Are you a fighter?

*BiGBonES**

• 1 month later...

While size doesn't also win the fight, it does come in handy more than enough. Being a young boy of size, it's always nice to be able to apply more pressure or strength on someone when it comes time to take off the gloves and throw down.

I've been in my fair share of fights in my day, and while I'm a big guy, I'm not much of a puncher. Ive taken a good amount of self-defense classes/martial arts and I always find I can kick someone face in a lot easier than punching it in. And from my years of wrestling and judo, I'm more than adaquete at throwing and using an enemy's momentum against themselves.

A 1 vs 1 fight mauy be the hardest in my opinion, cause your oppenent is extremely focused on you. But at the same time, you only have to deal with one threat instead of multiple. If he's your size a good punch to the face is almost always a one-hit-wonder-kind-of-deal. Most people talk a lot of trash and single punch in the face is usually enough to get someone to shut up and back down. However if he still fights back then a lot of wrestling moves such as Head-N-Arm throws can be used to throw them by, or even a headlock to disable them from any kind of attack while you hit them or subdue them some other way.

As for a 3 on 1 fight. They can get trickey. A straight up punch isn't going to win these kinds of fights. You have to sort of do a hit-and-run tactic with these fights. If you concentrate on a single oppenent for to long, even for more than one hit, then you will get jumped by the other enemies. It has to be lotsa fast hits , I personally recommend many strong kicks as your legs are long and they will keep other oppenents at theri distance while you deal with a single one at a time. It has to be quick hits, jumping from oppenent to oppenent.

From wrestling and fighting and judo and all that fun stuff I've done in the years past, generating angles on a person is an extremely important aspet of fighting. Facing someone head-on may sound brave and dashing, but your going to get your skull bashed in. By keeping an angle on a enemy, they are open in all the delicate spots for you to attack. That doesnt mean karate chop them in the groin, but you can punch their ribs, face, kidneys, and any sensitive spot much easier. Plus by keeping angles on them you can avoid their attacks eaiser and attack them more often.

And punches and kicks are not your only options in a fight. Dont go around choking people left and right, but you can use elbows, knees, headbutts, grabs, holds, to fend for yourself. Twisting an oppenenrs arm at the wrist for example doesnt allow them to use that arm as you can break/dislocate it easily from there, this makes anyone despite their size freeze up for good or long enough for you to get a few hits in. Taking someone's hand and pushing it downwars extremely far also can break a wrist, but only if youre in a lifeanddeath situation.

If it's a fight for pride or anything like that, then fight with honor. No groin-kicks, or eye poking. If you are fighting for your life, then bite, poke, groin-kick, punch, kick, and rip out eyeballs to survive.

Ah boy, the pikey's are starting to come into the swimming pool that I work at, and as they are all antisocial complete and utter idiotic slobs (putting it kindly) I hope none of them try to beat me up when I tell them not to dive in backwards or break every other single rule that there is in the pool.

the thing is with pikeys that you cant fight them because theres always 1 or more, and they have a strong boxing culture so you know they are fighters. Despite this, everyone hates them so they have lots of fighting experience, and they are quick to anger. :=

Groups like that usually have only one or two people who can actually fight. So if you take out the alpha pikey maybe the others will flee?

Then again pal don't get beat up because of a group of idiots. If you tell them to stop or leave and they don't well you've done pretty much all you can do. Have them removed by authorities if need be.

why fight when you can run...

greatest victory is the battle not fought...

such and such

if you find yourself in a pickle, kick em really hard to the knee (which should drop them to their knees) and kick them in the side of the head. bada bing, bada boom, I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I used to do a Kung Fu class, and I thought it was great. Some of the most useful things you will get help with, are also passive, like the general toughness of your forearms, and shins. That helps a lot so you can take/deal a greater beating.

A great key for taking a class, is to get a private one, with no more than about 8 people. This gives you one-on-one training, and you will also be able to change what you do, according to what you feel the need for.

Another thing, if you go with big groups of people, make sure you have at least one good friend, that you know will stick up for you. Two people who have to win a fight, will do better than three that want to.

Edited by Chimmpp