Computer Resources

Quatele

I've been talking with some of my west coast counterparts and most folks that are considering going and just stuck on one thing, brining our machines with us. I'll be flying out and I don't relish the idea of trusting an airline with my machine or my monitor. I'd hate to get there and spend me time twiddling my thumbs while I try to find a replacement motherboard or monitor.

I've heard tale of a rental sponsor? Has that materialized at all?

Of course, this would be a great excuse to buy a new laptop . . . or in reality a portable heat generator known as a desktop replacement laptop. . . .

{Q} (Quatele)

I caught some news on this yesterday and I believe we have a group that is going to rent some comps, however I do not believe they have worked out the pricing yet. Stay tuned, I'll do my best to prod Fatty to let you in on the details as soon as the negotiations are wrapped up.

I'm coming from Denver, CO. Although driving. However, my comp is old and if I don't come up with the cash to upgrade before FF I will be in the same boat as you. I'm waiting to hear as well. LOL

The systems we're speaking of:

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ processors

nForce4 motherboard

1GB of dual channel SDRAM

165GB Hard Drive

nVidia geforce 6600 GT video card PCI express

19" Envision CRT monitors

52x32x52 CD-R/W & 16x DVD drive combo

Plantronics Audio 90

Microsoft IntelliMouse N50-0000

You can see these specs over at: http://www.escapeplay.net/ by clicking on "Systems"

We just had this meeting on Saturday. We are awaiting a price from them.

Cool...can you also ask if they would have the ability to preload steam etc on them? Which may already be a question on your list:)

If you are going to be building a computer or two using some GC member parts I have a 9500pro I can bring with me

as well as a power supply

I'm still trying ot figure out if i really want to bring my PC ...still

How are you going to play? you going to beat up zest for his computer?

:)

Edited by Acid-Flux

If you are going to be building a computer or two using some GC member parts I have a 9500pro I can bring with me

as well as a power supply

I'm still trying ot figure out if i really want to bring my PC ...still

How are you going to play? you going to beat up zest for his computer?

:)

lol I heard his computer sucks... when i get their I'll ask Fatty to take me to the store for a wiffle bat... they might not let me on the plane with mine. I might just nab yours. *smirk*

Edited by EbilDustBunny

It's true. My computer sucks. The more ppl know that, the less ppl that will want to take it.

I agreed. Acid has a pretty nice and NEW setup! Not sure if a wiffel bat is gonna work... ya might be able to annoy him to death with it! ^_^

We are hashing out some details on this deal. We should have a price for you before long. Personally, I will probably rent one of these, as I have enough stuff to load and unload. I hate breaking down my PC.