Gas has officially hit $3 here

Acid-Flux

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Unfortunately Konfabulator is such a system resource hog that I do not use it. If it weren't so hard on the system resources, I would probably use it.

Cheapest here in Southeastern lower Michigan is $3.39. It would take approximately $75.00 to fill up my truck, which has a 22 gallon tank. Yup, I'm gonna' be poor.

By the way, that picture of the $5.87 is from Atlanta, Georgia, which has been the hardest hit from the aftereffects of Katrina as far as gas goes, 87% of their gas came from pipelines that ran through Louisiana.

Gas is expected to be near $5.00 EVERYWHERE by the middle of next week.

Edited by DirtyBird

I don't get it, back in the 70's there was a hike in gas prices due to shortages...but I've yet to see a gas station that say "sorry out of gas." and they are still charging an arm and a leg.

It's called, give us your money cause we WILL be running out of gas at this rate, so we jack the prices and get all the money we can before we hit the bottle neck and proffits drop.

I hate oil companies. <remembers the days when a full tank cost $12>

Edited by Brillow_Head

Here in Canada Our price Just went up from 112.99/Litre to 119.99/litre. Word is in a couple more weeks it will be 129.99/litre :(

To Covert, 1 US Gallon = 3.785 litres

So if you do the math, you guys should really stop complaining :)

It's really starting to suck up here.

And to think in 1985 we could have had it all nice and cheap... Read down for "Water Fuel"

http://befreetech.com/fe_program.htm

That's $1.20/L, of course.

That's nearly $5.00CAD/Gallon, anywhere you go. That's the bottom floor of the price war today.

You can't tell me that it's disaster relief, or overuse. Nobody was affected by the hurricaine here, in Canada, and we're paying way more per gallon than anybody but people in Georgia or Lousiana. We've got loads of petrolium in Alberta. Some more in Northern Ontario/Quebec And another load off of the coast of Newfoundland... ...enough to run both countries off of, anyway. Just like your rigs in Texas and the like.

The price per barrel hasn't skyrocketed, either... ...and even if it did jump, say, another $20, I really don't see how that would justify adding any more than a couple of cents to the metre...

This is one of the stupidest, most heartless cashgrabs of the last few years, at least. The price has now more than doubled that which it was five years ago. I think releasing the Homolka movie simultaneously on all Canadian TV stations would be in better taste.

All I can say is "Blarg".

Edited by Norguard

I don't get it, back in the 70's there was a hike in gas prices due to shortages...but I've yet to see a gas station that say "sorry out of gas." and they are still charging an arm and a leg.

It's called, give us your money cause we WILL be running out of gas at this rate, so we jack the prices and get all the money we can before we hit the bottle neck and proffits drop.

I hate oil companies. <remembers the days when a full tank cost $12>

We dont have a shortage like the 70's, we have LOTS of oil.. Its the environmental jerks who is stopping us from building more Refineries, we have a refinery shortage..

Oh its $3.09 here at my house..

This is gonna make Everything go up in prices, cause of the higher shipping costs with the higher fuel...

Edited by Batman

I don't see why anyone is complaining...I mean the fuel cell was invented before the automotive assembly line for crying out loud. I've been telling everyone for years...the oil companies are screwing life as we know it! No one listens, no one ever stops for two seconds and looks between their child and their truck and realizes that they can have only one or the other, but not both! We're in this wonderful nexus where the oil companies need to be lined up and shot before they burn a bigger skylight in the ozone, but we can't because we got too lazy too fast and have a twisted sense of morals (YES I SAID IT)

Anyways, it's too late. People will start rioting over the gas prices very soon, I assume as they all reach $5 a gallon, and this whole storm will change the face of life as we know it.

This rant has been brought to you by....Tim Hortons....It's always fresh at Tim Hortons!

I don't see why anyone is complaining...I mean the fuel cell was invented before the automotive assembly line for crying out loud. I've been telling everyone for years...the oil companies are screwing life as we know it! No one listens, no one ever stops for two seconds and looks between their child and their truck and realizes that they can have only one or the other, but not both! We're in this wonderful nexus where the oil companies need to be lined up and shot before they burn a bigger skylight in the ozone, but we can't because we got too lazy too fast and have a twisted sense of morals (YES I SAID IT)

Anyways, it's too late. People will start rioting over the gas prices very soon, I assume as they all reach $5 a gallon, and this whole storm will change the face of life as we know it.

This rant has been brought to you by....Tim Hortons....It's always fresh at Tim Hortons!

It's not that no one ever stops and thinks. it's just that the majority (*cough* look at the president *cough*) dont think they can do anything about it, so why would they bother trying?

People are lazy and just whiners. No one ever tries to fix the problem they just figure nothing can be done about it. I for one cant wait until I have enough $ to buy a electric car. I know that wont be for like 2 or 3 years, but by then im hoping their mpg will be around 70. then ill laugh and laugh... and LAUGH. and then get into an accident because the car's OS is running windows, and the BSOD will apear (heheh)

Edited by Acid-Flux

Yeah, it was over $5/gallon at many places in Atlanta yesterday. Why charge more? The way I see it, it was only a matter of time until everyone realized that platforms in the Gulf and a major port for oil shipments were hit. Then, panic. Humans are good at panicking. So, what's a gas station to do when there are lines around the block just to get gas and they know they are going to sell completely out of their supply? Raise prices.

It's a free market, and it doesn't take a lot of cunning to realize when a spike in demand is present. IF you're going to sell all of your product at $3 per unit or at $5 per unit, and we're talking tens of thousands of units, what would YOU prefer? However, it was indeed a totally artificial demand spike. Gas was to be had in downtown Atlanta for $2.79 a gallon, which is a far cry from the $5.879 in the photo. In Athens, GA, as well as pretty much everywhere else I've seen, there are gas stations charging $3.399 a gallon literally a half a block from stations charging $2.899.

I guess some vendors slept through the supply-demand charts in economics...

yes. its correct.

price gourging.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=68579

its 3.30 here now, most stations are sold out and its pretty common knowledge that prices are going to be hitting 4-5 dollars in the next little while. economist have been predicting for 8 months a surge to 5 a gallon by next summer, this simply sped up the process.

i've heard current guesses of 10 weeks or more before any production can go back into work, and that doens't even count how much is imported there.