who is profoundly retarded?

lazarus

so for about 1 year, i havent had my mic working. it is attached to my audio 90's, which i like for the price. so i have resigned myself to typing all my quips and team commands and such. ive actually gotten really good at typing REAL fast.

BUT today, i was looking at my volume control on the wire leading from the headphones. "huh?" i thought. "there's something else on the controller besides the knob for volume....i wonder what it is?"

"weird. it kinda looks like the microphone icon with a line going thru it. AND its flicked into that position...."

EPIPHANY! BONZAI! LIGHT BULB!

so i flick the switch to the "on" position, test it out and my mic works fine.......

so i got tested today, and i turns out i AM profoundly dumb......1 year of my life....gone. sad :bang::(

ps- so the only downside to this, is that yall will be hearing the sultry sounds of my asian voice very soon...sorry :)

Edited by lazarus

ps- so the only downside to this, is that yall will be hearing the sultry sounds of my asian voice very soon...sorry :)

You can't be asian... because I'M asian!

:lol: yeah... us azns don't make mistakes like that :rolleyes:

Yeah, us asians know our technology.

LAZ IS AN IMPOSTER!

LOL! You dont even sound asian. Thats why i didnt think you looked the way you do.

(edited)

I don't like the "r" word being used like this. I know, too much pc going on in the world, but there are those who know, or deal with kids with special needs all day. The word being dropped in an offensive manner is just that, offensive. I could continue with this point of view, but sincerely hope that most of us can see this perspective without me going into it.

So, while I am not going to scream and moan as if you dropped every unapproved word in the .gc language, I will kindly ask that we refrain from using it in the title of our posts. Thanks!

Edited by duma

nut
(edited)
so for about 1 year, i havent had my mic working. it is attached to my audio 90's, which i like for the price. so i have resigned myself to typing all my quips and team commands and such. ive actually gotten really good at typing REAL fast.

BUT today, i was looking at my volume control on the wire leading from the headphones. "huh?" i thought. "there's something else on the controller besides the knob for volume....i wonder what it is?"

"weird. it kinda looks like the microphone icon with a line going thru it. AND its flicked into that position...."

EPIPHANY! BONZAI! LIGHT BULB!

so i flick the switch to the "on" position, test it out and my mic works fine.......

so i got tested today, and i turns out i AM profoundly dumb......1 year of my life....gone. sad :bang::(

how did you live without a mic for a month?

and

nice one ya dummie

NuT- o0oo0oo0o

Edited by Capt.Coconut

I don't like the "r" word being used like this. I know, too much pc going on in the world, but there are those who know, or deal with kids with special needs all day. The word being dropped in an offensive manner is just that, offensive. I could continue with this point of view, but sincerely hope that most of us can see this perspective without me going into it.

So, while I am not going to scream and moan as if you dropped every unapproved word in the .gc language, I will kindly ask that we refrain from using it in the title of our posts. Thanks!

roger dodger! :hug:

roger dodger! :hug:

Danke! :peace:

I agree that it shouldn't be used in the title of posts, however at the same time, simply by classifying some person as different regardless of whether a doctor has done so or not, puts them into a category where they are made to feel less human then they actually are. I for one believe that if you want equality, then you should refrain from classifications all together. I find it offensive when others classify someone as "mentally handicapped" or "physically challenged". In reality, we are all "mentally handicapped" and "physically challenged" to a certain degree. I for one cannot understand the complex formulas used by Einstien to reach his theory of relativity, nor am I able to dunk a basketball like Shaq, which means I am both "mentally" and "physically" handicapped comparatively. I personally don't like being pitied because I can't understand advanced mathematics or because I can't jump really high, and I doubt those with the misfortune of being labeled "mentally" or "physically" handicapped like it either. So, in conclusion, keep in mind what you are doing when you quip at others about the use of classifications and their offensiveness to people you label as such and such, because in doing so you are classifying those who you are attempting to protect as sub-human, which I would think, is counter-productive to your cause.

