Gaming with the significant other

Cobalt

What games do you people play with your significant others? My job is getting more demanding and my girlfriend is away at school and we were looking at something to do together across the internet? Counter-Strike isn't completely ruled out as an option but I tried to teach her once and she didn't seem to like it all that much. I think the reasoning behind it was that she didn't think she was that good but who knows. Thanks for your input!

Mario Party!!! The wife loves it... Oh and so doesn mom's which makes it that much better! Nothing like wasting a Saturday playing mario party..

hahahaha me and my sister play mario party... i need to new one.

maybe you guys should start a new game together? like go out or surf online and see if you two find something you both like.

My neighbor's kids played this game it's cute and has that RPG theme to it... seems like the cutier the creature is the more deadly they are. Never played it though http://www.mapleglobal.com/

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I THINK THATS THE LINK FOR MAPLE STORY! I don't even want to click on it. So many people I know have been sucked hopelessly into it...heheheeheh. Yeah, we actually do play Mario Party a lot when we are together but we are looking for something that we can play together over the internet. The quality of the game is drawn into question a little bit too because shes got a Dell Inspiron 5150. The memory and processor in it is enough to support most games but the GeForce Go FX 5200 32MB doesn't cut it for most games.

Matt (my boyfriend) used to play CS with me on GC servers a lot, but now he's into Guild Wars. I tried it for a while with him, but don't like it that much.

How can you not like Guild Wars?

Cap at level 20 (although I'm sure they'll change that soon), lack of RPG experience after you hit that gap (probably changed a little since expansion), no real desire to join a competitive guild and devote all my time to the game, the fact that it's incredibly hard to solo at a high level even if you have henchmen, the fact that specific builds/strategies are being abused in arena play, etc. I really don't like to strategize when picking skills, I just like to play for fun. I prefer meeting people out in the game-world, whereas in GW the only real place you meet people is in towns. True, there is no spawnkilling, but I am a very social person, as anyone who plays MW scopeless could tell you. :P

I'm thinking there is a cutoff out there somewhere...be it based on age, education, whatnot...

My wife is 5 years my Junior (I'm in my 30's) and she doesn't get it at all. Not only that, but she has her reality show thing. I imagine my reaction to insipid TV is about the same as her reaction to me fragging folks at midnight, yelling, and throwing beer cans at the wall when Lex, HWarrior, and Bushwack kill me repeatedly.

Games together?...right out.

My wife and I play Guild Wars together. Also played Neverwinter Nights and the expansions. One of our friends ran a mod where he DM'd it, and we had 5-6 people from the Us, Canada and the UK running around the dungeon together. That was a blast.

Other than that, she likes the "pay to play" games (I hate them for the stated reason that I already BOUGHT the game, I'm not going to keep buying it...) and I like FPS's which she's not as fond of.