CGTD == stackers?

Being on the receiving end of a GCTD visitation, I can say it ain't much fun if GCTD == team stacking. Is this really the GC way?

I thought the original idea was to take over a server with people on both teams, to fill the server up with GC members and cause non-members to redirect. Instead, tonight it seemed more about getting an Mmmm stack going. Quite frustrating on the opposing team.

Warpig said the teams were pretty even, but I disagree completely. It was quite unblanced and you're all coordinating well on TS to boot. That's great, and could be fun, if the CGTD love was spread to both sides.

Did anyone request the teams to be balanced in-game? Im sure they would be if you guys just asked.

Not exactly. I did say "Mmmm stack, fun!". It was all Mmmm and all GCTD on Terrorist side. Does someone really have to ask for this to be corrected? Someone should have realized that as the score was a blowout they should have switched. One Mmmm member did eventually.

Anyway, it sounds like the problem has been acknowledged. Plus, when I caught up with the Tour on another server the teams were balanced, so maybe this was just a fluke.

Cheers,

Tim

GC Alumni

I'd imagine this probably was just a fluke, or possibly an example of stacking the hard side (not sure if you said what map, but I think you said T which would seem reasonable). As people joined and players were kicked, if it just happened that they mostly got kicked from a particular side then that's just the way it goes, and if this was on #3 then I think all you can even do is auto-assign.

EDIT: BTW love the "=="

Edited by mookie

Point taken.

The initial thought was that playing as a team on our own servers for 1 map isn't asking much. In hindsight, it was rather inconsiderate to the remainder of players on server #2 (GC members who did not participate or pubbers that managed not to get kicked).

TS was not an issue. Players with TS were on both teams and that negated any perceived advantage. Even if it was a case where TS was involved with 1 team, we had enough admins on to make sure ghosting didn't happen.

It was only an open channel to laugh, and man did we laugh.

I'm taking up a collection to buy BBandit a $20 mic/headphone set. :D

Sorry to ruin that 1 map for you TB, I doubt we'll co-ord that way the next time.

Jump on the wagon next time around and laugh with us for a couple of hours.

I dont see a big deal, there is major stacking on a daily basis from GC and non GC good regulars, so if our guys wanna hop server to server and play a map as a team, then so be it, its not like they hang out all night on one server and destroy everyone all night.

The other thing is, what map what is it? Did they play the hard side? If they did play the hard side, then its even more acceptable, actually, it USED to be an unwritten rule that all GC stacked the hard side of the map and let joe pubber have the easy side.

All I know for sure is, I wanna be on the next tour :D

No, he's correct, I'll admit it. Although the one on office was a bit sketchy. AWPer to my left as I was firing decided to get up and run in the middle of my fire. Oops I guess. Either way, it is correct, I TKed at least once every map. Oh and the Duke TK was on purpose, I plan on TKing him at least once every time I see him in a server.

No, he's correct, I'll admit it.  Although the one on office was a bit sketchy.  AWPer to my left as I was firing decided to get up and run in the middle of my fire.  Oops I guess.  Either way, it is correct, I TKed at least once every map.  Oh and the Duke TK was on purpose, I plan on TKing him at least once every time I see him in a server.

Kill or be killed is how it's gonna play out, eh?

LOL! Bring it, Junior. With a 'fro like yours I should have no problem finding you first!

No admin slaps just straight up knives and guns. BTW, guns are those larger metal thingys that go "BANG!, BANG!". You seemed confused by that last night...

I dont see a big deal, there is major stacking on a daily basis from GC and non GC good regulars, so if our guys wanna hop server to server and play a map as a team, then so be it, its not like they hang out all night on one server and destroy everyone all night.

The other thing is, what map what is it? Did they play the hard side? If they did play the hard side, then its even more acceptable, actually, it USED to be an unwritten rule that all GC stacked the hard side of the map and let joe pubber have the easy side.

All I know for sure is, I wanna be on the next tour :D

i believe the map was 3rd street. I didnt think the teams were too bad, we just had people that didnt have mics to call it out so when the bomb was planted we were at the other site. i think 3rd street is a fairly even map.