mousepad

discom

I was thinking of getting the steelpad 5L mousepad to go along with my new g5 mouse.

anyone have it? is it any good? is there a better alternative? I dont know much about mousepads... Ive been using a minature spongebob mousepad for years.

B00008YMEO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ok sleep time :twitch:

I had a ratpadz GS and was very pleased with it but it wore out really fast. Now I'm using the Func 1030 gaming surface. I like it a lot. It has two sides that are different textures and a nice little cord holder for corded mice (I only use these) I won't say dumb crap like some do about it increasing my score in CS but I will say that I have yet to have an accuracy issue related to my mouse since I got it lol

I just spent a bit of time looking for a mouse mat/pad, and the basic result of my research said "dont get ripped off". I wouldn't be surprised if all the pro-gamers got paid to play with them mouse pads so dont let sponsorship confuse you on performance.

In the end I ended up skipping all the fancy 'pro-gamer' mouse mats and just got a pad a bit better than standard from pcworld. It works a treat.

Ofcourse, the best thing to do is try them all out, go round friends houses etc (get geek and emph to buy different ones, using them as bait :D ) and see what you like best - although this isn't normally possible.

nut
(edited)

ive got a mx510... i use just a crappy belkin mouse pad with gel..

but my brother has a Ratpadz and its awsome he uses it on his mx515? i think thats the model? ... but it has a dpi setting button goes 200-400-600-800 all the way to 1600dpi it can change on the fly.. ingame

nice on a ratpad

:freak3::freak3:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

func 1030 is rated extremely high in all catagories plus has a nice deal where it fit's into a rubber mat that keeps it in place.

Ratpadz rated high in all but durability, they wear out fast.

Steelpad also wears out fast according to a few reviews I read, which is why I went with the func surface.

func1030: 10" x 8.5"

steelpad 5L: 14.9" x 11"

I like really low mouse sensitivity, so thats why i need a bigger mousepad. According to newegg, the func1030 is not even bigger than a sheet of paper. I think i might spend the extra $10 and get the 5L

I'm interested in picking up one of those 11"x17" mousepads that I've seen some using. Can you get those online or do you need to find someone neoprene and cut it?

The steelpad qck+ i have is ENORMOUS

I picked up a steel pad over a year ago and the middle of the pad was worn out in under three months. I still use it, but only because its all I have right now.

it's impossible to play fps with a wireless, though that's probably the best wireless combination available.

No way man. Logitech G7 mouse has 2000dpi and no lag and it is wireless.

No way man. Logitech G7 mouse has 2000dpi and no lag and it is wireless.

more dpi will make it more precise but still the latency will always be higher than that of a corded mouse.

But how much latency in a cordless mouse is actually noticeable? I have a g5 too and I have noticed little or no difference in the operation of the mouse. However, if it is significant then I suppose I have something to blame my horrible k:d ratio on! :D

i really don't know exactly cobalt about g7. i just go by some of the mouses my dad uses for his pc and laptop and also by pro gamers who play only corded. I'm not saying you can't get a kill with a cordless it's just you're probably gonna get less...

i just don't believe in cordless technology yet, as i don't believe in lcd screens

I just googled up some g7 stuff and found an interesting page on Logitech's Website. Apparently the G7 has 500 reports made per second just like the G5 which is possible with full speed usb. Because of this the mouse *supposedly* has no lag but who really knows.

Once you go LCD you won't go back Vov but I agree with the cordless statement. I have heard for years how hreat the mx700 and the mx1000 were for gaming and I traded for the 700 and bought the 1000 for a guy and tried both and noticed the slight delays with both. I am still using my duel optical mouseman. Thumb button FTW

I just googled up some g7 stuff and found an interesting page on Logitech's Website. Apparently the G7 has 500 reports made per second just like the G5 which is possible with full speed usb. Because of this the mouse *supposedly* has no lag but who really knows.

interesing *saying with lame russian accent*

i'm wondering if there are discussions about that in CAL-M or CAL-i forums...

I'm thinking, even though it has 500 reports per second they may not be as synchronized as the corded mouse. And then, of course, there's batteries inside which adds to weight and balance of the mice. Also, hassles of replacing the batteries or recharging. Finally, cordless cost more....still I'm interested in finding out how do pro gamers rate the g7 comparatively

I think the big thing going for the g5 over the g7 is the weight. The battery in the g7 is INCREDIBLY light and I actually find myself wishing it was heavier at times. Logitech wised up and realized that base station chargers are for nubs and this mouse actually has battery packs. The mouse comes with 2 battery packs as well so there is always one charged. Wow. I should petition Logitech for a job or something.