Goldeneye Source

mookie

I posted de_goldeneye_library_beta to CSBanana, and guess what someone's comments led me to?

Goldeneye

Source

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

Apparently someone's been working on making a Goldeneye mod of HL2, and it's allegedly going to release an Alpha around Christmas. Woo!

Just thought some might like to know. I hadn't heard anything about this.

• 6 months later...

I know this is really old, but for anyone who plays this I would like to just announce some terrible news...

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/index.php?o...ntpage&Itemid=1

The mod leader, Nickster just passsed away last week on May 24th, 2006. I personally didn't know him, but I would like to just bump this post in case people wanted to see. He was a great modder, and he will be missed

R.I.P. Nickster

Sad news. Is this mod out yet?

There is an alpha version that you can download, I just downloaded it a few days a go and it's pretty good. It's still buggy and usually only 1 high ping server up but we should see if we can get a server of this going during FF :D.

:( bummer

we had a couple goldeneye source servers going out after the first alpha released. it only had a few maps and even fewer weapons. it was fun...for a bit.

yea, only fun for a bit

GC Alumni
(edited)
Hi,

I can't tell you how impressed I have been reading the posts.The majority of them are moving and touching. This message is to you but you can post whatever information I give you. The prayer posted by lo-fi and the entire post by jeo (May 26,302am) were used at Nick's service. The service was beautiful. It made us all realize the gift we had lost. The comments by the people who knew him were humorous,uplifting and enlightening. You could tell how many people he had touched in a posistive way.

As most of you know from communicating with him over time Nick was an intelligent,funny and caring person. Nick has been fighting the dark side of depression since his early teens. This event has been replayed in his mind for as long as I can remember. Nick had been in and out of treatment many times over the years. I credit his mom,brother and sister for never giving up on him. His family has always been there for him through this all. Anyone getting to know him would never know. He hid this dreppression from the world very well, even us. We really believed he was over the hurdle for a long time now. We will really never know the pain and sadness or loneliness he was feeling.

There's been a little confusion on exactly what happened. I was a little upset with some of the posts I read on Digg. but I realize this is the internet. Nick lived in a side by side townhouse. The house on the other side was vacant. He started the grill in the empty apartment next door in the bathroom. I dont believe there was ever any intention for there to be a fire. According to the fire inspector Nick was long dead before the fire started. He just went to sleep from carbon monoxide poisoning.

I hope this clears some things up. I'm findind writing this message to be very helpful in helping me cope. Nick twisted my arm for years to get me to play half life. I've gotten to know and play with some great people. I can't tell you what it means to me to read all the wonderful things people have been writing about Nick. From the bottom of my heart i know Nick didn't want any of us to be sad.

In our thoughts and prayers. God Bless

Don Bishop (007_sr)

Didn't know how it happened until I read this. Kind of a stupid move on his part.

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...
Didn't know how it happened until I read this. Kind of a stupid move on his part.

O.O;; The man died and you're going to call him stupid? Let him rest in peace!

I encountered this mod a while ago, just before he died IIRC. I nearly jumped out of my seat when I saw Goldeneye getting redone. I can't wait for the public beta to come out with more weapons & maps that CSS ever had in beta!

Wow that's really sad...

RIP Nickster!

The Goldeneye mod for source is amazing! They did an excellent job! I like how you can crank all the effects and still get really high FPS, that coupled with throwing knives and you got yourself a great game! Considering how long this has been out and how well it played when released, I wouldn't be suprised at all to see the Alpha floating along soon enough...