Who takes bigger flops? (World Cup Version)

whudats

Foul Fakers  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so I have no doubt in my mind. Futbol (soccer) players are easily THE biggest actors when it comes to faking fouls. They take more phony flops than basketball players and American football placekickers/punters combined. It's ridiculous!

Anyone care to argue?

Soccer players are the ones who invented faking a foul. I hope the soccer refs will start to crack down on this more as it really detracts from the game.

The best is when the slow-mo replay shows that there was NO contact on a slide tackle, yet the guy is writhing in pain on the ground. :unsure:

Soccer players are the ones who invented faking a foul. I hope the soccer refs will start to crack down on this more as it really detracts from the game.

The best is when the slow-mo replay shows that there was NO contact on a slide tackle, yet the guy is writhing in pain on the ground. :unsure:

lol I know what you mean. I just sit there cracking up, especially when the ref stopps play gives a card for taking a dive, then give an IFK to the other team.

I just sit there and think "HAHA. Serves you right you little faker."

Edited by meherdmann

(edited)
i'm with peckles, too many queens playing soccer, futbol, or football. whatever, it's all gibberish for "not tough enough to play hockey."

and more relevant, basketball players take the best dives. :puppy_dog_eyes:

I asked some members of the chicago fire soccer team if people take dives and they only mentioned "one player" in a funny laughing way--- not admiting but not denying either it was funny!

yet all the players I was talking to all agreed hockey was the hardest physically demanding sport of all!

Edited by w8t4time

yet all the players I was talking to all agreed hockey was the hardest physically demanding sport of all!

I've never played it, but I have a hard time believing this. Yes, in hockey a "long shift" is about a minute and a half, but look at how long hockey careers are! The average hockey career is much longer than that of a football player. To me that means it isn't as physically demanding as other sports.

If you have ever played competitive soccer with 45 minute halves, then you will know how hard it is to play and what kind of physical shape you need to be in.

but they can't fake getting slamed head first into the boards and a knee to knee combined with the speed of the ice hurts more and can be career ending and getting a puck to the head hurts more than a soccer ball

and all those pretty boy soccer players how many hockey players have a full set of teeth? :)

the reason they can't stay out longer is because it is more demanding you can't just wait in your position for the puck--- everyone is in the play at every second cannot let your eyes wander

so much faster is the burst of speed from a hockey player! it is more energy producing than a busrt of speed running with a ball;then you have to stop at a split second on ice it is harder to stop? most people don't run faster than they can stop under their own power

I don't lie.... these 4 professional soccer players stated that they thought hockey was a more demanding sport then soccer

so much faster is the burst of speed from a hockey player! it is more energy producing than a busrt of speed running with a ball;then you have to stop at a split second on ice it is harder to stop? most people don't run faster than they can stop under their own power

huh?

maybe you're comparing the NHL to kids under 8 soccer.

This made no sense to me? :shrug03:

Anyone here every watch/play rugby (union not league), I've been to a couple of NHL games and I can say it's the closest in terms of physical demands, not just fitness wise but how punishing it is on the body to rugby (before an injury took me out the game for 2 years I played for both the South West of England U21s and the U21s team for Bath who at the time were the best club in England).

I would add that I've also been to a few rugby matches here in the US and it doesn't compare to European/Southern Hemisphere rugby in terms of physicality, it almost seems like the US sees it as a completely non contact sport.

Soccer players dive (thats what it's called...diving) because it's how the game is played. Refs generally can't see everything that happens on a soccer pitch so if you go down and you think that you were fouled you have to make it look like it, otherwise your foul will never get called.

Hockey players have leg and knee protection. American football players don't. Take away the pads and the average life span of the toothless wonder (antropologically correct name for hockey players, puck eaters is also ok) would be about five minutes. Case closed. Rugby players are just crazy...I'm still trying to figure out how they do it...I think it's alcohol...

oops I stand corrected I forget about that sport. every rugby player I knew of in college was insane!

the breaking beer bottles over the head insane type!

and my burst of speed comment comes from the momentum gained and being able to throw ones weight without losing energy? I am sure there is some formula of physics that would show what I am trying to say?

the ground absorbs the energy and the ice just gives it back to you???????

