Admin Abuse.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear GC admin, whom I'm fairly certain is weighted heavily in favour of the admin I am about to complain about, but nonetheless, my treatement on your server deserves even the ernestmost oppposition, despite how sisyphean it may be in nature.

I am writing to complain about my treatment today by fatty. I was a T on the map de_aztec, I was sniping the water, trying to back my team up, when CT broke through DD, and Bridge, and made me the only surviving team member. Now when they had broken through bridge, and DD I had picked a few (2) off from my spot below T spawn in the water, so I knew they knew where I was, plus I was taking m4 fire from under the bridge. I retreated back into my spawn, to perhaps pick off a few of my attackers, but also to take a second to see who was left alive, and where the bomb was. At this point kept in mine there was 1:30 left ont he scoreboard. To my horror I was the only one left and the bomb was way on the other side of the map, with 5+ CTS still running around. Speaking of who, some of which i knew would be flanking me from behind any minute from my own spawn. I waited a moment at the top of the ramp from water to T spawn, both to try and pick off peeps coming from DD area, and to hear anyone who might have been behind me in the water. As it became obvious that no one was coming from the front I proceeded to move to the spawn, and on into the DD area, and then the rest of the map. It is at this moment when I was slain by the admin who gave me no warning whatsoever.

I was then slain again when I spawned the next round. Again for no given reason.

Fatty then told me I was slain for making him wait. I then pointed out that as the admin, he has the power to make the rounds shorter, if he wishes. He then slayed me again. Telling me to "SHADDUP"

I would like to remind the gc admin, and all other GC player that over the course of this event I never swore or conducted myself in the manner to which I was being exposed. The GC admin however, did NOT give any warning, and in my opinion abused admin privliges when I was slain the 2nd and 3rd time, which I feel was totally unnesecary.

Whats interesing is that until the admins started slaying me for making them wait, the T's had gone 9-2 on the map, and were about to end the round. We then lost 5 rounds in a row, because the CTS had gotten money when Fatty ended the round by slaying me. It is in this nature that fatty used his admin privilages to give his team an unfair advantage by ending a round prematurely giving them money, when they might not have won, and completely effecting the outcome of the entire game.

I'm not saying change, im not saying what you did was wrong. I simply want to post what happened so that the people who patronize your server can see that the admins demand one level of maturity from their players, but adhere to an entirely lower one themselves.

Jasper

AKA mHtt

Ps. I was told by numerous players to make this post and that they would reply and back up my story. SO I please ask you to not delete, or lock this thread until light has been shed on this entire set of events and the responsible parties are held accountable.

thank you.

I proceeded to move to the spawn, and on into the DD area, and then the rest of the map.

You're a joke. You were CRAWLING on the ledge in T spawn. UP on the LEDGE, CROUCHED, CRAWLING with what, 3 or 4 cts sitting on the bomb waiting for you.

(edited)

Calling me a "Joke' Yet another instance of behaviour you conduct, but wont tolerate on your servers.

Can the fellow gc players not see the hypocracy?

Edited by mHtt

(edited)
Well, I was crawling on the ledge, because it stops me from making footstep noises.

I also would like to note that there have been numerous instances where players have fought back from being down 4,3-1, it makes for some of the best gameplay CS is known for.

PS. I am being told that I am flooding the board, when I haven't made a post in hours. And am not able to make new posts. Can you explain why this is happening? Ps. I WAS walking...(9:00pm EST)

Edited by mHtt

Calling me a "Joke' Yet another instance of behaviour you conduct, but wont tolerate on your servers.

Can the fellow gc players not see the hypocracy?

There is no hypocrisy here, and actually, being truthful is very important to GC.

You and your long-winded letter remind me of a funny joke. It also reminds me of things that are a waste of time, yet mysteriously entertaining. I'm being honest with you. I didn't call you a name, I just called you as I see you. You're a joke.

You are free to consider me a joke as well. Many do.

I also would like to note that there have been numerous instances where players have fought back from being down 4,3-1, it makes for some of the best gameplay CS is known for.

