I'm sure you all saw this coming

VooDooPC

pfft.. they arent making it ... so just forget about duke nukem..

No, I think they stopped for a few years and then got back to it.

Indeed. Look at Prey. It was suppose to use the Duke Nukem 3d engine I believe. Now it uses an enhanced Doom3 Engine.

I think I heard it went gold.. either that or a for sure it's going to be made this time around.

...hah... Duke Nukem Forever... more like Duke Nukem taking Forever.

Ummmm..... Isn't it pretty much certain that they are NOT going to make Duke Nukem Forever?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt even finish hl2... i heard it was a bit of a let down. anyhoo i need to find another game to keep me busy. the last good game ive played Max Payne... sigh

Oblivion will keep you busy for a long time. I probably did at least a 100 hours from just doing side quests and running around.

Edited by Kruten

• 3 weeks later...

If you loved Max Payne, Brew, play Max Payne 2. Just make sure you beat it three times on the three different difficulty settings to get the right ending. You'll appreciate it, if you liked the storytelling in Max Payne.

...and Half-Life 2 wasn't really a letdown for me. It's just open for a sequel. There was no huge 'boss' at the end, but the story was still solid, and every bit as brooding and mysterious as the beginning. I thought it wrapped things up nicely. Then again, I know a lot of people who want to shoot things to make them bleed, not think about X-Files like higher powers and espionage.

Plus, the story in Episode 1 picked up nicely where Half-Life 2 left off. All of those "Half-Life 2's story was a letdown because I didn't get all of my questions answered and live happily ever after" lines are moot now.

They are working on DNF. ...apparently, this may be the year they finally lock it down. Max Payne and Prey have likely barely kept 3D Realms afloat. They need the money.

Prey was originally going to be released on the Quake engine. Then it moved to the unreal engine, and hopped around a few times to land on the DooM 3 engine. I still have a few stills from the game, when they suggested dual VooDoo II cards to run it with the proper eyecandy.

And Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (along with Portal and TF2) have been delayed, because just like Episode 1, VALVe is doing a major overhaul on the engine.

This time, they're adding multi-thread support, for people with quad-core processors (dual-core will benefit, too, but it's being made with 4+ cores in mind). They've already added soft self-shadows (have a look at the soldier banging his helmet straight in the TF2 trailer), they hired a programmer that used to work rigging/programming at WETA to help them develop grand-scale physics effects (look at the house at the end of trailer 5), and particle physics effects (smoke that swirls around you, and raindrops that splash individually in rippling puddles, et cetera), both optimized for four-core processors.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they've taken some of this time to redo the number of polys that make up Alex and Eli and Issac and Barney again, after they already redid the models and textures for Episode 1.

Edited by Norguard

If you loved Max Payne, Brew, play Max Payne 2. Just make sure you beat it three times on the three different difficulty settings to get the right ending. You'll appreciate it, if you liked the storytelling in Max Payne.

The second one didn't cut it for me for some reason.

i didnt even finish hl2... i heard it was a bit of a let down. anyhoo i need to find another game to keep me busy. the last good game ive played Max Payne... sigh

Oblivion will keep you busy for a long time. I probably did at least a 100 hours from just doing side quests and running around.

Yeah, Oblivion is really addictive. Many of the side-quests are more interesting than the main quest. The game has 4 different guilds to complete, along with quests that individual people give. You can buy houses, horses, invest in shops, close Oblivion gates, or just randomly enter dungeons. There's something for everyone in this game :)

I started playing Oblivion again last week since I got a new video card. I didn't know the game could look so nice.

It is. I just beat the main quest a couple days ago. Think there's like three or four side quests I have to complete to finish everything.

I started Oblivion on my 360 (I want a higher Gamerscore) and I actually found it so much easier than Morrowind (<-- what I consider to be the hardest game ever). This was a good thing, I made and Awesome Archer/blade user and I just closed the first Oblivion gate. I think I should explore more though because it seemed overly impossible to close that first gate.

(edited)

Episode 2 prices announced:

For $59.99, Half-Life 2 Orange (XBox 360, PC and PS3) comes complete with:

* Half-Life 2

* Half-Life 2 Episode 1

* Half-Life 2 Episode 2

* Team Fortress 2

* Portal

For $39.99, Half-Life 2 Black (PC only) consists of the following:

* Half-Life 2 Episode 2

* Team Fortress 2

* Portal

Edited by VooDooPC

I started Oblivion on my 360 (I want a higher Gamerscore) and I actually found it so much easier than Morrowind (<-- what I consider to be the hardest game ever). This was a good thing, I made and Awesome Archer/blade user and I just closed the first Oblivion gate. I think I should explore more though because it seemed overly impossible to close that first gate.

Invisibility is your friend.

Running by 40 deadra > fighting 40 deadra.

Invisibility is your friend.

Running by 40 deadra > fighting 40 deadra.

I want the Exp. though :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought Oblivion... after playing UT2k4 for many many hours, it's just far too slow paced for me. Pretty, but too slow. I'm glad I cant get addicted to be honest though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Episode 2, but I'll wait till i can get a used copy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What do I do if I don't want episode one? cry while Valve laughs at me?

I think I read somewhere valve will be offering other packages that will accommodate the folks that already own half life 2 and episode 1 through steam, but not sure when that might be happening.