Mouse Sensitivity

Kilzugud

the last couple days it has come up a cpl times where ppl were askin what sensitivity and so on ppl use......

i was just curious as to what ppl play with and why, i usually am arnd 5.5 or so....

also, what kind of mouses ppl use..... :peace:

okay, for those that have sensitivities down below 2...how the heck do you turn around so fast? You must have to pick up the mouse so many times just to look around. I run with 4.3 and filtering...and I dont like it...I overshoot or undershoot all the time but I cant turn it down for quick spin reasons.

Help me see the light!!!

Edited by Brillow_Head

okay, for those that have sensitivities down below 2...how the heck do you turn around so fast?  You must have to pick up the mouse so many times just to look around.  I run with 4.3 and filtering...and I dont like it...I overshoot or undershoot all the time but I cant turn it down for quick spin reasons.

Help me see the light!!!

Brillow, 2.0 sensitivity for someone can be much different than it is for you. It depends on many things including Windows sensitivity settings, your mouse sensitivity settings, your mouse resolution, etc. So, really it's a worthless thing to look into when comparing to someone else... :bang:

mouse exceleration is what allows me to keep my sensitivity as low as it is for more accurate shots while still allowing me to pull a 180 turn. With accelerration I can just whip the mouse quickly without having to go a far distance and I am facing the other way. I have mouse smoothing turned on in game. As far as the actual windows values aside from that as far as sens and whatnot I believe I left those at default upon mouseware installation. I'd have to wait until I get home to check them though. I have an MX700

Also you may not want to make the jump in one fail swoop (swoop, hehe) try bunoing it down a little at a time, get used to that setting, then bump it down some more etc...

(edited)

Brillow follow me and I'll show u the light :)

Really, I used to be at 15 and then Moss (Wonder if he is still around) put my noob arse on the track...

Technically speaking I have my sensitivity at 1.5 with all the default windows values, with resolution of 1121x816 or something like that.

For me to make a 180* turn would prolly take anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 full swipes accross my pad. Thus said I have MX510 and it is very cool mouse, Swoop has crazy mouse too, but thats only cuz he is way more l337 than rest of us. (When I tried his config at FF03, his sensitivity was very very low...to the point where I could actually feel professional :))

If u have some Joe Shmoe mouse then forget about low sensitivity cuz technically ur mouse will not be able to track the surface fast enough for u to make fast turns with low sensitivity.

So, to sum it all up:

1. try work ur way down gradually

2. Aim at the sensitivity of below 2

3. General idea is that u are not afraid to move ur mouse when u see an enemy

4. U need to reach the point where movement of crosshair is very slow and steady...ideal situation where u don't move ur crosshair most of the time but just keep it in the mid of the screen on the potential spot where enemey's head is going to be

5. Get high performance mouse...there is just no other way (or play like me, with keyboard only)

6. Don't be afraid to move ur hand a lot, u will get use to it.

Edited by BIGSHaW

okay, for those that have sensitivities down below 2...how the heck do you turn around so fast?  You must have to pick up the mouse so many times just to look around.  I run with 4.3 and filtering...and I dont like it...I overshoot or undershoot all the time but I cant turn it down for quick spin reasons.

Help me see the light!!!

The lower senstitivty is great because it gives you a finer touch on aim. As far as making 180 degree turns though, you just need a bigger mouse pad, or desktop.

Although as someone mentioned, just the setting in CS isn't the whole deal. It's also affected by windows