Dust... it's a killer!

So with all the comments going around I was wondering if we should take out de_dust. It seems to kill a server when it loads and normaly only a quarter of the people will remain after it's finished.

Everyone else's thoughts?

I personally like dust, it like the challange of t side... Awping underpass and long hall, gimme!! AK sniping the corner of the tunnels while being pushed back. And the traditional "Left rush" Who can't appreicate a well t side rush, where the ct's get slammed by 8 half blind terriorist pouring into the site... But we'll see what the others want. I'm pretty bias.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I think it's a boring map for both sides. Dust can be alot of fun when the T team can rush consistently but it turns into a war of attrition more often than not.

I think it's a boring map for both sides. Dust can be alot of fun when the T team can rush consistently but it turns into a war of attrition more often than not.

I think most maps end up being a war of attrition, with few guys left on either team. ;) If one side is mostly alive with the other one very dead, I wouldn't call it balanced.

I'm not trying to complain here, but I agree with Ash. Dust becomes a slow war of attrition. Five T's are at the middle tunnel entrance and they wait until the CT's come the entire rest of the map. Now there's nothing wrong with the map, but I have personally witnessed it killing Recrud on a number of times.

Just don't rush them if you're a CT. :) And if they camp the map away, it's their fault for losing. If they rush and still die every time then there's a big problem with the teams. It's not the maps fault though. I still remember the old dust 24/7 servers I played on a few years ago, always packed all day.

Oh, and all the Ts have to do is get their smokes and flashbangs down right. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Dust. I've always hated Dust so I'm a little biased ;)

It can be fun if the Ts work well together. But that happens about 1 in 50 games. The rest involve me and maybe one other person rushing and dying fast. Then watching both sides sit in the hallways. I hate most maps that requires extreme teamwork by one team just to win while the other team can just sit and kill anyone who dares to peak their heads around a box or wall(prodigy,aztec, assault). I'm all for teamwork but its just too inconsistent. And when you have a map where one or two players can hold off a team because of bottlenecks, its no fun. Count me in as a player who leaves when I see Dust.

• 3 weeks later...

I love dust, we gotta keep that up.

I like the current rotation of constant good maps, but an admin should throw in a few not in rotation once and a while...

chateu? vertigo? scoutznknives!!!!!! inferno? there are tons of good maps we dont play anymore.

I like the current rotation of constant good maps, but an admin should throw in a few not in rotation once and a while...

just ask, type in regular chat "@ can we have a change of pace, like inferno"

or in voicecomm, i always try to change the map to something new if we are full

I've always been a dust fan, but I can see both sides' points as valid. The simple truth of the matter is that you can't please all of the people all of the time. For instance, I DESPISE and loathe Pirinisi, but I still play it. I like the challenge of being a CT...which is difficult. It's a flank like mad map, although not everyone tries it.

In any case, nothing was worse than survivor. :-)

I miss maps like comound though. And a few fun maps thrown into the mix, like scoutzknives and fy_anything. The serious and team oriented stuff is my favorite, but sometimes it's good fun to just blow something up.

So the moral of the story is this: when you're playing on a map you hate with a passion, someone else loves it, and it's only fair to them that they get to enjoy their map. You will appreciate it when the tables are turned! :spin2:

Maverick' date='Sep 13 2006, 11:02 AM' post='365851']

I've always been a dust fan, but I can see both sides' points as valid. The simple truth of the matter is that you can't please all of the people all of the time. For instance, I DESPISE and loathe Pirinisi, but I still play it. I like the challenge of being a CT...which is difficult. It's a flank like mad map, although not everyone tries it.

In any case, nothing was worse than survivor. :-)

I miss maps like comound though. And a few fun maps thrown into the mix, like scoutzknives and fy_anything. The serious and team oriented stuff is my favorite, but sometimes it's good fun to just blow something up.

So the moral of the story is this: when you're playing on a map you hate with a passion, someone else loves it, and it's only fair to them that they get to enjoy their map. You will appreciate it when the tables are turned! :spin2:

Mav I'm not saying that I will not play maps I don't like when I started this forum. All I remember was that I saw at least three times a server clear when de_dust came on. However, it seems that Dust seems to be holding people now, which is good. However, let's agree that a map can be frustrating to play when it requires 90% teamwork and half of your team won't work with you or whoever is calling the rush, etc.