Whats everyone upto?

*BiGBonES**

Its been pretty quiet in there recenlty, just wondering how everyone is doing since all the hype died down?

Are fatty and bub still the hulk's they worked themselves up to be?

Wayfarer and Jon still loosing the pounds?

Unclean and zester still pumping iron, have you guys put on muscle?

I haven't been upto much, I've neglected my body for the past month and a half because I struggle with motivation during exam time. I find that I can only motivate myself for a limited amount of things, and usually all my motivation is put into revision meaning that I have none left to make my lazy butt go for a run or a swim.

During the summer I'm going to go back to running club and get stupidly fit again. Its going to be hard though. When I was a middle distance runner competing at a reasonably high level, I took a couple of months off at christmas and when I came back I remembered feeling sick after every training session for the first couple of weeks. This time round, I havent been consistantly for 2 years, so I guess I'm getting myself in for a lot of pain.

If anyone needs motivation, the summer is coming up and everyone wants to look good and feel confident with their shirt off, so nows a good time to get back to the gym and start picking things up again.

So everyone post up about how they have been getting on lately.

I've just recently started walking on my treadmill again....

recap: blew out a disc 2.5 months ago, resulting in severe nerve damage in my back that presented me with drop toe on my right....which changed my gate and has given me plenty of hip pain because the other muscles are compensating so that I don't drag my toe around.

EMG proved the nerve damage. prognosis is up to a year for full recovery....but full recovery nonetheless.

Tomorrow I receive my first epidural steroid shot to help speed up the recovery. My nerve has to regenerate all the connections.....i think it's like a millimeter a day or something crazy, not sure...

Anyways, I've gained a few pounds undoubtedly, and weighed in at 185 yesterday, but feel a whole lot more flabbier...(was at 180 or so in the middle of the 10pound challenge, can't remember)

I'm not playing softball this year, I am just unable to go half-speed, and there's nothing that would stop me from diving for a ball, etc...so I decided to just take the year off. Golf is going well though. I can function well enough. The biggest issue is that I have to stay away from running due to the pounding on the back.....which is probably the worst part of it all. The one thing that got me where I am is forbidden. I plannned on running in several races/team marathons this summer....and that's a nogo.

In all, however, progress is being made. Strength slowly but steadily is returning to my leg. I've recently gone back to strict diet monitoring so as to hold my weight down naturally. The walking/hiking will be determined by the soreness in my hip.

class and work took it's toll on me, but i've been back at it for about 3 weeks solid now. i'm starting to play hockey again, so i'm emphasizing more circuit training to get my lungs back.

i've been healthy and don't really have a story beyond that :(

I maxed out the bench machines the other day... good stuff. But I've only been working out again in the last few weeks. Before that, I had some wicked allergies/sickness that kept me from working out for almost an entire month. :/

On a side note, what do the numbers on the machine mean? 16 is the highest it goes... what is that? 160lbs? No freaking way. Why can't machines just tell you what the real weight is?

I've lost a couple more pounds since the challenge. My goal at the beginning of the year was to lose 30 lbs, and I managed to lose 20 of that during the challenge. We went to Florida for a week last month and I didn't work out at all, which threw my workout routine off, and I'm just getting it going good. I'm not pushing myself as hard as I was though, as I only have seven or eight more pounds to go. But shopping has been a lot of fun! It's been a long time since I wore the sizes I'm wearing now, and that feels great.

<-----I don't even look much like that anymore; my face isn't as puffy.

Edited by Mustard's CoffeeMaker

Life has put me in "neutral" for the moment. I am transfering half way across the country and that made it necessary for me to spend the last month and a half working on my basement and house to get it ready to sell. Couple that with the fact that every time I get on my elliptical trainer something else breaks and I figure I'm doing good to be maintaining in the 200-210 range.

Once we get moved and things quiet down I hope to get to the 190 mark.

Update: Today's visit wasn't actually my injections, but just the initial consultation with the spine dewd....

Couple weeks....

PS. Heck ya, Bub and I are gonna get buff! Trail riding, lifting, whoo! Have to find a substitue for running due to my back, and Bub has a bike!

