Eight-year-old physics genius enters university

Acid-Flux

Ever since I was young, I was told to be many, many grades ahead of my writing level. I supposedly made stories so funny in grade 2 and 3, even my teachers would crack up. I was constantly being asked to read my stories again, won an award at the Author Author program in the university of guelph in grade 4, then afterward, stopped pursuing it. Why, you ask? Simple: Video games . . . . Why bother writing novellas when I could play mario kart?

..........................I hate my past.

We had a kid like that in our math program here, man, at first it was embarrasing to have an eleven year old kid vastly outperform you in multidimensional calculus. Then you realize he hasn't even reached sexual maturity, and then you don't mind as much...

I agree with Geek, though, I did wonder what he would be doing given that he's gone that far, that fast, and I wonder the same for this kid. Poor tyke. Hopefully he really enjoys it, and he's not just doing it because he's so brilliant.

I have a friend who graduated college at age 14. He's insanely smart...but his mid-teens to early twenties WERE his childhood years.

He's still insanely smart, but I guess he realized that he didn't want an "abnormal" life so he has a wife and kid and works as a computer programmer at a small company.

Oh great...another one...do we really need to know about things like this?

anonymo do they make you feel small?

More or less...just reminds me that I'm no longer 8...and still not nearly a physics genius :(

Although I can do highly advanced calculus in my head a blinding speeds...then again anyone who can catch a football can do this... <_<