This is why u shop at NEWEGG

shep48

EMAIL I sent newegg

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:28 PM

To: cs.service.wh1(ne).us

Subject: price??

sales order# 1

cust # 3 I ordered the memory. It hasnt even left your building yet and the price dropped $32 do I get the new price?? it hasnt even left yet. Ive spent alot of money with you guys.

here is their reply

Dear shep,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We do not offer any sort of price protection. Due to the constant fluctuation of prices in this industry, the cost of our inventory is changing regularly. Items costs on our website reflect this, as they are adjusted daily. I am unable to provide you with a specific reason as to why there is a price differential because there is several determinates Newegg considers when making price adjustments.

Nevertheless, it has always been our priority to offer the greatest value for your dollar. Anytime we receive any specials or promotions such as rebates, free shipping or quantity discounts, we immediately post them on our website for you to take full advantage of.

However, we do understand your situation. I will make an exception to submit a credit request in the amount of $32 for you once the invoice number is generated. You will receive a confirmation email from our accounting department once this request is approved and then please allow 3-5 business days for your Master card issuer to finalize this transaction.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.

Thank you,

Lionel

When I found I paid too much for my ram at the buisness depot (staples), I

sent them a similar email. I got a response saying someone from the Canadian

division would contact me. The response never came, I took the ram back, bought it at tiger direct for half the price. Newegg was still cheaper! I will never shop at staples again! When o when will newegg expand into Canada? :bang:

Fantastic customer service!! :laugh:

I had a similar experience with them this week. I bought a refurbished ATI 9250 256mb vid card from them and it was DOA. No broblem on the RMA, but I noticed that one of the new cards of the same model, but different bran, had dropped in price to $53 so I asked if I could have that instead. Well they said that thier policy is to exchange for like products, but since I asked they would hook me up. Long story short I got a brand new card for the price of the refurbished one.

I had a problem with a DVD-rom that was past its RMA date. I called and explained that I had finally gotten time to mess with it and find my problem piece. They told me the RMA number was still good and to send it back. They did not have the same one in stock, so they sent me a credit and I actually ended up purchasing a DVD-RW drive for about $20 more from them. Good customer relations usually = more money spent there. Also got $1 shipping on my monitor :blink2::D Can't beat that.

Other good thing about newegg is the turn around time on orders. I order, they process and get out using FEDEX (big plus for me as I really despise Turtle-speed UPS). I receive my order 2-3 days later using their usually free ground shipping. Nice huh. :thumbsup:

Send them an email asking if they're considering it.  If they see that enough people have an interest they'll might do it, but if no one evers asks, how will they know?

When I called them to try and see if they would ship to Canada, they did inform

me they were very seriously considering expanding in that direction soon.

(WOOT!) The real question is when? Hopefully not too far in the future!! :boing:

Yea, newegg is great.

Bought lots of stuff from them.

And even when I did get a bad PSU, they fedex'ed me a new onenext day free of charge. Also got a few gift frmo them too

That's why I shop newegg exclusively. Aside from usually being cheaper, they are absolutely bulletproof when it comes to returns. They rock so hard.