Quietest CPU fan

nut

nut
(edited)

Whats the quietist but... still powerfull CPU fan.. i want a quiet CPU fan to get out of Volcano 9.... Its annoying having it scream and scream every morning and throughout the day.. i want something quiet but dosent make my computer shoot up to 70degrees C.

any ideas??

Help me out a lot if you could hit me up with some links.. =)

oh and i am running a barton 3000+ right now.. just so you know what processor it will be on..

and i am not made of money as well... but post them all so i can see whats best.. for price and proformance...

NuT- :biglaugha::biglaugha:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

(edited)

The silent cat by thermaltake or the ufo-fan by thermaltake are both good coolers. The silent cat is the best IMO but if you do not have good airflow in your case you might want the ufo fan. This will get loud when it speeds to it's fastest but still will be quieter than yours lol. I have the silent cat on my system right now and it's running at 32 degrees C. Of course if your heatsink is sub standard then you are never gonna see a really cool CPU.

ufo - http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=370480

silent cat - I have an extra slightly used one to sell or trade it was in my case before I got the TT Big Wheel fan.

Edited by Preacher

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64. I would post a link but my firefox won't let me make one so you should just google "arctic cooling freezer 64." The cooler is around $25 - $30 in price.

nut

which one is the best one ?? the artic the UFO? or the silent cat??

whats the best deal for the money?? also i need 2 fans i think 80mm for the back of my case.. i want them colored... you know for looks =P =).

NuT-=0

oohhh do i take the Silent Cat and take off my old thermaltake fan and put this on top of the heatsink i already have there???

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=370492

The silent cat by thermaltake or the ufo-fan by thermaltake are both good coolers. The silent cat is the best IMO but if you do not have good airflow in your case you might want the ufo fan. This will get loud when it speeds to it's fastest but still will be quieter than yours lol. I have the silent cat on my system right now and it's running at 32 degrees C. Of course if your heatsink is sub standard then you are never gonna see a really cool CPU.

ufo - http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=370480

silent cat - I have an extra slightly used one to sell or trade it was in my case before I got the TT Big Wheel fan.

I have an extra slightly used one to sell or trade

really? PM me how much you selling it for?? i want the silent cat.

The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 is super cheap, it is like $30 but you could probably even find it cheaper then that on the internet. In terms of fans, if you can fit 120mm fans get those instead because they have higher cfm and are quieter. If you still need 80mm ones I use Cooler Master Silent LED Fans.

I like the Thermaltake Silent boost. You can see it here

Great for quiet, great for cooling, not so great if you're going to overclock the cpu. Fan doesn't quite push enough air for great cooling on oc's. But if you're running it stock, you'll have no probs.

$30 there. Might find it cheaper elsewhere. They're also a FF06 sponsor, so if you buy it there, make sure you let them know it in your comments to them. :peace:

nut

yeah i see the ones you guys recomend but then i look back at the Big Typhoon and it has heat pipe technology, is that really good technology? does it keep it more cool???

i am clueless on the heatpipe tech.

but i am not sure what to pick CPU Fan wise between all the ones you guys gave me.. Cooler Master Silent LED Fans are on the way for the rest of my computer... thanks for that link

but which of the CPU fans should i get??

:luxhello::luxhello:

if you have any ideas "personal" i Should picks

Email me or PM me

JRBRolly@hotmail.com

or PM me

or post here

I do not think the CNPS7700-cu will interfere with anything on your motherboard. Here is the blurb about the Freezer 64 from my company's website;

"Extremely Quiet - The low speed 92 mm fan of the Freezer 64 Pro reduces the noise level to a minimum. The patented fan holder is able to practically eliminate the typical buzzing sound of 92 mm fans. Powerful Cooling - The Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro uses 6 Heat Pipes (three used double sided) and is able to transfer heat up to 200 Watt. The heat exchanger is built of 42 fins and consists of a surface area of over 4700 cm2 and allows for resistance free energy transfer to air. Integrated Cooling of Voltage Converters - Air is drawn in from the side of the fan to cool the components around the CPU. Some air is blown out towards the voltage converters o­n the mainboard with the bent fins at the bottom. Patented Vibration Absorption - The four rubber connectors on the fan case act as a vibration damper to absorb the vibration of the running fan. This can reduce significant vibration between plastic fan case and heatsink. Easy Installation - The cooler is to install without any tools within seconds."

It has heatpipes as well as the Big Typhoon.

I've used about 20 Zalman 7700/7000-Cu's on systems and they are great, even on overclocked systems. One sitting in the Coolermaster Centurion 541 on my desktop here at work and I can only hear it if I try. Ewiz has them aobut $10 bucks cheaper than Newegg.

I also like to use any of the "RV" Rosewill PSU's (Newegg's house brand), like thier 450w RV450S-2 for $36. They have some heft (not cheapie lightweight psu), 120mm fan, and super quiet. Only my Seasonic PSU in my HTPC is quieter. Zalman VF700-Cu video card cooler is another favorite.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64. I would post a link but my firefox won't let me make one so you should just google "arctic cooling freezer 64." The cooler is around $25 - $30 in price.

Yup, I have one of these and is far the best CPU cooling config I've owned. I have my fan thermally controlled by my motherboard BIOS and under heavy gaming hovers around 1200 rpm and is almost dead quiet. Also at that rpm my Athlon 64 hovers around 48 C under full load for hours on end. Just waiting to crank up the speed on my 64, but going to wait till I feel secure about blowing my new CPU.

Yup, I have one of these and is far the best CPU cooling config I've owned. I have my fan thermally controlled by my motherboard BIOS and under heavy gaming hovers around 1200 rpm and is almost dead quiet. Also at that rpm my Athlon 64 hovers around 48 C under full load for hours on end. Just waiting to crank up the speed on my 64, but going to wait till I feel secure about blowing my new CPU.

What mobo you have?

If ASUS, they have adaptive overclocking that really works well.

I am using the Zalman on mine and it is dead silent like you said...spinning about 1200 under load and running about 46-48degrees (depends on weather)...That is with a 10% overclock on my Athlon 64 4000+.

Yeah, the Asus AI Overclock allows you to overclock based on a percentage multiplier and it really is pretty effective if you don't want a super ridiculous overclock.

(edited)

booo. super rediculous or bust.

btw, the big typhoon is currently the best air heatsink available. kicks the crap out of anything zalman has out right now and is very quiet to boot.

Edited by Cujo

the reason the big typhoon is better then the freezer 64 is because you control the tightness of it to the cpu. this is beneficial for if you want to pop the heatspreader off your cpu to achieve lower temps. it's also easier to keep an even spread of thermal paste on your cpu and keep an even pressure.

While I'm not arguing with you about the points you are making (because they are right) the heatsink clip on the board is designed in such a fashion that using it will allow you pretty good paste distribution. You already knew that though. The Freezer 64 doesn't require motherboard removal either if you have already installed it. With that being said, the biggest benefit of the Freezer is the cost and the Big Typhoon is only like $50 anyways so it is not that huge a benefit.

hence the use of their own adapter. it limits the stress. i have no problems with mine. i like how it cools the motherboard components around the cpu socket.