. The games with missles, etc...kililing people before you can see em..no fun.

What is the name of that game?

Yes, I want to get that game and start some sort of flying squadron....perhaps a once / week scheduled game together or something.

Is it peer to peer or is there a dedicated server involved?

Can I d/l the game? Is there a demo?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...289422?v=glance

That the game?

I'm seriously contemplating this.

That's the game. I'd totally be in to playing it with a group. I can't exactly land the planes, but I have fun flying them.... :blush:

Seriously, if you all want to play, lemme know. I'd like to learn it with friends. And I guess I'll need to do a stand alone install of PF, huh? I did the IL2+AEP+PF install, which I seem to remember is not compatible with the normal installs.

Dagnabit! Now where did I put that PF profile for my Saitek controller?

:D Woot. Sure hope you guys really want to give this a shot. :D

Yup thats the game fatty, btw this game is very popular on-line and Yes I think there is an option for a dedicated server....If u want I can investigate more into this.

Mongo, I have IL-2 FB+ AEP+ PF Merged install and it works perfectly, oh and plus I have Battle Over Europe :P

OK, so.....

To connect to the server they are using ubisoft program, as the game doesn't have built-in browser like CS, however thats not what flyers are using out there, the program used is called Hypper Lobby and it was made specificaly for the flight sims. Technically it lets the user chose out of most flight sims out there and then gives him/her a list of servers for that sim. Also it keeps track of scores (kills, flight time, etc.)

Now the meaty details:

The limit is 128 players. The dedicated server can be run through HL. (hypper lobby)

Recommended system basically depends on your bandwith. It takes about 20Kbs upstream per player. Therefore, with a 1meg dedicated upstream connection you can host about 50 players. For that amount of players you need maybe 1.5GHz cpu and 512Mb memory.

Well, before I go out and buy this, I wanna know what's out there as well as in here.

Looks like we have a few people who like to play.

Are there enough public servers out there where I could climb on one with say a few of these guys and not be bothered by some l337 flyer taking me down while I find my throttle?

Does this have any voice options, or do you use teamspeak along the side?

(edited)

There are plenty of servers, some COOP some DM and such....generally voltureeing (shooting some1 on the runway us not allowed and considered cheap) once u in the air (provided that u can take off :P) u are a fair game :)

Game comes with built-in voice, but most ppl use team speak

PS: Game comes with great training, plus it is very scalable, so it should be easy to get ur way in

Edited by BIGSHaW