team balance program

Demoner

There's another server that I like play on and it has an awesome autobalance. Its called Phathotep's Team Balancer and every round it checks the teams scores and will adjust the teams accordingly. It also prevents people from stacking so say a team is up 7-2 and its 11 people vs 10 people it won't let that new player to join the winning side since they already have 11. Personally sometimes I feel that gc could use such a program for there are times when teams get unbalanced and numbers are in favor in the already winning side. I also found out a better autobalance program is Eric's Team Balancer .

Anyone else think this would be possible for gc and whether its good or bad?

Well, farmer's issue seems to be the problem many people have with PTBx. Personally, I love it, but many people don't like getting switched from the winning to the losing side, to the point where they leave the server when it happens. It isn't perfect, but it's the best solution available.

One of my favorite things to see is when people get kicked for trying to join the winning team over and over.

For the record, I will always switch to the other team if things are getting unbalanced... thing is I do not see it very often on #1 lately. So many regs back that will gladly switch teams if needed. I have no problem playing with the losing team. Most often I am why they are the losing team.

Duma wants to play on West?!!

SJ, ban the P90 pronto, for all our stats' sake!

<hurries to action>

(un)fortunately PTBx is a pretty lightweight plugin. there are a few options you can configure, but it's nowhere near as complex as mani. what am i getting at? there's no immunity to the balance, and sometimes it sucks that you coming into the server can't join the losing team to help rally. once PTBx is at work, you kinda lose control of your team selection...which for the most part is good.

then again, it does NOT restrict admins from manually moving people with ma_swapteam command.

Witt, Im from West, and I taught Duma everything he knows about the p90 :)

Lies... all lies....

(starts packing tote bag with p90's)

Well... time to head out west to take care of some varmin claiming my fame.

:hug:

(starts packing tote bag with p90's)

May I be the first to say............lol

Tote bag!

Sure your wife wants you taking that thing all the way out west?

Ah yes, and now you will be the first person to fall to my p90. The tote bag is camouflage, and a perfect fit for my p90.

I am using the "I don't need plastic or paper, I have my tote bag - bag." This makes you less concerned about what might be in that bag. Comparativly, should I have used duffle bag, you might have wondered.

The size of the bag is perfect too. I can just reach in an pull one out. If I had the duffle bag, I would have to unzip it first.

Now who is laughing, Mr.I-can't-see-why-he-would-use-such-a-bag.

Edited by duma

yeah.. ive played in the west server... and it seems that everything is different, since the server name change... when people type nextmap it dosent show up... what the next one is and the team balanceing is messed up.. ive played with 8vs13 before.. was redicoulus

NuT- :luxhello::luxhello:

yeah.. ive played in the west server... and it seems that everything is different, since the server name change... when people type nextmap it dosent show up... what the next one is and the team balanceing is messed up.. ive played with 8vs13 before.. was redicoulus

NuT- :luxhello::luxhello:

"seemed. it seemed that everything was different."

you're talking about the 2 days when mani, ptbx, csp, and every other plugin was uninstalled. ptbx won't allow teamsize's to differ by more than 3.

i think it's called PTBx correct demoner? yeah i think that it is in use on west, an i agree, i like it. i like it becausse, unlike other servers, it doesn't kill you when it wants to switch you, you still get to keep your gun and stuff.

i also like the way that it keeps the teams even, skill wise, by putting better players on the losing team, even if it isn't player even. good program, i agree, it would be an asset to GC. another plugin i think would be SWEET: that one that tells you attackers and damage given after you die. i like that one. also, i think betting would be totally radical... i always hear people asking how they can bet.

just a few of my ideas.

that one that tells you attackers and damage given after you die. i like that one. also, i think betting would be totally radical... i always hear people asking how they can bet.
the midwest servers may have this enabled. type "damage" or "settings" in chat. the damage report is a built in feature of mani, but it's up to each server whether or not they use it. any additional tracking done by the plugin is a hit on the resources, and when you use up to much, bad, bad things happen.

the bet/counter-bet (bet ct all) was tried on recrud, but it's a buggy plugin and crashed the server like mad.

For the record, I will always switch to the other team if things are getting unbalanced... thing is I do not see it very often on #1 lately. So many regs back that will gladly switch teams if needed. I have no problem playing with the losing team. Most often I am why they are the losing team.

I laughed out loud.. most people switch to the losing side to help them out.. farmer switches to the winning side to help the losing team out.. :hug:

i think an autobalancer would prove itself useful on #1 and #2. Also, it would be "neat-o" if we could program it to link with a player's total, accumulated stats and balance accordingly, rather then simply by the player's current score.