PAM TIME!!!!!!

Fatty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its not up yet. i wish it was i jumped on the other server that shep posted and was banned. lol. they were on an aim map and i was usin the awp and went 34 and 1 and they said i was hackin.

i like the new mod for CS:S. it was a blast for that little bit of time. what would it take to get this on our server here sometime soon?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just played it for a bit. The original 4 classes are there. The problem though is that some servers use the always remember experience setting so the server keeps tabs of all the experience for each class for each steamid which causes server load lag.

Just have it reset each map and you will be all good. Let's go with it.

WC3

(Where in the heck do you get it from?)

shep posted where but it is down atm because of the hurricane or whatever. either way we will find it here soon.

i dont understand what you were sayin though about it rememberin xp... i kinda get it but am a little lost. it wasnt bad when you changed levels and so on but the shopmenu could mess it up if it is too detailed. you have to just have 5 or 6 items to choose from like the ank of reincarnation.... the cloak of shadows.... xp tomb... so on.

I just played it for a bit.  The original 4 classes are there.  The problem though is that some servers use the always remember experience setting so the server keeps tabs of all the experience for each class for each steamid which causes server load lag.

Just have it reset each map and you will be all good.  Let's go with it.

WC3

(Where in the heck do you get it from?)

Ya.. that was a really fun mod. I used to play it on some other server a while back until they shut that server down.

GC Founder

As soon as someone sees this W3 site up, let's jump on it.

I agree, I think resetting the experience would be fun because people have to start new each time. Will have to toy with it. Sounds fun!

As soon as someone sees this W3 site up, let's jump on it.

I agree, I think resetting the experience would be fun because people have to start new each time.  Will have to toy with it.  Sounds fun!

how about... resetting the xp like once or twice a month instead?

when you reach a certain level.... maybe 6 or 7 you get this special skill for each type of character. it makes it a blast. one of them is ultimate time bomb... you basically commit mass suicide and take anyone around you with you. lol, i laughed first time it happened to me.

either way, it will rock and im stoked.

GC Founder

Welp, Kilz, I'm gonna rely on you to find the mod when the site comes back or whatever. Let me know ASAP when it does.

As far as the experience.....we'll just have to toy with it when the time comes. What you mention sounds fun......I know nothing of how long it takes to gain experience pts, the intervals between levels, etc....so I would rely on others to help define it as we go.

You were looking to help lead a server, smells like the shoe fits with this.

i think that it shouldnt be a mod, but more of a type of a game. surfing!!! has anybody else ever experienced CS surfing? i cant explain it, but if you look around, you'll see quite a few surfing servers. its not what it sounds like, it has nothing to do woth water or boards. goo look for it right now!!! its fun! by the way, if youe ever see {GpL}disc0mb0bulated say hi to him for me. then shoot him.

yea shep is correct. 25xp each kill. also, they have this option called "shopmenu"

what this does is gives you the option to buy with your money like.... 100 xp($10,000) a cloak of shadows(increases invisibility) other things like this. its really sweet.

every kill gives you xp and we can pre-determine that later when the mod is back up. also say it takes 200 xp to lvl up to lvl 2. well how i played it is every time you level the amount it takes to level next is doubled or close to that extant.

i would LOVE the oppertunity to help out with this. however, it would be really cool when we get it up and going if there were one or two others that could help me with this so i had someone to talk to and come up with a fair set up and so on.

i will continue to keep looking, also shep, if you see anything happen at that other site that had it would you please let me know. thx buddy.