Post your DESK (not desktop)

J. Dunlavy

What environment do you game in? Some of you, I'm sure, put up with the smell of cats and old food, while others probably play Counter Strike on a cluttered desk with a crappy monitor. Either way, I'm curious to see the machine that gets you online and pwning...

The way you keep your desk says a lot about you.

Oh, and don't CLEAN your desk and then post. Take a picture as is.

post-1750-1136941073_thumb.jpg

Usually, I get a little more clutter when I'm doing bookwork or coding.

P.S. Notice my wonky mic setup.

Edited by J. Dunlavy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

My... god... that's messy. But cool looking. About my mic: It's from the freakin eighties. I'd say most of my equipment is somewhat bleeding edge (GPU being the weakest link being a 9800 Pro OCed), but that microphone I've had since I was a kid (first computer). It's always worked, and people CLAIM they can hear me just fine... so I keep it around. My heaphones themselves are just too awesome to use a boom-headset.

I didn't think anyone noticed my cal entry.

BTW, are those music or game CDs?

Edited by J. Dunlavy

i'd like to see the week after pic, please. still nice and clean?

er, um, I'll get right on that. Fat told me today was national clean off your desk day. I never went downstairs today.... Its quite a mess atm actuallye because I got about half way through reorganizing and then the work week started. Back to it over the next weekend and it will be squeeky clean like JD after his bath.

Fun little side note. Wife and I are contemplating a move back east in a year or so. We've been checking out houses and stuff on line. We were looking at one that said the office was 8' x 8'.... := ...I couldn't even fit my desk in there!!!!!

What environment do you game in?  Some of you, I'm sure, put up with the smell of cats and old food, while others probably play Counter Strike on a cluttered desk with a crappy monitor.  Either way, I'm curious to see the machine that gets you online and pwning...

The way you keep your desk says a lot about you.

Oh, and don't CLEAN your desk and then post.  Take a picture as is.

post-1750-1136941073_thumb.jpg

Usually, I get a little more clutter when I'm doing bookwork or coding.

P.S.  Notice my wonky mic setup.

that dinosaur lamp is awesome

(edited)

Cripes. I just lay on my bed with a laptop, with the only cords being my power cord, cable, mouse and headphones. I'm all snug in my blankets right now after a hard night's work, ready to hit the sack after some quick forum spamming.

And yes, that means I play CS lying down. Beat that!!

Edited by Saris

She should switch to diet then...

Diet Mtn. Dew is disgusting.....Its the only diet version of a drink that I can't stand

Sorry it's so blurry...can't figure it out...i must be shakey

<nerd response> Looks like you either need a flash or more light. Most likely the your camera used a slower shutter speed to make up for the lack of light, thus making it more suceptable to blur do to camera shake.</end nerd response>

I like that case on the table strange! I want that for my new computer case

Thanks I'm thinking about gettign rid of it, if you look to the right of it you'll see the identical case but in black with green lights. That's the girlfriends.

That pictures a little out-dated I replaced the middle pc with a media center edition in a fragbox saves some space and it's much quieter.

I'm thinking about putting my main machine inside a fragbox now too. They're awesome.

(edited)
I like that case on the table strange! I want that for my new computer case

Thanks I'm thinking about gettign rid of it, if you look to the right of it you'll see the identical case but in black with green lights. That's the girlfriends.

That pictures a little out-dated I replaced the middle pc with a media center edition in a fragbox saves some space and it's much quieter.

I'm thinking about putting my main machine inside a fragbox now too. They're awesome.

Man, that would be sweet for folding with those comps.

Edited by Kruten