You were not fighting anything back. This is what I mean when I say joke. You want to make a big tadoo about all of this, yet you can't differentiate camping and hoping CTs will be dumb and come to find you or maybe you can get a few kills in with actually making an attempt at the objective once you know it's just you.

Further, your comments and suggestions and attempts to engage me in a sarcastic conversation afterward in the server got you nowhere. You said "lame" I showed you lame. I held up on the LAMEST....so there's your "give" you were looking for.

Disregards,

Fatty

Post away....

(ps. blasted web server!! :bang: )

Im really not sure if I should be posting in here or not, but I just HAD to because I see things like this so often.

I always here "you should do this" you should do that" (you meaning gc), change this change that, I dont like this or that.

But basically, its so simple its scary. Sometimes I respond with "GC owns it. Maybe thisll be Mario World in an hour. Nothing anyone can say about it"

Quick analogy for Many people (not jsut in this thread alone):

Lets sub house for server because both would be OWNED and paid for by GC and frequented and considered Home by GC.

You stop by GCs house without being invited. You ask whats for dinner. You say you dont like hamburgers lets have hotdogs (even tho GC is paying for the burger).

Then, you get your gourmet burger (uninvited for free) and complain about it. You wont help with the dishes, start a food fight in the dining room, whine about how you had to wait for Fatty to finish cooking desert, then up and leave without so much as a thank you. Well, ..... Next time, YOU guys can buy us all PIzza!!!

Thats all I got to say bout that.

Hmm, me thinks Fatty forgot to have his juice box this mourning. :freak:

LOL, at any rate, the Fat man owns the keys to the server.

Take notes /sarcasm off

In a situation like yours you can do 2 things...camp and wait for idiots to wander into you crosshairs which in the end reviels your possition and stopping 5+ CT's from overwhelming you would be a very unlikely ending and making a capacity server full of mostly dead players anoyed that they had to wait longer for the expected outcome. Or 2, take a rambo approach, and smartly mind you, rush in a blaze of glory picking your targets, take a few out and die with honor which would both be more entertaining for the dead viewers and also show your determination to accomplish the TEAM objective. Who know's perhaps the rambo method would have taken them by suprise, you slaughter the entire remaining CT players...and that is what CS is known for. :)

As for the multiple slayings I'll be frank with you. The method in which we admin differs greatly and I think you were made an example of, your buttons were intentionally pushed, your pride intentionally tested...an oh boy believe me, if you can take a beating from Fatty, then you sir are a humble man, heck, he may even like ya <runs and hides from Fatty>.

Also, you are fairly unknown to GC and your post was a long winded whine...take part in the community, be the best team player you can be, then post up constructive suggestions. They have potential to go much farther than out-of-the-blue complaints.

Stick around, these servers are the best for a reason and it aint admin abuse. :hug:

Edited by Brillow_Head

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in. I think that was the first time I've ever seen anyone get admin_slayed in that type of situation, where he still had time to complete the objectives. I was kinda taken aback by it at the time because it seemed out of character for the way you guys usually admin the server.

I dont want to tick anyone off, but I know a few people really did comment on it at the time.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in. I think that was the first time I've ever seen anyone get admin_slayed in that type of situation, where he still had time to complete the objectives. I was kinda taken aback by it at the time because it seemed out of character for the way you guys usually admin the server.

I dont want to tick anyone off, but I know a few people really did comment on it at the time.

It's completely legit for you to feel that way.

Let's look at the exact situation. Maybe we can recreate it.

1) Recall he was crawling ON THE LEDGE in his spawn with an awp.

2) Where was the bomb?

3) How many CTs?

4) (and, sounds like you know but I'll have to look it up) How much time was left?

Later on I'll pull the log and get you some exact data, but let's look at it.

Abu, you were there, you're one of the aforementioned "numerous" so you are very invited to post. Casper will be pleased.

Checked the logs, he had just under a minute left when this happened. On aztec, crouched in spawn, with awp, crawling on a ledge, nowhere near the bomb, with just under a minute. He could tell me 1,000 times he was about to "make a move" or something silly, but you'll never convince me he was doing anything but camping it out. I've played this game long enough to know the difference.

