Episode 1 June 1st

Guest zerodamage

There's a few specific places it crashes. I have to keep quicksaving it, and when I get to a place where it crashes, I have to put the -nosound command line in, restart the game, pass that part until I think the sound or what ever was making it crash is done, quicksave again, exit the game, take off the -nosound command line, restart the game normaly from my quicksave.

It's been about, 5 or 6 places so far and I'm maybe 1/2 to 1 hour done.

Infact, I'm not playing it right now because it JUST happend.'

I figure it is my sound card, not the 6.5 ATI drivers. It might be the drivers, but I don't think -nosound would fix any video problems.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have disabled my onboard sound. I did everyone on Valves silly support thing, even moved my soundcard to different PCI slots.

It's odd that this would start now. I have no problems with CSS, DODS, or even HL2 itself.

It just crashed again, so I give up.

On a bright side, no pun intended, it's fun to shine your flashlight in Alyx's eyes and watch her reaction.

when you get down to the core and take out one of the stalkers

oh great, you just spoiled it for me!!

Relax this is not that far into the game to be a spoiler. :peace:

I'm personally not even going to get it. From what valve said, it should be four hours of content. For twenty bucks, what are these episodes about? If they release enough episodes to be as long as Half life two that's 16 hours (how long took me and it took me four hours to beat Sin Episodes: Emergence) that would be 80 bucks. I'm sorry but I don't like this whole episode idea.

no crashes no problems lots and lots of "eye candy" and great playing smoothness after lost coast I was worried I have all everything cranked up to enjoy the effects and only once or twice during big explosion or something similar it would stutter for me but that is my system!

loving every minute of it! I am blown away-- worth every penny--( I think) I am almost done had to save and goto work but already played for 4.5 hours!

Well, I managed to fix it, somehow. It was Valve's fault all along.

Worked fine for me!

I'd just like to thank valve for making this so awesomely amazing! It was completely worth the $20! Not only did they do an amazing job upping the graphics but the sounds are better, animations are better, storyline is PACKED, the action sequences are awesome! Oh man...this is better than I had hoped for! They also fixed the cache problem so it runs way smoother! I'm just awestruck! If you don't like it then I'd say your expectations are unrealistic...I may have been displeased with Valve in the past but this more than makes up for it! The play time is completely irrelevant...its quality over quantity people...that's what HL2 is all about! Man I can't wait to try this on hard!

(edited)

Well, I managed to fix it, somehow. It was Valve's fault all along.

Worked fine for me!

I'd just like to thank valve for making this so awesomely amazing! It was completely worth the $20! Not only did they do an amazing job upping the graphics but the sounds are better, animations are better, storyline is PACKED, the action sequences are awesome! Oh man...this is better than I had hoped for! They also fixed the cache problem so it runs way smoother! I'm just awestruck! If you don't like it then I'd say your expectations are unrealistic...I may have been displeased with Valve in the past but this more than makes up for it! The play time is completely irrelevant...its quality over quantity people...that's what HL2 is all about! Man I can't wait to try this on hard!

Hmm.. maybe I'll just suck in my gut and pay the 20 bucks to get this then.

Edited by Allanon754.gc

<disco crosses fingers and starts to slowly enter in his credit card number>

<he stops... and thinks>

<instead, he asks a friend to use their steam account when they have finished EP1>

I didnt buy it... but i borrowed my friend's steam account that had it. (ahh, the wonders of Steam)

I just played thru the first chapter, and I'm really impressed with the visuals and scripted sequences. Can't wait to play the rest...

Sometimes it's hard to hear the person talking over the action that's happening around you, you are also invincible when listening to the commentary.

I liked it, it's cool to know how things were changed, what to expect in Episode 2, and some technical things about the Source Engine.

OK, just loaded and played for a couple of hours...Just past the core, but...

I am disappointed that HDR isn't really making the impact on me it first did with "Lost Coast."

I thought they would do great things with it, but I am underwhelmed. I have found that when bright light sources in the distance illuminate my path through smoke or fog that the particles have a halo effect and fade in and out in rings...Hmmmm...doesn't seem natural at all.

Anyways...other than that, Alyx is a great sidekick and so far has proven to be capable and witty.

"Zombines...you get that?..."