(edited)

Well, I suppose it's my turn.

I just noticed this thread today. Mostly b/c I havent been much online gaming and whatnot. I only check the forums around 12:00am if im home, so I can get the FF06 Countdown, lol.

School is over.. so I do not have a weight room anymore. so its been like 3 weeks since I have lifted. :(

I'm transfering schools. Then I can use their weight room.

I havent gained any weight.. but I didnt lose any! I still eat healthy and a lot of food.

I have some weights in my room, that I do a few times a week. Just upper body really. Of course Abs, still gotta keep them showing.

Also, I just bought a car, so I do not wish to have a gym membership. Which has kept me off the weights. I actually have been workin on a full time job at work, and have been going out with my new g/f in my free time. My friends come home from college b4 my 21st bday in early June. So I do have plenty of motivation to keep in shape!

Also, Im getting my 1st tattoo in June on my shoulder. :)

Fatty, I hope you keep healing properly. And MCM, you look good in your before picture, but much better in your after picture!

When I see that I'm back up to par, Ill start posting pictures again :P

Edited by ZesteR

I stopped in to read the topic.

Keep up the progress!!

In a few more months of lifting/cardio I'll be ready to take some "before pics."

I'm benching what I did after basic training...finally after 8 years. Got a good muscle base to work with, now I'm switching to fat loss with high rep lifting to cut the fat out of the tum tum.

My double chin is almost gone again...its a great feeling.

MCM - Very nice!

I'm finally getting back into the swing of regular exercise. A few years ago I ruptured my left Achilles tendon (i.e. it broke in half). Up until then I was fairly athletic and worked out regularly. After spending a few months in a wheel chair and then a few more on crutches, I finally regained use of the leg.

The doctors told me "don't run anymore, okay" which was a bit a of blow since I'd been told I'd fully recover. So after feeling sorry for myself for a few more months I slowly began working out again.

Then, which was about two years ago, I got promoted. My new team was 3X larger than my old and so began the 70-80 hour weeks at the office. When you get up go to work and then come home and go to sleep, you tend to not want to do anything else. So after another two years and some really big projects at the office, my life has returned to a normal enough state that I can begin again on myself.

So I'm now just three weeks into the "Six Million Dollar {Q}" project and doing pretty decent. Got a trainer and I have motivation. We'll see where I'm at by FragFest. I started the project at 225 lbs. I'm not at 217lbs. I hope to be around 200 by FF06.

{Q}

• 2 months later...

Well I haven't been in this section of the forums in a bit.

I need to go back to the gym I haven't been there all summer. Free money for them I guess. Trying to figure out my final schedule for school and work then it'll I'll be set to work on making a workout plan.

I am going away this week end maybe I'll use some of that time to visit the hotel gym.... or spa >_>

:P Maybe when i'm ready you guys can help me make a beter workout plan. basically before I didn't really have a routine. It was just working certain body parts on certain days.... well it was a routine but then it got boring. I tried changing but it kinda didn't workout with the rest of my daily schedule.

I just want my 2005 bod back...

My main exercise lately is skateboarding. Haven't had much time in the past week for much because of band camp. I still mess with my weights every night or two and some other basic workout stuff. There's also the screwing around/running away from certain people stuff I do with friends. As long I as stay at a okay weight and look good, it's kewl.

I'm down 15 lbs from my FF05 weight.

10 Mins of cardio

20 mins of lifting

everyday.

50 mins of additional cardio, 3-5 times a week. Been only 2-3 times a week lately cause its been so hot outside.

It's kinda fun when you havent seen people in about 6 weeks and then the first thing they say to you is "Hi, have you lost weight?"

It's kinda fun when you havent seen people in about 6 weeks and then the first thing they say to you is "Hi, have you lost weight?"

I got that kind of reaction when I went back to school last year. Then everyone realized my sexiness. :biglaugha:

just wait till your twenties, you'll be sexy AND old enough to be in places where people drink heavily...then you'll be uber sexy.

This by no way means that I think you are sexy.

*cough*pedophile*cough*

:D