Well...I Finally Bought one!!

Shazz

No more dark issues. DOH!!! With an LCD you must be looking at it straight to get the best benefit from it.

Anyway...Fantastic monitor!!! Great gaming monitor....plus, I have desk space!! WOOT!

No more dark issues.  DOH!!! With an LCD you must be looking at it straight to get the best benefit from it.

Anyway...Fantastic monitor!!!  Great gaming monitor....plus,  I have desk space!! WOOT!

exactly, that's why they can't touch crts.

that 4ms lcd is amazing. i read a review of it a month back. if i was forced into buying an lcd then it would be my first choice at this point.

One thing that is Very nice about this monitor is the Colors! WOW. The CT's have more definition and the T's are the same.

I am running the DVI. So my FPS went up and my graphics are SWEETT!!!

At one point I was running over 200 frames per second. When using the vsync it tops them off at 60. However, like others have mentioned that anything over 60 to 70 really doesn't make any difference. But it still was neat to see it over 200 to 230.

This DVI thing is NICE!! I would do it again!

shazzz, a monitor has no effect on fps. you should have been able to get 200+ fps before the lcd.

i do agree that dvi is far superior to analog. i would not even consider an lcd without dvi.

fox, if you and several friends are watching a dvd on your monitor you can't all possibly be looking straight on...

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I will not go back to a CRT!! This monitor took a couple of days to get use too...but it is unreal!! The DVI connection makes the pictures look better. I said a couple of day's...but really my eyes just had to change from the brightness of a CRT to the calmness of a LCD. Just put it this way...no more bad headaches from staring at a CRT monitor for a couple of hours. A LCD will help with headaches!

Plus!! I have my desk back!! The monitor looks great too!

Clueless and I have the same monitor. We both enjoy and give it a "thumbs up!"

Plus..at the price preacher posted it at....I would do it all over again! I paid around 350 for mine shipping included.

Get it from NewEgg.com if you can...great place to buy from. And if you need it before FF, they can have it at your door FAST!

EDIT: The one preacher posted is a 'slightly' different model than the one I own. you can look at the difference...I think it is analog and mine is DVI "digital". I think...anyway..here is the LINK FOR MY LCD

2nd Edit: This LCD has little to NO ghosting. If you are going to use a LCD for gaming...make sure you get one that is 8ms are faster. i have heard of some gamers using a 12ms..but I don't know how good that is. The only LCD I have ever seen for gaming is this one. So I don't know about the rest of em.

Edited by §hažžž

Thanks to Clueless and Shazz's recommendation I purchased one last Friday.. It should be here on Wend. I didn't want to haul my 21� NEC down to FF, plus I plan on going to a few more lan party's this summer (FF will be my first).

I really don't believe it's even possible to notice the diff between 4ms and 8 ms.

The avg Human see as 24 FPS. Doing the math on that that's 1 second / 24 = 41.666 milleseconds.

SO whether it's 4 or 8, it's still much faster than you can see the difference. I'd say go with the best deal of the 2. (For any that are considering)

Guest firemanzero1
Guest firemanzero1
Guest firemanzero1
Guests

I just bought the Sony SDMHS75PS monitor. I think CS looks great on it. It has an 8ms response time and XBrite technology. I saved on lighting because I don't have to turn my room light on now this monitor is so bright. :D

• 3 months later...
i do agree that dvi is far superior to analog.  i would not even consider an lcd without dvi.

fox, if you and several friends are watching a dvd on your monitor you can't all possibly be looking straight on...

Totally agree. Digital rocks.

Fair 'nuff, but I have a TV for watching movies, so my requirements would be a little bit different. I hardly ever have spectators when playing games, either, so YMMV.

Of course, as I respond on this wonderful Dell 2001FP LCD at work, I just noticed that I can see the screen clearly and with plenty of brightness from pretty much any angle: The text become unreadable from being too narrow / squashed far before the monitor becomes too dark. I wouldn't argue that LCD > CRT for everything, but again, YMMV.