New Camaro gets green light!

Chief

I was afraid nobody would see this if I put it in the car section, but the Chevy Camaro is going to be back for 2009! I am 94% sure that I will buy one the first year. My favorite car was my 1985 Iroc Z with a phat raceprepped motor. My buddy that I've worked at his farm since I was in highschool still has the green 68 Camaro that he had in high school somewhere I have a picture of my blue camaro nosed up to his green camaro and it's pretty cool! Anyway, obviously the M3 and some other cars are really great but I am pretty excited about the opportunity to have a big fat, gas guzzling, tire melting, modern version of the classic 69.

I really hope that by the time it comes out it is e85 compatible so that I don't feel TOO guilty, but I am pretty excited.

MSN money

Motortrend

(edited)
I was afraid nobody would see this if I put it in the car section, but the Chevy Camaro is going to be back for 2009! I am 94% sure that I will buy one the first year. My favorite car was my 1985 Iroc Z with a phat raceprepped motor. My buddy that I've worked at his farm since I was in highschool still has the green 68 Camaro that he had in high school somewhere I have a picture of my blue camaro nosed up to his green camaro and it's pretty cool! Anyway, obviously the M3 and some other cars are really great but I am pretty excited about the opportunity to have a big fat, gas guzzling, tire melting, modern version of the classic 69.

I really hope that by the time it comes out it is e85 compatible so that I don't feel TOO guilty, but I am pretty excited.

MSN money

Motortrend

I've always hated the styling of any camero past 1969. This one is no different. They claim retro styling, but I disagree. Always loved the trans am's though. I know, I know, it's the same car. But I always loved how they looked. They should bring back the trans am instead.

Now the new Challenger is going to be where it's at! :boing:

Edited by GOrnE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow, I'm psyched that they actually went through with it! I was worried that they were going to wuss out.

Also, I agree on the Trans Am front...I'd take one over a Camaro any day...I just like them better. They are MOSTLY the same, but not if you get a WS/6 or a Firehawk.

Also the styling on the Firebird was different (pop-up lights, different rear) and I liked that better as well.

However, I'm loving the new Camaro concept...I hope they don't screw it up like they did the Vibe and the Aztec

(I like the Aztec, even though it isn't pretty, but the concept was MUCH MUCH cooler. The Vibe concept was just sick...)

Maverick' date='Oct 3 2006, 04:11 PM' post='369468']

(I like the Aztec, even though it isn't pretty, but the concept was MUCH MUCH cooler. The Vibe concept was just sick...)

I know 2 people who has the aztec. First I thought it looked stupid. But now its starting to grow on me. All of the cool features in there makes it a very COOL car.

(edited)

:peace:

that's what i hate about a lot of american drivers, they get fast cars to go slow...???? :huh:

lol and they make slow cars go fast.

like cheap 2500 dollar cars, to put a loud muffler on there and cruise the streets acting like an idiot racing people. rofl

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

Hahaha...yeah, I don't understand it myself

Let's buy a run down Integra (not a bad car in good shape) rusting and slow. Now let's through some crappy body kit on there to make it heavier (and slower), and a loud exhaust! Now, to top it all off, let's leave the rusty panels alone, but put on a carbon-fiber hood and a giant spoiler and call it a wing! Now we've got a sweet ride!

sigh...

Oh, and for the record: WINGS GO ON THE SIDES OF THINGS. In other words, that picnic table you have on the back of your trunk lid is NOT a bloody wing! It's a SPOILER. There's a reason to call it a spoiler too, but there is absolutely no reason to call it a wing.

Wings lift and carry things through the air, the main goal of a spoiler is to keep your drive tires on the ground...the exact opposite of what a wing does.

Oh, and front wheel drive cars that can't break 130mph don't need giant rear spoilers either...in fact, some of those spoilers wouldn't do any good until you hit 250mph or so, and a civic would explode before hitting that speed.

Ok, that's my lil' rant of the day! :bang::boing:

Well, I can think of at least 5 cars that are front wheel drive that are 150+ cars. A spoiler would be useless unless your taking a corner at that speed.

1993 maxima (ive got to 150 in it)

2005 mazda 6

and the other 3 are the volvo's

lol Geek, I was talkin' 'bout Civics, Focus (plural?), Integras, old accords, neons (not the SRT-4) stuff like that that people cram spoilers onto that are a foot off the lid of the trunk.

Some are higher than indy-car spoilers...that's just sad, and a lil' funny

don't people know that the more weight you add to a car like that, the slower it goes? Especially when you're talking about such a low torque 4-cylinder engine. So when you add a giant, heavy, and stupid looking spoiler onto the back, you're just slowing yourself down.

And I can think of a couple that'll break 150 as well...but you still don't need a 1.5 ft. tall spoiler on the rear

lol

In my '86 Firebird, I could really feel the difference on my spoiler only above 80 or so. I could feel a real difference at about 110 (that's estimated though 'cause the speedometer only went up to 85...I had the needle pointing all the way down to the "P" once, which should have been around 138)

That spoiler was only about 2 inches high...tops...it was the stock spoiler

• 2 weeks later...