It was my judgement that he was wasting everyone's time, and I even explained that to him (quotes from logs have things inbetween that don't matter removed for the reader's ease):

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:01: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-] [sTEAM_0:1:99525] Exectuted :  slayed user [Jasper.] [sTEAM_0:1:140849]

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:05: "Jasper.<377><STEAM_0:1:140849><TERRORIST>" say "lame"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:10: [MANI_ADMIN_PLUGIN] Admin [[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-] [sTEAM_0:1:99525] Exectuted :  slayed user [Jasper.] [sTEAM_0:1:140849]

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:12: "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<390><STEAM_0:1:99525><CT>" say "lamer!"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:20: "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<390><STEAM_0:1:99525><CT>" say "wait for lamest, it's coming!"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:23:40: "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<390><STEAM_0:1:99525><CT>" say "LAME = wasting our time"

Darn that Brillow, he's not supposed to be sharing insight that he's writing in my biography.

Now, the curious part about this whole situation was that I thought Jasper had takin it rather well, and thus I held up and didn't invoke "LAMEST":

L 04/22/2005 - 15:24:48: "Jasper.<377><STEAM_0:1:140849><TERRORIST>" say "its called HUNTING FATTY"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:24:55: "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<390><STEAM_0:1:99525><CT>" say "i'm game!"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:24:57: "[VI] Slaphappy<395><STEAM_0:0:339730><TERRORIST>" say "we're hunting fatty?"

L 04/22/2005 - 15:24:59: "[Mmmm]Fatty -=GÇ=-<390><STEAM_0:1:99525><CT>" say "like the pun?"

I thought to myself, great, he's got the message, now he'd just like to kill me in the game. That's fair, even fun!

------

Then the thread, and the essays......

Dear GC admin, whom I'm fairly certain is weighted heavily in favour of the admin I am about to complain about, but nonetheless, my treatement on your server deserves even the ernestmost oppposition, despite how sisyphean it may be in nature.

I know I'm generally trying to get people to not be inflammatory, but is this guy 12? Congratulations, you haven't rolled that boulder up another hill in almost a day at this point. You've made your complaint, your support can arguably be seen as coming forward...Let's see if the log adds any additional substance (edit: pretty much what I had envisioned), see who else comes forward, and go from there.

And Fatty, you definitely win LAMEST.

Edited by appalachian_fox

I've seen people kill 6 enemies in under 30 seconds. In the event that you are caught severely outnumbered with the bomb completely on the other side of the map with less than a minute to go, you have no other recourse but to try and kill the remaining enemy targets. Bombing the site is undoubtedly more difficult to do in a situation like this. So in the effort of clearing the map of enemy, knowing they are approaching, strategically positioning yourself to take out as many enemy as possible before the timer runs out or you yourself are killed is probably the best action he could have taken.

Was he a repeat offender? Was he camping spawn more rounds that actually helping his team? These are things we don't know. If we take this as an incident based on that one round, I support the call of admin abuse.

In any event, when the guy posts that there was possible admin abuse on the server in what I would consider a decent manner, and then the entire community rips the guy a new orifice in the process, it makes you think about the integrity of the community itself.

Half of you either

A) Kiss the big hairy butt of the bastard who is fat

B) Rip the guy a new orifice when you weren't even there

It probably isn't necessary.

Edited by DJ Premier

lol ya troller!

I agree about anyone who wasn't there piping in, but it's been rather mild. I believe his orifice is intact, although I'm not gonna check.

I did invite his supporters to share their view.

DJ, you just had to be there. This was nothing but a campin. Nobody was approaching, etc. I'd expect you would trust my judgement in this case...again, I've been around too long to not be able to tell the difference.

As for the integrity of the community...well, we're always thinking about that, aren't we? You're always ready for these topics, aren't you DJ? :mellow: It's like you have the shark nose for GC blood.

Anyways, it is what it was. I made the call for what I thought was the good of the server. Bad in some eyes? Sure. Good in others? Of course.

I'd close this topic but the topic starter specifically asked me not to.