An actual suggestion

I was just thinking the other day how after being tk'd I would like to be able to let out my frustrations (serious or comical) on my attacker, but without hurting them in anyway.

Real men forgive tk's, but couldn't we also be able to slap the player with zero damage...I just thought it might be a viable option so that we can still slap but without hurting the team's chances.

I had another idea about being able to remove the tk'ers primary weapon...I don't know if this is even an option, but would be quite amusing.

Anyways...just throwing that out there...

mO

We've examined the TK issue from different angles and we decided the current setup best reflects the GC's code of conduct. However, I'll throw something out there the next time it's discussed.

If you need to vent, do some push-ups while you're waiting :biggrin:

Thanks for posting, keep 'em coming.

Just out of interest, why would you want to give them a slap?

They would move about a meter, laugh at you, then carry on playing!

Well its better than reducing their health by 20 and better on my neighbors ears. If you heard what I say the majority of the time after a tk I would get banned (probably a life ban)..

How about a 1 to 5 health slap?

Oh man, that would be so funny on some map like piranesi or congo. On the roof of piranesi, smack em off. On congo, off the cliff of down into the smashing rapid water area. Another option is taking some cash from the person, but that would probably get too out of hand.

Well its better than reducing their health by 20 and better on my neighbors ears.  If you heard what I say the majority of the time after a tk I would get banned (probably a life ban)..

How about a 1 to 5 health slap?

I always forgive. Though, to be fair, I've never suspected being TK'd purposely.

When I have been tempted to slap, it seems counterproductive, since it puts the team at a disadvanted. Hence, I never slap.

How about 30 seconds of unlimited 0 damage slap. Just keep hitting the left mouse and watch the tk'er fly! :freak:

BTW... the auto kill on spawn attacking is a good feature, though i've seen a couple of "accidentals".

For instance, a moment ago on office someone threw a nade at the window just outside the garage and missed. It went off and bumped a couple of ct's and the "spawn attacker" was autoslayed. Clearly just a poorly aimed nade... but it occured within whatever timelimit...

Nevertheless, it is a good feature. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

BTW...  the auto kill on spawn attacking is a good feature, though i've seen a couple of "accidentals".

For instance, a moment ago on office someone threw a nade at the window just outside the garage and missed.  It went off and bumped a couple of ct's and the "spawn attacker" was autoslayed.  Clearly just a poorly aimed nade... but it occured within whatever timelimit...

Nevertheless, it is a good feature.  Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Yeah, but the exploding part can be a little annoying.

I always forgive.  Though, to be fair, I've never suspected being TK'd purposely.

When I have been tempted to slap, it seems counterproductive, since it puts the team at a disadvanted.  Hence, I never slap.

How about 30 seconds of unlimited 0 damage slap.  Just keep hitting the left mouse and watch the tk'er fly!  :freak:

I agree regarding the counter productive part. That is why I almost never slap (did it once). However I like the 30 seoconds of unlimited 0 dmg slap, or even 5-10 seconds for that matter..

The time duration slap with no damage would be appealing if it can be done,

+ It doesn't damage or kill them so the team isn't handicapped (at least not as much)

+ It'd be funny as heck to watch!

+ Might knock them out of the buy zone so they have to go back for guns

Did I mention it'd be fun to watch :)

BTW...  the auto kill on spawn attacking is a good feature, though i've seen a couple of "accidentals".

For instance, a moment ago on office someone threw a nade at the window just outside the garage and missed.  It went off and bumped a couple of ct's and the "spawn attacker" was autoslayed.  Clearly just a poorly aimed nade... but it occured within whatever timelimit...

Nevertheless, it is a good feature.  Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

i agree... although i think a good idea would be (if possible) to:

1.) keep the timing for: if X person attacks teammate within X seconds when round starts they die

IF

2.) they deal more than 10 dmg

this would probably greatly decrease accidental shots: ie. u shoot someone with your usp/glock by mistake. the only time you die on accident if you shot someone in the face... which is pretty hard to do. also 10 dmg in the grand scheme of things isnt that bad, espeically if its just a mistake. its semi frustrating when you change weapons and u shoot instead of changing weapons when you think u pressed 3 before pressing fire.

Edited by ich bin ein berliner

OK... so I just slayed a tk'er for the first time...

Dudes name was Mantooth... can't say i've seen him around before.

He was autoslayed at spawn, then spent the next round or two (this is on Italy, around lunch time) cursing into the mic and chat. You guys are such and such...

We go into the apartments and he is following me. we're in a hallway and he just unloads on me in a way that to me seemed premeditated. (there was no fire, no t's present).

So... I chose slay. No discussion between us.

A round or two later he and I and another go into apartments... He and the other take out two t's in front of me, I'm in the back, He then turns 90 degrees and just unloads on the other CT with a P90, i believe.

At that point he was kicked and banned, presumably by auto.

Sigh...

Guess there are times where Slay/Slap are appropriate.

I usually let the "offenders" manners determine what I do. If I'm tk'd I wait for them to say something. If they say sorry or otherwise appologize, then I forgive them.

If they say nothing, I slap them, or if I'm certain they did it intentionally or very recklessly, I slay. Can't say it comes to that often though

I usually let the "offenders" manners determine what I do.  If I'm tk'd I wait for them to say something.  If they say sorry or otherwise appologize, then I forgive them. 

If they say nothing, I slap them, or if I'm certain they did it intentionally or very recklessly, I slay.  Can't say it comes to that often though

In the case I mentioned above, the person actually said "Sorry" into the mic. But that was just covering his arse. Especially when he went on to committ further atrocities.

But, the point we all seem to be making is common: Tk's are situational. The inciident itself as well as the pattern of behavior by the individual determines what response is appropriate.

Nice nice...I in no way think that the current setup should be gotten rid of, I just thought adding the extra option would provide some extra laughs.

I personally try to forgive, but sometimes ppl really need a slap for comical reasons as well as there are individuals that I would love the chance to slap without actually doing real harm *cough*Doom*cough* (nothing personal I just thought this might slightly jostle the death grip he has on his m3, though I'm not one to talk)

Anyways my point is all about having fun, and thanks for all the fish...err, responses.