GR:AW

mohawk

I think it's one of the worst tactical FPS on the market. Ever since Tom Clancy started releasing games on consoles they have been getting more and more arcadey. A few years ago they would make exclusive tactical FPS games for the PC only, now they just port the console garbage with a few minor additions.

If you want to play some high class Tactical First Person Shooters you should try SWAT, the original Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six (old ones, not the new one ported to PC from the Xbox).

I've played the demo for GRAW, and it's nice. Not something I'll run out and get, but it is nice. The old Rainbow Six games were WAY more tactical though. You had to go through a planning phase to tell your squad whhat route to take through the "map" to get to the hosties. You could tell them to be sneaky, wait somewhere for a specific go command, etc.

Personally, I prefer the Operation Flashpoint games to either though. Not quite as tactical (you don't have to plan out your route in advance of the round), but requiring far more patience than the vast majority of FPS's to be successful.

I think it's one of the worst tactical FPS on the market.

how much have you actually played it? The multiplayer is amazing. Its completely different from the console version. Its the first tactical shooter i've been excited about since RVS. Its like INF on crack.

I think it's one of the worst tactical FPS on the market. Ever since Tom Clancy started releasing games on consoles they have been getting more and more arcadey. A few years ago they would make exclusive tactical FPS games for the PC only, now they just port the console garbage with a few minor additions.

If you want to play some high class Tactical First Person Shooters you should try SWAT, the original Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six (old ones, not the new one ported to PC from the Xbox).

i agree i dont like those games very much.. the tom clancy ones.. its not that great.

NuT- :peace::peace:

Personally, I prefer the Operation Flashpoint games to either though. Not quite as tactical (you don't have to plan out your route in advance of the round), but requiring far more patience than the vast majority of FPS's to be successful.

Now THAT'S a game I haven't played in awhile. I never heard anything about it, but I loved it. I figured it just died an ignoble, unplayed death. Viva la Operation Flashpoint!

I think it's one of the worst tactical FPS on the market.

how much have you actually played it? The multiplayer is amazing. Its completely different from the console version. Its the first tactical shooter i've been excited about since RVS. Its like INF on crack.

I beat it. :D

(edited)

i've been playin it through with a buddy multi-coop. for that it's awesome. we're finding we really need a third guy though so we're gonna try and talk another friend or two into playing it for long hours. the missions are quite long.

edit - btw i should mention it's quite stressful on my system. i'm waiting for new vid driver to improve performance.

Edited by Cujo

How bout Duck Hunt... .now there's an FPS with hours upon hours of sharp shooting thrills and no pre-routing involved..... just straight up shootin hill billy style.... keke....

DITTO on the Ghost rcon and Op Flashpoint.... two of the best "tactical" FPS I think. They don't make em like they used to, agreed.

• 2 months later...

May this thread LIVE AGAIN!

Just ordered this title and a 7900GT KO (I know the 1900XT is faster, but I want to trade up to a 7950 soon). Should be coming in at the end of the week. Anyone else still play this?

my old RVS clan still plays every now and then.. I ran the game on a 4400+ and a 7900... very perrrty w/ a constant 50-60 fps.

As soon as I upgrade my monitor I might break this out and play with you.. the TDM is supposedly pretty fun.

The old Rainbow Six games were WAY more tactical though. You had to go through a planning phase to tell your squad whhat route to take through the "map" to get to the hosties. You could tell them to be sneaky, wait somewhere for a specific go command, etc.

AHH! I still have that game [original R6]. That game RULED. I loved planning out gocodes and whatnot. Such an awesome game.

my old RVS clan still plays every now and then.. I ran the game on a 4400+ and a 7900... very perrrty w/ a constant 50-60 fps.

As soon as I upgrade my monitor I might break this out and play with you.. the TDM is supposedly pretty fun.

Sweetness. I've got a 4000+ oc'd to 2.6ish ghz right now, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Check back here in a few weeks - we'll see if I'm good enough to play with you guys. :)

Just installed the game - VERY frustrating for a reflex/twitch gamer. :P But once I got used to commanding the squad around and taking the time to survey an area, it's a lot of fun. And upgrading the guns = coolness.

I'm not sure how I feel about the anti-aliasing thing, though. There is no anti-aliasing unless you get the 1.20 update, but then it just blurs the lines somewhat.