For the purpose of this post, I would like to point out that it only appears that this is what duma is doing, where infact the exact meaning of his post does not reflect the meaning that I took from it. Duma is in no way attempting to "quip" at anyone, duma is above that. He is merely upholding the standards of GC, where I am merely trying to promote equality by pointing out the shortcomings of the way society treats its own kind.

I hope this clears things up for people. Please remember that this does not give one license to start using words like the "r" word referred to in the topic title, as regardless of my "rant", it is still offensive to others who do not completely understant the matter. We do not wish to offend anyone, even out of misunderstanding, so please use restraint.

I would now like to reference an episode of "Sienfeld", particularly the "anti-dentite" episode. I do not see the need to repeat the exact lines from the show, but you will remember the very ending, at the wedding, and what happens to Jerry. I feel this scene shows the importance of all or nothing when it concerns labelling and classifying people. You can't label some people and not others, you can only lable all people and not complain or no one and complain all you want. I personally prefer the latter, where I am able to call anyone anything I want without the fear of offending any party, however that is just an ideal and we all know about ideals. I'd like to now finally conclude (for the second time) with a quote.

We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach.

Bertrand Russell

I agree that it shouldn't be used in the title of posts, however at the same time, simply by classifying some person as different regardless of whether a doctor has done so or not, puts them into a category where they are made to feel less human then they actually are. I for one believe that if you want equality, then you should refrain from classifications all together. I find it offensive when others classify someone as "mentally handicapped" or "physically challenged". In reality, we are all "mentally handicapped" and "physically challenged" to a certain degree. I for one cannot understand the complex formulas used by Einstien to reach his theory of relativity, nor am I able to dunk a basketball like Shaq, which means I am both "mentally" and "physically" handicapped comparatively. I personally don't like being pitied because I can't understand advanced mathematics or because I can't jump really high, and I doubt those with the misfortune of being labeled "mentally" or "physically" handicapped like it either. So, in conclusion, keep in mind what you are doing when you quip at others about the use of classifications and their offensiveness to people you label as such and such, because in doing so you are classifying those who you are attempting to protect as sub-human, which I would think, is counter-productive to your cause.

For the purpose of this post, I would like to point out that it only appears that this is what duma is doing, where infact the exact meaning of his post does not reflect the meaning that I took from it. Duma is in no way attempting to "quip" at anyone, duma is above that. He is merely upholding the standards of GC, where I am merely trying to promote equality by pointing out the shortcomings of the way society treats its own kind.

I hope this clears things up for people. Please remember that this does not give one license to start using words like the "r" word referred to in the topic title, as regardless of my "rant", it is still offensive to others who do not completely understant the matter. We do not wish to offend anyone, even out of misunderstanding, so please use restraint.

I would now like to reference an episode of "Sienfeld", particularly the "anti-dentite" episode. I do not see the need to repeat the exact lines from the show, but you will remember the very ending, at the wedding, and what happens to Jerry. I feel this scene shows the importance of all or nothing when it concerns labelling and classifying people. You can't label some people and not others, you can only lable all people and not complain or no one and complain all you want. I personally prefer the latter, where I am able to call anyone anything I want without the fear of offending any party, however that is just an ideal and we all know about ideals. I'd like to now finally conclude (for the second time) with a quote.

We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side: one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach.

Bertrand Russell

Mo you made my brain hurt and i will be sending a collector for those few moment of my life to be retrieved...and whats with this trying to sound smart, i wanna know who is giving you these ideas of hope to let you think you can be intelligent!!!

I Feel your pain.

Now that you got your MIC working, we'll have to ignore you :biglaugha:

Don't feel bad - I (now) always check my MIC button. Of course, having everything

plugged into the front of the PC helps make sure that everything is in the correct port.

FWIW - I have been known to tear the whole PC down to later find out that the MIC

button was off. That is why I always check the button now. Talk about a Homer Moment. :bang:

Isn't technology wonderful?

LOL! You dont even sound asian. Thats why i didnt think you looked the way you do.

there is a sound to asians?!

do they say y'all and JaWantTo?¿