hey just a helpful thought...

ephemeral

i think that you guys would have to spend a lot less time on here messing around with unbanning people and answering peoples questions, if you would just be a little less "ban-happy" i totally dont mean that in a disrespectful way, but it seems that wuite a few people that are banned get unbanned because of a misjudment. again, not disrrespectfully at all, but i just thought that maybe that would help a little...

i think that you guys would have to spend a lot less time on here messing around with unbanning people and answering peoples questions, if you would just be a little less "ban-happy" i totally dont mean that in a disrespectful way, but it seems that wuite a few people that are banned get unbanned because of a misjudment. again, not disrrespectfully at all, but i just thought that maybe that would help a little...

Thank you for your suggestion. I don't agree that most of our bans are from misjudgement. While our rules are strict, we are also forgiving as long as you acknowledge that you broke a rule and will do your best not to do it again. Therefore you will almost always see someone's ban overturned if they are willing to live by our server rules. We will take ban-happy admin over trash servers any day.

In addition to what Bubblegum Bandit said, i'm sure a good number of people who are banned don't even bother coming to the forums to request an unban. Judging by the number of topics in the unbanned forum and Fatty's signature less than 1 in 6 people banned come here to request an unbanning.

Edited by VooDooPC

• 3 weeks later...

We ban for breaking the rules that are set out on our website and in the MOTD as you join the server. I wouldn't call it "for almost anything." However, we are not willing to take flack in game, we'd rather ban you that listen to you whine. If you need to discuss something, do it in the forums, not the servers. As stated before, if you didn't know the rules, or even if you did, if you come in here, own up to it, and agree to abide by the rules.....99.9999999% of these people will be unbanned.

I don't care about half of the rules that we have to follow here but I still follow them because others do care. The ones that seam tedious and strict lay the foundation for the rules that I do care about. Cursing don't bother me one bit (I’m a drunken sailor from New Orleans go figure). But if you can't exercise enough self control not to type profanities that make other players uncomfortable or say something that some kid may read as his mother's looking over his shoulder and get his internet privileges canxed then your probably going to get mad and intentionally TK or constantly talk trash to someone who's having a bad night and make the game that much more worse. We all have off days, bad pings, or who know why the M4 opened up at 2 feet would miss. I like to have fun when I play, not get in heated debates about random meaningless BS or have to hear two people arguing about religious preference over the mic while I’m trying to sneak up and knife some guy that happened to be looking the wrong way when I rounded the corner.

GC servers have a high skill competition level without the internet rebel’s trying to act tough. This is the cause I believe in and why I joined GC. You're not going to walk up to a cop and light up a joint and get away with it so why think that you can come to our server and think you have the right to break the rules? I don't want to Ban anyone it distracts me from my game play, but I don't want to be on a server that all the people that present a challenge left cause some guy ruined their mood. And really owning noobs gives a great score that means nothing compared to killing hollywood, gambit, whitey, thanatos, hizzigh, derik, freeman, tiglah and many other of the regulars who are great at this game.

{blushes} you make me feel special huggz.

but i agree with what you say bro, i am also a bad mouthed soldier myself but i leave that stuff at the door when i am on the forums or on the game. it is quite simple not to cuss and follow rules.

that is the bottom line, dont break the rules and the admin wont give you the stick.