If Temerarious were to close????

Fatty

If Temer goes away, what would you desire?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

first- i dont want temerarious to close.

second - i think that we can increase the size of mayhem if you do. the play is different thatn recrud, you can increase the # of players without degrading play, such as you die too quickly.

third - if you increase recrudence, i think it will lose the fun. recrudence is the most competitive server. with too many people, theres a problem for too many awps/auto snipers. it makes the game not fun and will stack the teams even more for maps. with 24 players it makes it tolerable for the amount of high powered guns. its impossible to display any sort of skill with a rifle if there are too many people... you'll just get gunned down with an autosniper or awp.

PS: nice sig fatty, 3200 bans served =P

Edited by ich bin ein berliner

ok, from a $ standpoint it makes sense to close rec. From a player standpoint..ARG! Ive seen all 3 full, and a large amount of the time all 3 are very busy. From a reg/nonmember point of view this is fantastic. With the amount of regs we're picking up, closing one would prolly pack the two with frustrated regs finding somewhere else to play or getting kicked for reserve. Of course, thats also where it makes sense for the $. "Hopefully"..... this would encourage more to pay for membership. The flip side, it encourages good/fun people to go somewhere else.

At the least, I recommend increasing both. Best of both worlds. From that point at a LATER date can come the decision to enlarge/diminish/add another server. But, cover the bases first.

Thats all from the peanut gallery.

:)

GC Alumni
(edited)

big big fan of temerarious. i can deal with occassional choke....although it is a bummer when admins are gone for the night, the server is still running full, and hacks/tk's/cussing/offensive nicks start showing up. personally, i've been defaulting to temerarious, then going to the others if teams aren't up to par.

if it's a matter of finance, then yeh, drop back to mayhem/recrud. if you can't afford #3, how about the 28 player suggestion....on both? it'll be interesting too see if there is room on 2 servers with the current config if tem does close down. that'd be a good way to inspire more reserve purchases, but with an avg ping = 100, well, we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.

or, how about considering more admins? maybe those that stay up late...*cough* or live on the west coast *cough*

Edited by stuttering.john

I for one think that GC should keep all 3 servers. Like Laz.e.rus said, all of them are usually full, and to go back down to 2 would make it harder to play with you guys. I do notice that the original two servers are clean for the most part though, and that Temerarious is usually plagued with cussers, hackers, or what have you every so often.

The three servers do spread out the admins; maybe some tighter restrictions on the rules in Temerarious such as two strikes you’re out (Cussing once is a warning, second time booted and gone) may work? It’d help weed out the e-thugs, but then again GC would still needs admins in there to enforce. But babysitting over 31 other people is tough work. The sad thing is, none of you guys should have to worry about watching over people. It kind of makes me wonder about youth today, (even though I’m 16). You’d think those people could hold their composure for a game. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of fun on Temerarious, it’s just annoying to hear f this and see all these *’s on the chat and tkers/hackers coming on when there's no admins around.

I'd love to help you guys out, but I don't plan on paying for GC until sometime this summer after I get my job, because my wallet is pretty much empty.

But as for my standpoint. I say keep everything the way it is if it isn't a money issue.

From the email, I understand that this is a move needed to "police" the servers better. I understand the point, but I ask one question: Is this more of an internal problem?

All three servers do well. If you just give admin power to more of your GC members, or even assign a couple of ppl to the server that they play the most on, it might help the policing need. Of course, I am an outsider only guessing that this it the ultimate reason for the downsize (based on the facts as I know them).

If it is cash flow problem, than do as you must. It is understandable that a community with as many servers must allocate the funds where they are better spent. However, I wonder if anyone has kept track as to how many more members you bring in with the larger servers. It might be best to look into how many members come from each of the servers (if that is possible). Anyway, no need to discuss a topic that is speculative at best.

Either choice that you make, I am sure will be made with the community's best interest, with the GC's greatest ability. I will frag on both, or all three, so long as there is space.

GC Alumni
(edited)

The truth is that all 3 servers do not do well, they are not all full very often, most of the time, 2 of them are full and 1 is stuggling. As an admin, it takes my fun away at times when i'm in scopeless having a fun time and the call comes in, kinda like the batman spotlight, that we have to go help the other server, we rarely had to do that before.

If all 3 servers were full all of the time, and we had enough admins, his topic would not even be here, besides, Temer was only temporary anyways while we waited for DOD.

Edited by clueless

GC Founder

What clue said.

Anyways, of course if we take something free away from the public, you're not going to appreciate it. The topic was NOT: should we remove Temer?

The topic was NOT "We're thinking about removing Temer, can you give us ideas on how to keep her?"

The topic was NOT "What are your opinions on the numbers of servers we have."

I should have created a closed poll, because this is obviously gone down the wrong road. The number of servers that we have has NOTHING to do with public opinion because the public doesn't furnish them.

However, I did want some public opinion on the server sizes of the other two. Ultimately, GC decide what, where, when, and how big.

That said, can you actually debate on the question at hand please? I really dont want to close the topic now after some people got to weigh in, but can we talk about the question asked?

If you want to talk about 3 servers doing well: at this very moment there are 1 person in Recrud, 10 people in Mayhem, 13 people in Temer. Yes, you the public are gonna feel the pinch, most definitely....sorry. However, we've extended you the ability to voice yourself about what remains. Your vote above will be considered and is appreciated.

GC Founder
From the email, I understand that this is a move needed to "police" the servers better. I understand the point, but I ask one question: Is this more of an internal problem?

Negative.

No budget problems.

No people problems.

We want several things:

-QUALITY servers, not just filled servers.

-Companionship with each other in GC, not passing hellos as we go to "work"

-Togetherness of the community, similar to above, but including everyone.

I'd say have it the way we had it, 24 24. It's fun having the option of the larger game sometimes, but with 80 player slots on all the servers combined everyone is just too spread out. It allows more hackers and indecent people to come in and stay in. With the 24 24, there will most always be .GC's there and admins.

(edited)

Like everyone else, I've seen an increase in hackers and cussing in all servers (especially Tem) and sometimes there isn't an admin on a server for an hour straight.

It was fine before Tem,and I still managed to find a spot on the servers, so I don't think that that is a Major problem (ha...ha.........ha *silence*).

Anyway thats just my opinion, back to bed!

Oh yeah, Rec 28, Mayhem the same size as it is now ( 28 if possible?)

Edited by MajorCOW

Ok... sorry to have answered as I wished. I suggest then that you increase the size of one, either one. However, I wouldn't increase the number too far (over 25 is too much). If I were to say that one, more than the other, should be increased, I would go with the server that allows scopes.

GC Founder

Great news for everyone who didn't want Temerarious to close!!!! Temerarious is not going to be shut down!

She's just going to be renamed! Now we just have to decide how big she will be.

Thanks for your votes!

GC Alumni
(edited)

I definately see your point about everyone being spread around. It seems that even now I don't see some of the guys I used to play with. But anyways, I voted for increasing Mayhem. I think that the server could be fun with more players on during peak times than the current max.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

(edited)
Also, consider this:

Many GC just plain miss playing with each other!, including me! :)

don't you check who's on a server before you join? i always join the one with more regs... unless it's full. but you're gc so you don't have to worry about it...

just a quick question. are we still gonna do map nights where we playtest different maps? oh and is there still an ability to load up fun maps on one of the servers?

Edited by [rAv]Cujo

don't you check who's on a server before you join? i always join the one with more regs... unless it's full. but you're gc so you don't have to worry about it...

Thats what i do too. If i didn't want to play with regs i would go play on some random pub.