The Beauty of CS

Whitney

You have found a whole new reason for me to play. Well.. not really. Cuz, everytime I take the time to look at something pretty, I get shot in the head. :( But... They are nice pictures. Pleasant. Something other than a dead guy.

Mine's only 1280x1024 8xAF 2xAA. I could bump it up, but then I might not be able to keep 60+ fps.

Whit, I like 'em.

I used to map stuff like that in Half-Life, long, long ago.

It didn't matter if the map had a decent framerate, was playable, or complete, or even had more than one spawn. It just had to look as good as the engine could possibly be. I used to spend hours mapping terrain that looked like the stuff in HL2, except now they have a really, really easy system for it.

They're called AFAS maps - Art For Art's Sake. There are actually competitions on different forums where you submit screenshots of your map, or submit your map where you can't run around, but just look around from the spawn point, even if you spawn 3 stories in the air. Some have prizes, some are just for kicks and practice, but they're all fun.

s939 AMD 3000+, 1GB DDR3200, dual-channel, x800XL soft-clocked, 300GB SATA drive with a 16MB buffer, Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum and a rock-solid MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard, running XP Pro64.

Few upgrades to go, like an AMD X2 4400+ before summer, another gig of RAM, and the like.

(edited)
s939 AMD 3000+, 1GB DDR3200, dual-channel, x800XL soft-clocked, 300GB SATA drive with a 16MB buffer, Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum and a rock-solid MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard, running XP Pro64.

Few upgrades to go, like an AMD X2 4400+ before summer, another gig of RAM, and the like.

Yeah, I was wondering about that...wouldn't your current proc (3000+) be limiting your vid card?

*edit: btw, I don't know the answer to that question, i'm asking

Edited by Vovik

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
yup cs:s is quite amazing!! can't wait till these new maps come out  even better but cream my computer?

Nuke!!! By far my favorite De map of all time. HDR too!!

Yes, a little. Truth is, just about anything above a 9600XT is CPU limited in an average PC. I gave mine away to a friend when I upgraded, and it's performing way better for him than it ever did for me. Of course, his CPU's about 1GHz faster than my old one.

Meh, as long as I've got a steady framerate around 60fps, I'm totally happy.

Edited by Norguard

What map is the second one?

GC needs to play more new custom maps, that would be fun. Like some night time maps.

Oh and my system specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 1.46Ghz

768 MB DDR3200

80 GB 7200 rpm hard drive

AND I KNOW I AM BOTTLE NECKING THIS!!

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB

I ran out of money suddenly when upgrading my comp. Its sad since that i have never used the full power of my graphics card

I run at 1024X768

No AA

No AF

And everything LOW

I get about 50 FPS

when magruter opens up on me i get 10-5 FPS

GC needs to play more new custom maps, that would be fun. Like some night time maps.

768 MB DDR3200

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB

I ran out of money suddenly when upgrading my comp. Its sad since that i have never used the full power of my graphics card

I run at 1024X768

No AA

No AF

And everything LOW

I get about 50 FPS

oh my, that's crazy bottlenecking I'm getting 60 fps on (mostly) high settings at 1152x864 with Radeon9500pro which should be much worse than your 'best' 8pipe videocard. Of course I get an advantage of ATI working better with Source but getting down to '10-5 FPS' that's just sad. I'm sure there's a cheap alternative for your 1700+ to get full potential of 6600GT

768 MB DDR3200

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB

I run at 1024X768

No AA

No AF

And everything LOW

I get about 50 FPS

oh my, that's crazy bottlenecking I'm getting 60 fps on (mostly) high settings at 1152x864 with Radeon9500pro which should be much worse than your 'best' 8pipe videocard. Of course I get an advantage of ATI working better with Source but getting down to '10-5 FPS' that's just sad. I'm sure there's a cheap alternative for your 1700+ to get full potential of 6600GT

I had a radeon 9500 pro but it blew out in a storm and took my monitor with it.

Its hard to find a good 32 pin processer from a good company like newegg. they dont even sell 32 pin processers anymore. just on remanufactured models.

i dont want to upgrade to 64 bit because my graph card is AGP

the cpl_fire one with the thingy ma jiggies in the tunnels thingys.

Ok don't be hatin sorry it's no perfect golly gee!. jeez don't be hatin on my computer. Ugh.

Thanks whitney. Wouldnt it be sweet if there was a GC server that had constant custom maps? and the ocational normal map change from the admin?