Admin Abuse.

It does seem as this post has taken on a life of its own.

Without being there and seeing it for myself, I can't really know what happened. At this point it's really just down to one person's word against another.

It's probably best for everyone to just move on, if they haven't already.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there, so I won't comment on the incident. However, the initial post seemed to have a description of the events and a polite tone. The responses from GC seemed ... flippant. Your server your rules. Is cool. I like the server, the people who play, and the competition level. I just wish this incident had been treated with more discussion and less button pushing. shaddup, you're a joke, and egging someone on to produce supporters seems out of character to me for a server that, I feel, tries to promote respecting others. I honestly try very hard be a better person when playing on GC (not always successful, I know, but I do try very hard). I hope everyone, player and gc member included, is trying to do the same.

110% agreement. :thumbsup:

shaddup, you're a joke, and egging someone on to produce supporters seems out of character to me for a server that, I feel, tries to promote respecting others

You're right on on the first two counts, guilty as charged....however, on the egging..there was none...he called me out to allow his support to come

Ps. I was told by numerous players to make this post and that they would reply and back up my story. SO I please ask you to not delete, or lock this thread until light has been shed on this entire set of events and the responsible parties are held accountable.

So yes, I'll concede readily that I stooped on this one..you got me..

...although the "shaddup" was carried over from the server, which he wouldn't do there. There comes a time when I've been politically correct 40 times in a row and then I just can't do it anymore. And yes, in the position I'm in, I get called on it from everywhere...which is a good thing..humbling, trying....but a good thing. It's also a good thing that we're all online, otherwise you'd have to peacefully whisper to me to "never never never shake a client."

Sa'll good, mhtt might have forgotten he even posted this, dunno.

PS. Ice, it's so much more simple than a person's word against another....it's not even that complex.

In the end, I'd slay him the same way, or any of you for that matter (chew and swallow), in the same circumstances....but it is true I could have been more gentle with him here. :thumbsup:

Cool. I wasn't trying to take sides or anything like that. I just hope that when the time comes for someone to raise a voice in protest, that voice is at least heard and considered. Having run a clan and dealt with these situations in the past, I know I was often guilty of not being as objective as I would have liked. You guys rock. I want you to avoid my pifalls at all cost :).

(edited)

First of all Fatty, I had my deagle out, not my awp.

Second of all, I was not crouched, I was making my way around the corner, not pacing back, not sitting still, I was on a run of about 15 seconds without stopping once.

Thirdly, Im sure many of the regulars on the server can vouche for the fact that I ALWAYS play a team game, oftentimes sacrificing my life, to complete objectives.

To think that anyone might draw any entertainment out of this pleases me in that I'm glad I could be the source of your collected amusement, I do not like to be the source of attention. I feel it usually distracts.

Your attempts to ignore my argument are honorable, but for the record my My argument from the beginning has been,

Granted: I was in the spawn, walking slowly, not near the bomb, and having been awping for a few kills prior to the incident in question (this has never been contested by me.)

therefore I think GC: should be clear about punishible behaviour, and take steps to earnestly differentiate between real acts of server lameness, and genuine moments of play (which I contend this was)

Edited by mHtt

<Second of all, I was not crouched, I was making my way around the corner, not pacing back, not sitting still, I was on a run of about 15 seconds without stopping once. >

Running without a stop........

<Granted: I was in the spawn, walking slowly, not near the bomb, and having been awping for a few kills prior to the incident in question (this has never been contested by me.)>

Walking Slowly.......

Hmmmmmmmmm :dry: Make up your mind

I don't think you should have posted. Your credibility has dropped in my eyes.

<resists the strong urge to digress>

<nooo!!!!!!!! >

<ok, one question, that's all>

I'm not going to argue with you about what gun you had out, I didn't take a screenshot, and frankly I wouldn't be able to handle arguing with you about that, I'd ban you before having a this gun / that gun argument....but tell me, do you deny you were up on the ledge in spawn? Just answer that one question for me.

Imagine if I was not off work with all this spare time lately!

(edited)
<resists the strong urge to digress>

<nooo!!!!!!!! >

<ok, one question, that's all>

I'm not going to argue with you about what gun you had out, I didn't take a screenshot, and frankly I wouldn't be able to handle arguing with you about that, I'd ban you before having a this gun / that gun argument....but tell me, do you deny you were up on the ledge in spawn?  Just answer that one question for me.

Imagine if I was not off work with all this spare time lately!

I dont deny that at all, I was on the ledge, because it's an elevated position, to enemies entering t spawn, and thats always favourable.

I'm settled that this was discussed. From the beginning I was never out to 'change' anything, I just wanted to have the behaviour of gc admins be the topic of discussion, within the context of the situation which occured between you and I. I believe that this thread is the fruition of that desire. In order to understand the nature of my position, you must first know that I enter arguments not to win favour, or acceptance, but under the auspice that when one learns, one always comes out better for it. In this spirit I learned alot about .gc and it's admins. I thank everyone here for their time/energy. Fatty, Ill c ur corpse on the server.

Edited by mHtt

I dont deny that at all, I was on the ledge, because it's an elevated position, to enemies entering t spawn, and thats always favourable.

Correct. You were camping spawn, away from bomb, with an awp, with 5 ct's covering a bomb that you were not advancing towards. Next time I see you doing it again, I'll slay you just the same.

In this spirit I learned alot about .gc and it's admins.

No, you just met one Fat Bastard of an admin who calls em like he sees em, won't listen to BS, and is getting about 3 hrs of sleep / night. I'm sorry for telling you to shut up in these forums, and I'm sorry to my crew for doing that. I still believe your first initial post, plus any silly attempts to talk above yourself everytime you post, and the fact that you continue to contradict yourself all make one big JOKE. But calling you a joke was not right, and to you and my crew, I apologize again.

Slay ya later,

Fatty

Its kind of funny, now that I do not have admin I have to actually try to be nice.

The other day a guy got all twisted. He asked why you couldn't buy an AWP. We all chimed in and explained 'its a noscope server'. Next round he says "why can't I buy a scout?"

My sarcasm kicks in and I say "scout has a scope... get a clue" or something such like. Wow did he go all over me. Called me unprintable names, referenced my mom, and generally acted like I had been really mean to him.

Now if I had had admin, that sucker would have been gone. Since no admin was around I say "Whoa, hold that anger back there, no reason to get all bent." He continues. I let it drop.

Next round I am watching as he pulls a double kill on a couple of guys stacked. so I "lol, nice unstacking there, Plez". He laughs with me and we have quite an enjoyable game.

Maybe, just maybe he got the chance to see what we are all about and might stick around. But I still would have cadminned him to the farthest reaches of my ability if I had the chance. :)

Don't ask me why I posted this here. Just felt left out.