Wanna see area 51? Just use Google!

Acid-Flux

It's funny. Go into google maps and it's there.

cant search for it exactly, but type in Rachel nevada

and in the top right corner of Google Maps, there is a link called "Satelite"

click it.

just search around and it's there.

Looks somthing like this

post-942-1113602377_thumb.jpg

bah. they've got an old picture of my house.

atleast 2-3 years old, the mall just to the north is no longer there and has been completely torn down and built into a different way. still there in the pic.

<3 google though.

hah it's pretty funny how fast things spread. I noticed this the other day and showed someone at school. THe next day everyone was using it hah! The pics are actually a couple of years old. What sucks is that it only works well for America, i can't zoom into my house to close. Oh and you can go over to the the eastern hemisphere and look at Europe but there aren't maps...only satelite pics.

hah it's pretty funny how fast things spread. I noticed this the other day and showed someone at school. THe next day everyone was using it hah! The pics are actually a couple of years old. What sucks is that it only works well for America, i can't zoom into my house to close. Oh and you can go over to the the eastern hemisphere and look at Europe but there aren't maps...only satelite pics.

I don't believe the pics are a couple years old....can't remember why, but the other day I noticed something that proved they were more recent. Dunno, they're copywritten 2005? I'll look around.

Anyone verify? Old? New?

(edited)

"Keyhole continuously updates its database with the average age of imagery ranging from 18 to 24 months. Imagery can vary in age from as new as 2-3 months to as old as 2-3 years. Keyhole is increasingly taking advantage of satellite imagery to update the Keyhole database more aggressively."

Google uses Keyholes images

http://www.keyhole.com/

If you go there and click "Will i be able to see my house" in the middle of the main page a window pops up and it tells when the pictures were taken.

Edited by VooDooPC

I don't believe the pics are a couple years old....can't remember why, but the other day I noticed something that proved they were more recent.  Dunno, they're copywritten 2005?  I'll look around. 

Anyone verify?  Old? New?

My neighborhood just looks like a golf course. Probably about 2 yrs old for my area.