• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
GC Alumni
(edited)

Tatsuhiko smiled at Bones, "You just don't want to take the stairs because of your leg."

"Not true! It's..." Bones said as he looked at the stairwell. Tatsuhiko went up next to Bones and tried shining his light down the stairs again. "Ugh, I can't see anything down there." Bones backed up against the elevator door and turned toward it. He pushed the button and heard the hum of the elevator headding toward them. Tatsuhiko took a few steps down the stairs to shine his light further down. The darkness enveloped his light and couldn't see where it headded. Tatsuhiko shuttered and went back up the stairs.

Bones looked up at what floor the elevator was on and saw a big crack in the lighting and saw it wasn't working. Bones scoffed and turned toward the group. "How is everyone holding up?" Bones said as he leaned against the wall next to the elevator. "I think we'll be fine... just have to be careful..." Jim said as he leaned against the railing of the stairs. Misery was shivering looking at the elevator. She knew something bad was going to happen.... just didn't know what.

The elevator clunked as it reached it's destination and let off a bing sound. Bones turned to the elevator door with his injured foot in the air. The others walked up behind Bones and waited for the door to open. The elevator doors opened slowly and Bones made his way inside.

RAHHH!!

Dozens of hands grabbed Bones and pulled him inside the elevator! "****!!!!" Tatsuhiko said as he tried grabbing Bones. Bones screamed out in terror as dozens of hands were grabbing at him and mouths everywhere were closing in for the kill. Tatsuhiko, Jim and Misery took out their guns and started unloading in the elevator. Zombies inside were grunting and moaning from bullets hitting them. Bones let out another scream and whipped out his pistol and shot at one of the zombie's faces that was getting ready to bite him. Another zombie bit Bones in the arm. Bones' pistol dropped to the floor with a clunk and the elevator made a ding sound and it's doors started to close. "NO!!" Tatsuhiko jumped at the doors to try to open them, but he was too late. He pushed the buttons at fast as he could, but the elevator wasn't responding! "No!" Tatsuhiko banged against the door and heard it head upwards. Tatsuhiko heard faint screams above him die out with the sounds of the elevator.

Bones, Delta Force team, has been killed in action.

Tatsuhiko bawled at he slid down the elevator door and sat on the ground with his arms against his eyes. Jim and Misery stood there, looking at him dumbfounded. Jim leaned against the wall and dropped his gun on the ground. He couldn't believe what was happening. Whatever hope of getting out alive disolved in an instant. Misery lowered her head with her hair covering her eyes. She heard Tatsuhiko still crying uncontrollably as a tear dropped to the floor. "Why.. why would the elevator head upwards?" Jim said suddenly.

"Wh---what?" Tatsuhiko said as he sniffed.

"The elevator went up, right? What could have caused it? It shouldn't have went anywhere if we're the only people here..." The only person Tatsuhiko could think of who would be able to do something like that would have to have been Dr. Sophie Brunn.

Conditions

Tatsuhiko - Caution

Misery - Danger

Farmer - Dead

Bones - Dead

Jim - Danger

Sophie Brunn - ????

Edited by JackieChan

GC Alumni

Tatsuhiko sat against the elevator door looking into the darkness with a blank stare. Why? Why did this have to happen? Jim and Misery stared at Tatsuhiko, guns at their sides as if they were awaiting something from him. Jim reloaded his weapon, then took out his pistol, checked the magazine and holistered all his weapons. Jim looked back at Tatsuhiko. He was still sitting there. Jim looked at Misery, then at Tatsuhiko and said, "Look, we can't sit here everytime someone dies. It's tragic, I know. I didn't want Farmer or Bones dying on us, but we can't give up now!"

"..."

"We have to continue... it's our only chance to get out alive."

*Step.... step.... step...*

"Our only hope is to find a way out of here. Bones was a good man. It wasn't your fault that he was killed!"

*Step.... step.... step...*

"Please! Don't sulk around like that!"

*Step... step...*

Misery turned her head a little and saw a pair of eyes on the staircase. She quickly aimed her gun and got ready to squeeze the trigger.

"Don't shoot!"

Jim turned around and looked at the staircase. Tatsuhiko raised his head a bit and walked up to the edge of the stairs.

"Who are you?!" Jim exclaimed as he aimed his pistol sideways at the person. The person emerged from the shadows. He looked like he went through alot. "My name is Baraqel," he said with his hand on his side, obviously covering up a small wound, "I got stuck in this building while trying to outrun zombies. I got lost here, and when I heard gunfire and voices, I followed it..." Jim noticed that Baraqel had a gun strap around his chest. "What kind of gun is that?"

"Oh, this?" Baraqel smiled, "It's a Mauser Karabiner 98k rifle. It's my dad's. I sensed something strange going on, so I brought this with me for my own pertection. I tried to leave town before anything bad happened, but I was split up with my friends and I wound up here... Every way out of here is either blocked off, or has a horde of zombies."

"Do you have any ammo for that weapon you have?"

"Sadly, no. I've been using it as a melee weapon for a while now."

"Here," Jim said as he handed his HK G3 weapon to Baraqel, "You're gonna have to come with us." Baraqel examined the weapon and said, "Oooo, nice. I haven't seen one of these in a while." Baraqel turned his mind toward the situation they were in, "I haven't fully explored the downstairs yet. I assume that there isn't anything left up here?"

"Correct. Every room we found was either locked, or had nothing in it."

"Okay then. Downstairs we go then. There was this flight elevator that went only downward and one next to it that went up. The one that went up was electronically locked. And I didn't want to bother going down because I didn't know what was down there..."

"Well, show us where these elevators are then! It might be our way out."

Tatsuhiko - Caution

Misery - Danger

Farmer - Dead

Bones - Dead

Jim - Danger

Sophie Brunn - ????

Baraqel - Caution

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...

The group went down the steps slowly. Misery still deperessed that she wasn't able to speak yet due to the shot that was administered by Sophie. The stairwell was pitch black. Once they reached the bottom, the only light was the flickers from the lights on the ceiling. Baraqel led the team down the long winding hallway until they came upon where he said the elevators were. "Right there." Baraqel said as he pointed at the elevator.

"Geez, looks like one of the freight elevators for transporting lots of things at once..." Tatsuhiko said as he moved his finger toward the button. Just as his finger made contact with the button, a flash of Bones being dragged into the closing elevator shot into his head and he lowered his hand. "What's wrong?" Baraqel said.

"We lost one of our men in an elevator where you found us." Tatsuhiko said as he turned his face away from the group. Jim put his hand on Tatsuhiko's shoulder, "We did all we could there. His death wasn't in vain."

"Yeah... but some Alpha leader I am... Can't even get a team out alive. I'm nothing but a hazard to you guys." Tatsuhiko sniffed. "Please make me fulfill my promise to you guys: I will make sure none of you die until we make it out of the city."

"Tatsuhiko, that's impossible. Anything can happen."

"I'll make sure you keep your promise." Baraqel said suddenly, smiling. Tatsuhiko looked at him with shrinkwrapped eyes. "I'll even sacrifice myself to make sure you guys make it out."

"No. You'll do no such thing until I've done it first." Tatsuhiko said, hiding his eyes with his hair. Tatsuhiko hit the button to the elevator with the side of his fist, cocked his gun, and stood in front of the elevator waiting to see what destiny has in store for them.

Tatsuhiko - Caution

Misery - Danger

Farmer - Dead

Bones - Dead

Jim - Danger

Sophie Brunn - ????

Baraqel - Caution

----------

Sorry for the short addition. I just like keeping you guys in suspense :D