Shall we keep de_office??

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not the Lead Admin on Scopeless so I can't change it, but I wanted to see what the concensus was on this map.

I liked it at first cause it was new and fresh. Now I find it baddly unballanced.

Studying the map, it is clear that office is designed as a camping map with T spawn as a semi secure camping location for hosties.

The "office" part of office has always been designed for use by CT as a spearhead into the complex...even in cs_office, the terrorists know better than to go in there unless in vast numbers due to the lack of cover and few safe entry points.

Right way this area is given as a bombsite to which T's can reach long before CT's can get to it. Now that the far Garage door is open, it makes the trek that much shorter for T's. The blockage of widows by cabinets is a novel thought, but not effective. The fact that they block entrance into site A from areas not so tightly controlled by T's effectively leave only two avenues of counter attack: The door, or flank behind the T's. This is not impossible, but because the T's can reach the bombsite an plant almost immediately after roundstart that gives CTs only 30 seconds to flank from the garage, dispatch all terrorists guarding the site (which at this point is most of the team) and defuse...so you're up a creek if you dont have a kit.

Site B....is usually rushed after CT's realize they need to send 3/4 of the team to site A the remaining defenders get killed in the rush. And once the bomb is planted, the T's again hold an area that was designed to be difficult to take and very difficult to take on the clock.

Not impossible...but the fun factor isn't there. I liken it to Dust.

That is my humble, if not overly developed, opinion.

I didn't get a chance to play the doom map, my connection bit the big one before.

I'm sadly aware that de_office is in the evenings, which is when I play. This weekend was a blast with the old cs_office.

I like lost_temple as much as clan mill they are both great additions to the rotation.

I really liked that doom map. Somebody's gotta find Ice's hidey hole though. He kept killing me and I don't where from!

I still like losttemple and I agree that it's time for de_office to go. cs_office_extended is pretty good though.

it would "figure" if you got rid of de_office, as you got rid of css_galleria. Antoher map I really liked. there's nothing wrong with de_office. The problem is, the CTs are stupid and rush down that front hallway towards the front stairs to the T spawn. Then, they get owned by whomever is standing in that "sniper" window from T spawn. (most of the time, me, as it's a guaranteed 10 kills per map cuz they are all HS)

they made the back way to get to bombsite A for a reason... as to NOT get your head blown off in that hallway.

True, the Ts can get to the bombsite A faster than the CTs... but not really... (i.e. if the CTs go the back way, and bring more than 2 people). Again, this map is not unlike any other CS map... people just need to use better tactics.

it's the same way with Brillow and cs_office. He camps in CT spawn, an inevitably kills about 3-4 Ts per round. Are people going to complain about this? NO, because it's the Ts that are being stupid in this case, and Brillow is simply taking advantage... kind of like me in that window.

Please keep this map, it's a nice twist from cs_office. I like non-regular maps... keeps the game "new"... which is why that DOOM map kicks so much arse!

Edited by {.s.D.s.} R!c0

The difference between the rushes:

cs_office: It's not the terrorists goal to rush the CT's out the back by the garage, if they do so it puts them in a poor position defense wise and most people have learned to take advantage of this. I agree that I too take advantage of this.

de_office: The CT have to rush site A as quickly as possible in order to avoid an instant bomb plant after round start. Yep, its not impossible if you have a few players do this. The addition of the back hallway is nice. It does put you in line of the starwell room where T's plink of AK rounds at you pretty constantly.

Rico: Much love, I'm not making it a point to dislike maps you like and are good at. I'm just putting up a poll to get the majority's concensus. So far it says they dont much care for it. I am also for new maps, but only new maps that are fairly balanced and intuitive. I do have a special place for the original maps.

I actually voted keep em both. At the beginning I hated it cause my mind kept thinking it's a cs_office and didn't wanna change, so I kept getting killed because I mistimed rushes and everything else. Now, I sorta like it cause it's well done and it's pretty cool that it's in the dark and very similar to cs map. Concerning the one-sidedness....I'm not sure, CTs gotta be smart and send half the team to A right away, so yeah it can be unbalanced but just like dust and aztec it can be fully balanced if both sides play smart.

On the other note, I definitely want to see more maps in the rotation. I'm tired of playing cbble, aztec, italy and then cbble again. I think evening rotation should be a little different than the primetime rotation but not that drastic...I'd love to see some of those custom maps like cpl or whatever and some of those dope maps from last custom night wouldn't be bad either

Sorry if you found it timely to read this

The difference between the rushes:

cs_office:  It's not the terrorists goal to rush the CT's out the back by the garage, if they do so it puts them in a poor position defense wise and most people have learned to take advantage of this.  I agree that I too take advantage of this.

de_office:  The CT have to rush site A as quickly as possible in order to avoid an instant bomb plant after round start.  Yep, its not impossible if you have a few players do this.  The addition of the back hallway is nice.  It does put you in line of the starwell room where T's plink of AK rounds at you pretty constantly.

but what makes this any different than de_chateau? I know you don't have that map in the rotation... but it's the same idea. it's simply one of the few de_maps that give the Ts the advantage.

i agree with Vovik, I like different maps. the same stuff over and over is a bore...which is why i dislike italy so much. That and I get pwnt. (not last night tho :spin2: )

also, the LAST thing GC servers need to worry about is "more traffic"... don't think i've ever seen servers so popular... it's hours of waiting to get to 23/27 so that I can join... and then PRAY that I don't get kicked by a joining .gc member before someone else joins... i always get kicked....

:puppy_dog_eyes:

chateau is a fun map, but not alot of servers have it in the rotation. probably b/c not alot of pubbers are familiar w/ it.

"WHAT? This isn't a dust map, or office, or italy, or assault! What's going on here."- pubber who does not like variety interfering w/ his robotic tactics

Honestly, I can do without de_chateau. I've played it some, and for some reason just don't like it. Other than a few maps I don't like though, to me the more variety the better, even if that means each map only gets played once every 3 or 4 hours. The addition of maps like de_office, css_galleria, de_cpl_fire, de_clan_mill, de_losttemple and others is great, and I won't mind losing some from the rotation, but I think playing a good variety of maps is key to a good experience.

also, the LAST thing GC servers need to worry about is "more traffic"... don't think i've ever seen servers so popular... it's hours of waiting to get to 23/27 so that I can join... and then PRAY that I don't get kicked by a joining .gc member before someone else joins... i always get kicked....

:puppy_dog_eyes:

This is the whole point...you're supposed to become a member :D

I really liked that doom map. Somebody's gotta find Ice's hidey hole though. He kept killing me and I don't where from!

I still like losttemple and I agree that it's time for de_office to go. cs_office_extended is pretty good though.

office_extended was cool. It basically took the shortcomings of cs_office and tried to rectify them by giving CT a route into some of the T camping spots. It seemed to allow/force T's to move out instead of camping hosties.

i liked de_office for like 1 round, and then came to the same conclusion as the first poster... It is way too one sided.

SS

office_extended was cool.  It basically took the shortcomings of cs_office and tried to rectify them by giving CT a route into some of the T camping spots. It seemed to allow/force T's to move out instead of camping hosties.

i liked de_office for like 1 round, and then came to the same conclusion as the first poster... It is way too one sided.

SS

office_extended is horribly unbalanced. Ts don't know where to expect CTs, they just come from everywhere. Also, all the camping spots are gone. What's the point of adding extra space if gameplay worsens?