PAM TIME!!!!!!

Fatty

Aight, thanks to Dirk we have a server (now a new box, so new and improved!) at the disposal of GC.

We don't need another CSS server, at least a stock one. Could be some modded form.

We have a zombie server.

DoD is not gonna happen.

So, let's PICK A MOD!

We need:

-Your input on mods you experience that are currently popular

-Links to sites that have mods, or where people develop them

-What you want to see done with this server

-Your opinion on what would make a good addition to our arsenal at this moment

Remember, this is the server in Dallas. We REALLY could use a boost in our southwest clients, even if they are attracted to some weird mod. There are friends to be made in the hot and dry of the SW!

Thanks in advance for your input!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask g00t. He floats around a lot, what does he see on successful servers?

I personally I like to mix it up. Strategy maps and then just full out nonsense with respawn. I think we all like to see a banzai-nuts type of game every so often.

D2: standard time

iceworld: 10 minutes

Cbble: standard time

alivemetal: 10 minutes

office: standard time

dinoiceworld: 10 minutes

etc

How difficult is it to take an existing map and customize it a bit? Maybe we could field some ideas on how to shake up exisiting maps.

roger that shep. i PM'd shep and fatty about this guys. it was huge for 1.6 and they just released that mod for CS:S. it is absolutely a blast. i havent found the actual download but i know its out there. everyone at my old community is talkin it up like crazy.

it is still CS:S however......

there are different "characters" and you can level these characters up. the higher the level the better the powers. this is an awesome tie in with CS:S and the MMORP games out there. when it was up and running in 1.6 our servers were always full. even the reserves had trouble getting in at times.

i will look for more info at work this evening and post whatever i can find up then.

however in the mean time you can find info on it if you google it like this....

War3 mod+CS:S

the warcraft 3 mod guys... check it out!!!!

that pic is huge! mattie site is down thats where the warcraft mod is located. I found this while searching

"Hi guys,

I was just doing my weekly search for intersting mods and i can a across this this little gem.

Thats right a war3 mod for source. For those of u old skool gamers u will remember this form the 1.6 days.

For the new skools.........The mod is based on races from Warcraft. At the start of each map u select one of 3 races included (only 3 at this point).

Hers is a rundown.

Undead Scourge:

Skills:

Vampiric Aura:

Gives you a percentage of the damage you do in attack back as health. When used as a component for the Steel Skin skill, you will also have your armor strengthened from your attacks.

Banish:

You have a chance of slapping your enemy and propelling them in a random direction. The slap does a certain ammount of damage depending on what level you are.

Levitation:

You gain levitation powers, once you level in it you gain more levitation.

Human Alliance:

Skills:

Invisibility:

As you level in it you gain more invisibility.

Devotion Aura:

Gives you added health at the start of the round. More is given as you level.

Bash:

When you shoot someone you have a chance of rendering them immobile for a certain ammount of time.

Orcish Horde:

Skills:

Critical Strike:

A certain random level depending on level to double damage.

Critical Grenade:

Makes your hegrenade more powerful depending on your level.

Equipment Create:

When you type !createweapon depending on your level a weapon is created.

This mod was huge in 1.6 and i hope it will be here as well. "

ty shep for finding all of that. i wanted to be more descriptive however was havin a hard time finding stuff while getting ready for work today. i will continue to look around for more stuff.

shep let me know when it is back up and can be downloaded. it would be nice to maybe get it on a server for a week or two to give it a try and see what people think of it.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Long, long, long ago Mini and I enjoyed a "jail" mod for HL.  We loved it.  If you see one of these, let me know!

Lol, wasn't it ZD posting closeups of that chick's backside in HL2?

He'd like this!

Fatty!!! You are my Hero!!! :biglaugha:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I played exclusively WC3 mod for cs 1.6 for a long long time. Of course where I played you had 8 classes to chose from. I do hope to find this mod. I will put it on the Lunatic Soldiers server if not done in GC.

Dirk is my hero :hug:

I live in DFW too, so you can expect to see me on this server when I get to play some CSS.

What is zombie?? I remember the jailbreak thing too :D

I played the WC mod in 1.6 and found a CS:S server that was running the WC mod. It actually ran pretty smoothly.

However, I am NOT a fan of gimmiky mods, etc. My idea of a perfect pub is about 14 peeps, all showing a little skill. Not very easy to set up a server like that I guess. I get burnt out on the big 12 v 12 "race" to frag the most peeps.

I REALLY like Duke's idea of making it a normal, non-modded server that runs the classic maps mixed in with Iceworld, Poolhouse, AWP maps, etc. Kinda gives you a break from concentrating and offers something for everyone. I think a mix like that requires quite a few admins though, to keep out the TKing scum.

Please keep the scopes active too?

Anyhow, just my 2 cents. Once again...THANKS DIRK!!! I'll cya in the game this weekend :)

GC Founder

Your "normal" server won't work without players to drive it constantly, not here anyways.

While it's a nice pipe and probably a swell computer right now, it's not sitting on a pipe that is on a major hub network (my own terminology) like servers through services that compete against others for big bandwidth,- etc.

That said, however, we really need to get something going on there and push her to see how she really fairs at current.

heres why mattie is down

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:52 pm Post subject: FYI-- Mattie forums down Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI-- my forums are down until further notice. Here's the typical URL which is broken right now:

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/index.php

I live in southern Florida where we just got hit by hurricane Wilma and have no power/gas/telephone/etc. The server won't be up again until the cities are up and going.

Sorry-- not much I can do about it, but thought I'd post from my remaining laptop battery power.

-Mattie