Gears of War

EbilDustBunny

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has made my recent (wednesday) 360 purchase entirely worth the money I paid for it. I'm a little scared to try insane.... i would probably have to quit my job and drop $$ on the XBL gold account if i ever wanted to beat it on that difficulty....

Edited by boilersax

I just spent over an hour trying and failing miserably to beat Raam before switching to Madden in disgust. I can't remember a boss in a game that gave me this much trouble. Every time I think I'm making progress, I have to switch cover and get 'sploded by the freakin bats cause I picked a bad time to move. >_<

I just spent over an hour trying and failing miserably to beat Raam before switching to Madden in disgust. I can't remember a boss in a game that gave me this much trouble. Every time I think I'm making progress, I have to switch cover and get 'sploded by the freakin bats cause I picked a bad time to move. >_<

I had exactly the same experience, my "solution" start from the beginning on hardcore quite how this was a solution, I have no idea, but seemed like a great plan at the time.

5 acts

The trick to RAAM on insane is co-op...one person with the torque bow and the other with the sniper...you can just stay behind the first cover...one guy shoots him with the bow...blows off the bats then the other with the sniper gets him with no cover...to do it alone is suicide...

• 1 month later...

Hello all, before I begin let me just say that my XBOX live gamertag is Pistolero7 if you wish to add me.

Now, about General RAAM on insane mode, heres a very very good video showing how to beat him easily by yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU86g2n5pXM

note: The guy doing this video uses language not sutiable for children (lol)

anyways, yea. I've already beaten insane and gotten all the COG tags :)

Now, about General RAAM on insane mode, heres a very very good video showing how to beat him easily by yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU86g2n5pXM

note: The guy doing this video uses language not sutiable for children (lol)

anyways, yea. I've already beaten insane and gotten all the COG tags :)

Why coudn't RAAM ever stop on the other side of cover like that for me??? I could have whipped him 242,865 times more easily if that had happened for me :blink:

I think I am the only one on the planet that thinks this game looks boring and repetitive.

The graphics look nice, but I got burned on that with Oblivion on the 360: laggy framerate when your horse is moving at a steady trot. The cover system looks neat, but I'm kind of done with the FPS genre as a whole myself. I'd disagree that the game doesn't look like it has anything to offer, but I haven't run out and pre-ordered it. Now the new Sam and Max game...

Oh, anyone know if you can turn off the blood splatter on the camera when you use the chainsaw? And the bobbing chase cam when you run? They both look like they would become extremely distracting and lose their novelty very quickly.

A friend brought over a copy of Gears of War the other day, and I got to play it for a few hours...From what I understand, I am just short of completing Act I (I move slowly through FPSs for some reason).

I am thoroughly impressed. I have yet to experience lag, though again I'm only partially done with Act I. The cover system truly adds another dimension to the genre. It may not be completely new, but it simply feels like it belongs in the game, not like in Kill.Switch (I think it was) where the game feels painted around you hiding behind cover. The overwhelming force of opposing weaponry dictates you take cover, your cover doesn't dictate gameplay.

I did find the bloodspatter quite annoying, but that appears to be removable. The chase camera, though, actually endeared itself to me.

On the whole, I was highly skeptical, but now want to at the very least rent if not just go and buy this game. My initial impressions were quite off.