Rest of Ballroom Purchased

Fatty

Not only will our gamers have more elbow room this year, you're going to have quite a bit more room to navigate around the ballroom. Today I requested that Holiday Inn rewrite the proposal to include the other half of the ballrooms.

In the image below, you'll see ballrooms 1-3, which was our main room last year, and ballroom 6, which was our hospitality room.

This year, we will have all the ballrooms open, with #4 closed off as our hospitality room. Those of you that were there last year will recall the hallway that runs down between the ballrooms. All of those walls will be removed and we'll have one large open space!

holidayinnlayout.jpg

I'm going to leave the seating chart as is for the time being. The basic layout should remain the same, but as always, when we go to set up, things could change that would hopefully benefit everyone.

Hopefully the purchase of the other ballrooms won't replace the line for t-shirts in the budget.....that's dependent on the number of players and/or any event sponsors that we aquire.

I did this because I think the extra space will make for a lot of positive changes, including:

-more space for projectors for viewing tourneys, potentially relocating the gamers for the final tourney to a couple tourney tables

-more ease to move around and visit/observe other gamers

-ability to see the poker tourney, etc, from the gaming area

-space to set up some console gaming areas

-hospitality room can be for food/drink only

-ceiling limit for number of gamers is no longer 96.