I better stop commenting before I really stop making sense :huh::)

(edited)
Soccer players dive (thats what it's called...diving) because it's how the game is played. Refs generally can't see everything that happens on a soccer pitch so if you go down and you think that you were fouled you have to make it look like it, otherwise your foul will never get called.

yep, I agree. they do fake it, but what looks like a foul to some of us probably isn't a foul at all... also, its a sport where if noone sees it, we don't throw down a red flag stop the game and analyze the death out of it. YOU JUST PLAY THE GAME!!

What I find very amusing is the American Commentators for FIFA. They are knowledgable of soccer, but they don't understand the gameplay... they try to make it out to be like Madden Football and correct every player for their wrong action. Because the opposition has a good defense, the commentators make it out to see as if the other teams offense is playing bad. There was a handball and the commentator says.. oh there was a foul or something, Im not quite sure.

To me soccer is a totally different sport than any american sport. It's not commericalized and taking breaks and time out every 2 minutes. You play for 45 minutes straight. Im glad FIFA, in charge of the worlds most popular sport doesn't allow it to be americanized by greedy corporations and marketing firms trying to suck everyone for every penny they have.

Edited by NOFX

yep, I agree. they do fake it, but what looks like a foul to some of us probably isn't a foul at all... also, its a sport where if noone sees it, we don't throw down a red flag stop the game and analyze the death out of it. YOU JUST PLAY THE GAME!!

What I find very amusing is the American Commentators for FIFA. They are knowledgable of soccer, but they don't understand the gameplay... they try to make it out to be like Madden Football and correct every player for their wrong action. Because the opposition has a good defense, the commentators make it out to see as if the other teams offense is playing bad. There was a handball and the commentator says.. oh there was a foul or something, Im not quite sure.

To me soccer is a totally different sport than any american sport. It's not commericalized and taking breaks and time out every 2 minutes. You play for 45 minutes straight. Im glad FIFA, in charge of the worlds most popular sport doesn't allow it to be americanized by greedy corporations and marketing firms trying to suck everyone for every penny they have.

I agree. One thing that I hate about American Football is how they go to commercial break after every timeout, kickoff, score, etc. It's nice that soccer doesn't does that, which is one of the reasons why I prefer to watch soccer.

Growing up in Texas in 70s/80s, basketball was something I never saw except at a Rockets game. I never knew a family with kids that played or had hoops on their garages or in their yards then we moved to Cali and I saw kids playing it but never did. Texas was football country, though, so I was already brainwashed. We moved to Indiana from Orange County my freshman yr of HS.

I wrestled and we would run stairs around the basketball court while those guys were practicing and htey had drills where they faked falling down and sliding to draw a foul. That made me sick and I hate basketball and won't let my kid play it. Wrong part of the country to say it, I know, but basketball is weak. College (men's only) bball can be fun to watch but it's getting too thugged out.

well put NOFX.. the commentators really bug me as well.. most of the time i watch the games muted...

nobody can tell me that a guy who I played college soccer against, and immediately went in to broadcasting afterwards should sit there and critique world class players.. (Rob Stone - Colgate)

Not to mention twice today I saw players go down in horrible pain, writhe on the ground, get pulled off the field, have some dude spray some magic spray on him, then 2 minutes later he is running onto the field. Such stupid crap... there should be some rule that if you go down and need to be taken off you have to stay out of the game for 10 minutes or something. That or they could pick up a football and play a real game.

How about that flop that canceled America's 2nd goal?

That wasn't a flop. It was an offside decision. The guy played the ball into the net was onside, but there was a striker in an offside position in the general area of the goal, so the ref called offsides.

Unfortunately, it was the correct call. The guy that was offsides just wasn't paying attention. :bang:

Edited by meherdmann