When You Started

Guest Boy Sherman

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

I'm just wondering when we all started playing CS, and started our gaming careers..

Me: started playing cs when Beta 4.? came out (dont remember number)

and i started gaming with Tribes Demo!! (great game!)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Tried CS back at like... 1.1? Catalyst might know better on that... but I stopped playing before long - came back at 1.3 and have been here since 8P)

Started out with Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, great game! reallistic, truly team based, in short sweet. I was playing RS for about a year, then buddy of mine introduced me to CS (1.3 retail I think it was) and ever since I got addicted o0o

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

i started right when 1.3 came out.

I started when CS first was introduced when the hit boxes were crazy and newbs were the most dominant. I left shortly and missed 1.1 and 1.2(if there was a 1.2) and came back for 1.3 when I got the retail version. I have been around a long time...to bad my skillz dont reflect it ;)

Gunman

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Started with EverQuest (the spawn of Satan), then Starcraft for a bit, then Red Faction, then I saw Kenger playing CS in February, and got around to getting it myself last September.

<= N00b

Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guests
TaPe,Jan 1 2003, 05:34 PM]Tried CS back at like...  1.1? Catalyst might know better on that... but I stopped playing before long - came back at 1.3 and have been here since  8P)

Yeah, that was around 1.1 I believe.

I played CS in beta 5 for a couple months then quit because I liked TFC better. I played again in 1.1 for a couple weeks then quit because I lost interest. Then I started up again near the end of summer.

Started with EverQuest (the spawn of Satan), then Starcraft for a bit, then Red Faction, then I saw Kenger playing CS in February, and got around to getting it myself last September. 

<= N00b

lol, it is the spawn of satan... people killing themself over a game! o0o

Started CS about 1 3/4 years ago in 1.3.

My first video games were on the super nintendo.

First Computer game

Dark Castle

Specter Challenger

Missle Command

Wolfenstein 3D

First online gaming experience came up in Warcraft2 connecting over a direct dial up with bart. So fun hehe yelling to parents not to pick up the phone so the computer could get it and connect. :lol::lol:

DiabloI

StarCraft+Broodwar

DiabloII

CS

Started playing CS back in 1999 I believe when my brother (Lunk) introduced it to me. Before that was playing TFC. Took a break from CS from September 2001 to September 2002 to play Anarchy Online.

Started computer gaming way back with the Commodore 128D. A list of favorite games back then:

Beach Head I & II

Way of the Exploding Fist

Commando

Rock N Wrestle

One on One: Larry Bird v. Dr. J.

There are soo many, can't really name them all. Cool thing back then was that your Atari controller attached to the computer. Now most of the C64 era games are available free and can be played on PCs with emulators. Now where do I find the port to plug in the Atari controller :blink:

Guest kamiux
Guest kamiux
Guest kamiux
Guests

started the last summer 1.3 was out.....then 1.4 came, when i was just gettin used to the game. YAY!

first PC was a TRS-80 color computer - played games off of tape drive

then of course came Atari and Colecovision

First PC LAN game was Golden Falcon, then Doom, Doom2, Quake, Warcraft, Quake2, the Diablos, and finally Half-Life. Have pretty much played CS since it came out...

After CS it has been the only 1st person shooter I could get into.

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

lol fatty :P well you press alt control delete twice.. and then you wait for it to go to hl, and if it doesnt and it just restarts.. try again.. repeat until it works!

i started right when 1.3 came out.

ditto... but that was with 56k... I got DSL about 5 months ago... thats almost 3 years on dial-up... man that sucked... but I do remember the Midwest vs. Eastcoast match... we should do that again

Started playing Doom 2 on a multi-player BBS for 50 cents per hour dialup...we used to spend half the time trying to get the game launched and the other half playing. Then got on the net and played games like Realms & Alpha-World, got a client for IPX games over TCP and played Duke Nukem I believe.

Started CS a couple years ago at work. Not sure what beta version it was.

Latest game is Soldier of Fortune II that came free with my sound card. Love that game (single player only at this point) cause of the ultra-gore.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

started like Jan 10 2002. me and zweih went and bought HL and d/led cs on the same day.