the times we blush

Shadow Slayer

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Every time I talk to Contra :lol::P

Nah, seriously... I'm pretty sure the only time I can recall blushing to the point where I could feel myself blushing would be 1994, Williamstown field days in Williamstown, NY. I ran into Angie after not having seen her for a couple weeks, completely by accident (and almost literally, I might add). We had a nice little chat while waiting in line for some ride, I wish I could remember which one. But man, were my cheeks burning. I looked something like this, I bet => :wub: With the hearts and everything.

It was bad, I was head over heels for that girl... shes not the same as she used to be, though... -_-

I live embarrased! I could recount the usual times of making the clumsy mistake at the worst time. Like committing the required spilling of drink at first dinner at future wife's parents house. Or slipping and falling when trying to bowl on our "first date". etc etc. But I was usually pretty good at laughing at myself even if I did turn red.

Probably some of the more embarrasing things I have done werent even seen by anyone. The one im thinking about was at work. I "fed" a rough planer at a hardwoods distrubition facility. Intensely loud. You could feed mega amounts of board. You had a huge hydralic and chain fed apparatus feeding you boards which you flipped onto a conveyer belt the fed them to the planer. Then you had three guys way down at teh other end stacking them in carts. Anyway in order to change the planing with from 15/16 to 1" I would hop on the convey belt and ride it to the planer and hop off and adjust it. Saved a lot of time cause I would have to walk way around all the feeding apparatus. I would then shut off the belt at the planer and run back to my feeding station on the stopped conveyer belt. Well one time I forgot to stop the belt and didnt realize it was still running. In my haste to get back into position to keep the three "stackers" busy I vaulted myself on the conveyer belt expecting to land on firm and stationary ground. Well as you can probably guess my feet were WHIPPED out from under me and I was lying on my back heading straight for the planer!

The rollers crushed the ankle an the planer took off three toes. They ended up amputating just below the knee.

Not really =P. I hurridly got up and ran back to my spot on the moving belt. And was relieved that the stackers and grader were in a Mt Dew stupor.

whoa... Rev... as a safety professional I should beat you sensless and leave you in the hands of the foul OSHA gods... for them to waste your time and draw resources outta your wallet... ...man... ....although that would be embarrassing to fall like that. Just glad you didn't get hurt. 8P)

Lets see... I've done all the girl embarassing stuff... and I've made a fool outta myself manya times... so much now that I have nearly no shame whatsoever.... ask Magruter about the dumb stuff they have me do at work b/c... well... ...I'll do it. Normally its just dressin up like a goof ball for something... which I think is fun. So far I've been a Clown, Elvis, and I'll be a mime on Tuesday next week. Next year I hope to be McGruff teh Crime Dog :ph34r:

But lets see embarrasing.... playing my first show with my first band. I was on lead guitar.... and back up vocals... except for 1 song... "Brown Eyed Girl" I could sing it better than our singer so for that song I was gonna be steppin up to the mic... lets just say 2nd vs.... same as the 1st... until I realized I repeated it and I stopped singin all together... the rest of the band pulled me through and it was great laugh for all.... but man. I wanted to kick myself.

ANother band story...almost like Spinal tap... playing for a small crowd in a garage... fell to my knees in a solo trying to show off... ...couldn't get back up. 8P) The drummer was laughing so hard he had to stop the song.

Okay...here is a good story. I had my truck in the shop awhile ago for major body repairs from an accident. Over the course of 2 months I got to know the guys at the shop pretty well. I became friends with the owner and his number one guy. We always smiled and shook hands when I came by, etc.

Well, this one day I came by to prod them into finishing my work and the owner (Harry) and his guy (Blake) were out front talking to a HOTT little blonde girl. Well, I was walking up from behind the girl but facing the two guys...so in true testosterone fashion I gave the guys the little Hott Mama! look and kinda leered at the girl as I was walking up. I expected to have my buddies wink at me or chuckle or something, you know how guys are. Well, Harry just looked kinda THRU me, no smile or anything...andBlake was suddenly very interested in the sidewalk. I didn't think too much of it for awhile, but did kinda wonder why they didn't seem happy to see me that day, I fugured I was kinda getting to be a pest or something. Didnt think of it again...

until I walked in about 3 weeks later with my GF (at the time) and she introduces me to a pretty girl working the front counter..."gOOt this is my friend Amy...she's HARRY'S DAUGHTER!" :o:unsure::ph34r:

Hope you guys followed that. I was leering at the dood's daughter right in front of him

BTW, I wasn't really all that interested in the chick, b/c I am in love with my woman, I was just kinda doing that whole comraderie thing...I told my GF when we left that day what had happened and she Laughed her donkey off! At my expense of course :angry:

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

There's got to be some kind of award for that, gOOt.

hm... i do lots of embarassing things.. but i never seem to blush..

i fell down an escalator and blacked out for 4 min and had to go to the hospital.. but i was really happy cause when i woke up.. i found a dollar next to me!

I think the only time i've ever blushed is when the love of my life called me beautiful 8P) ... *sigh* i sure do love him :wub:

I was at a bar having drinks with the girl I am now with***we were not together yet, this was the proposal for a first date***. She had an excercise class before we met and I asked her to go camping. She said yes...and I was like ROCK! So we drank a couple of drinks and she said she was going to go home and take a shower. Well a bunch of people come in and buy me drinks and shots and I return the favor. I don't remember much because all the sudden I was blacked out drunk. The next thing I really remember is having my eyes closed and thinking "hey, there's something in my mouth" I tried getting it out and opened my eyes. It was a girl. Then I'm like, "hey, there's something in my pants." This girl was manually manipulating my member up my shorts. The girl I am with now (Katie) was sitting at the table watching! I was blacked out drunk and Katie took my keys so I couldn't drive home and told the girl to leave me alone.

Needless to say we didn't go camping and it was a couple of months before we got on track as a couple. But that's not the embarrassing part that makes me blush. I went to Katie's house (her dad is a Prof at Purdue by coincidence) and on her fridge (she lives with her parents) is a whitewash message board. On it, there is a note about me getting a hand[shake].

Her whole family knew.

Needless to say, nothing has ever been that difficult to laugh off and try to maintain any sense of dignity.

8P)

Chief

:blink:

a friend of mine once killed a Ferbie...

(this isn't embarressing it's just funny)

A bunch of friends and myself were sitting around playing with a new ferbie and trying to get it to speak english and such. My friends brother is one of those type of guys that will do odd things to freak ppl out. (Like act homosexual to a guy just to freak him out). Well that odd guy (Justin) walks up behind another guy and starts pretending to *ahem* "get it on with him". The Ferbie instantly went like this :o his jaw dropped and eyes opened wide and died. Nothing we could do would wake him up...we even took the batteries out and put new ones in. We hit the reset button. Nothing would work...he literally died from shock...

:(